Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Ol Headed to Malta instead of Pickwick (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/157285-ol-headed-malta-instead-pickwick.html)

Donzi38ZR 05-06-2007 08:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oopps Almost left out the Gringos :)

Top Banana 05-06-2007 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine (Post 2118483)
Charlie,

Please tell me whether or not these people are involved with the Britain Race... : O.R.O.
Thanks!

Tim......

I see the question has already been answered by Ben....thanks Ben. I think these ORO people are the same group that tried to do this Miami to New York race last year or the year before.

I don't know anything about them one way or the other. I hope they are successful in their efforts, I think this kind of publicity would be good for the sport overall.

Congrats to both the Outer Limits and Donzi teams. It is great to see them out there competing on a world stage in big water. Now if we could get the rest of the builders to follow, we could really make these boats the pride of America.

Donzi38ZR 05-06-2007 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by louietherigger (Post 2118618)
You do thats who!!:D Man they really know how to promote and produce an event. Professional to the max. Congrats to Joe Scro , Mike Fiore and OL on there speed run win.The boat looks awesome. One question though, and its not to start any BS but how many boats race at these events? If I'm right it seems like promotion is more important then boat count.
Louie

Well Lou, I can tell you that 2 of "The World's Fastest V-Bottoms where a no show... don't know the story.. :confused:

2 Skaters where also not present... Don't know the story... :confused:

1 Donzi was missing hence the Dragon winning Super-Sport :evilb: (Just kidding Hunts nice win congrats)

Starflite X 05-06-2007 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by louietherigger (Post 2118618)
how many boats race at these events?

Usually about twenty but they all run together. Fifteen started in Malta. Guess the rest will make it by the next race.

Donzi38ZR 05-06-2007 08:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
P.S Louie... Federico here asked me to forward this to you....
He says he just L O V E S him a real American Cowboy!!!! :eek::eek::evilb:

SHARKEY-IMAGES 05-06-2007 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Top Banana (Post 2118628)
Tim......

I see the question has already been answered by Ben....thanks Ben. I think these ORO people are the same group that tried to do this Miami to New York race last year or the year before.

and the year before that !:eek:

Now I have a bit more faith !

Thanks!

I will help promote it any way I can through my site.

It should be a great race!

louietherigger 05-07-2007 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Donzi38ZR (Post 2118654)
P.S Louie... Federico here asked me to forward this to you....
He says he just L O V E S him a real American Cowboy!!!! :eek::eek::evilb:

What happened you guys broke up?:drink: Well at our races, we just have girls struting there stuff, they leave the stud stuff to us racers! lol. Unless, if you promise to show up to LI ,NY I could probably get a couple of Cherry Grove guys for you!:eek: Kidding aside I am absorbing everything I see I those pictures, looks top knotch and professional. I'm getting Idea's.
Thanks, Louie

Donzi38ZR 05-07-2007 07:31 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by louietherigger (Post 2119631)
What happened you guys broke up?:drink: Well at our races, we just have girls struting there stuff, they leave the stud stuff to us racers! lol. Unless, if you promise to show up to LI ,NY I could probably get a couple of Cherry Grove guys for you!:eek: Kidding aside I am absorbing everything I see I those pictures, looks top knotch and professional. I'm getting Idea's.
Thanks, Louie

lol:D Glad I could help :eureka:

I think it's going to be one interesting season if the boats listed show up...

By the way Lou... from the look of it, I'd say Donzi is not completely out of racing at home just yet, so you can put the deportation request to Bush on hold for now:D

Example 1. Redline Racing - Donzi 38 ZR Competition - SBI -
Driver - Phil Boukather
Throttles - "The Legendary" Chris Gatturna
3/30/07 St. Cloud, FL Placed 1 -
4/20/07 Miami, FL Placed 2 -
http://www.superboat.com/teams.cfm?a...ail&teamID=198

Example 2. Donzi "Official OSS Paceboat" - Pickwick

JCPERF 05-07-2007 07:48 PM

Joe and Michael just got home at 8:00 tonight.Joe said the waves were on average 7 to 10 footers and then into up to 18 foot waves!!!!!:eek: :eek: He said the OL is the baddest rough water boat period!!!:cool:

louietherigger 05-07-2007 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Donzi38ZR (Post 2119767)
lol:D Glad I could help :eureka:

I think it's going to be one interesting season if the boats listed show up...

By the way Lou... from the look of it, I'd say Donzi is not completely out of racing at home just yet, so you can put the deportation request to Bush on hold for now:D

Example 1. Redline Racing - Donzi 38 ZR Competition - SBI -
Driver - Phil Boukather
Throttles - "The Legendary" Chris Gatturna
3/30/07 St. Cloud, FL Placed 1 -
4/20/07 Miami, FL Placed 2 -
http://www.superboat.com/teams.cfm?a...ail&teamID=198

Example 2. Donzi "Official OSS Paceboat" - Pickwick

Thats great I'll call the Prez imediately:p Glad to hear there racing