Ol Headed to Malta instead of Pickwick >

Ol Headed to Malta instead of Pickwick

Notices

Ol Headed to Malta instead of Pickwick

Old 05-02-2007, 10:13 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BAD APPLE
Boat one is overseas and Boat 2 was put together to race here until Michael quit. Neither are sold. They will probably race one or two more and the worlds. Figured they had no shot at the national title in both divisions so why lose face. I'm taking golf up with you Brian.
Brett
Anyone want to buy a Fountain that everyone is afraid to race?
Which bottom does it come with?
Old 05-02-2007, 10:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What battle? It lasted for two races and they quit. The last time they raced against Fountain was in 1998 in SBI and lost. I think the really great racing and battle is with MTI and Skater. They keep testing and testing and who knows who will win and they don't quit.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:21 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

What battle? It lasted for two races and they quit. The last time they raced against Fountain was in 1998 in SBI and lost. I think the really great racing and battle is with MTI and Skater. They keep testing and testing and who knows who will win and they don't quit.
I think the problem is not them racing against Fountain, but racing against Reggie
Old 05-02-2007, 11:12 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brett,

Mike and Joe are not scared of you or anything else fountain has to offer. The chioce to concentrate on Europe was simply an economic business decision.

Mike has made a decision to race in Europe to reach a larger number of fans and spectators, as well as introduce his product to a new group of prospective customers.

As you know racing isn't a cheap sport, so it makes more sence to invest in UIM where there is genuine competion, a fair and level set of rules and regulations, many big water venues. This way everybody wins........The europeans get introduced to Outerlimits, Mike and Joe get to race against multiple boats, and Reggie can claim another uncontested National Title.

It is easy to claim that OL is running from you guys, but based upon the fact that Fountain just laid off another 140 employees this past week, I guess it is clear that you guys don't understand the economics involved.

Good luck and see you at the Worlds
Old 05-02-2007, 11:32 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you talking about the 51 that runs 125mph with 3200hp
If the OL's are so slow, how do explain the 46 running 125 w/ 1075's? The 39 running 98 w/ 525's?
Old 05-02-2007, 11:42 PM
www.weismann.net
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't worry they get to race an older fountain with my drives over there. The P1 show has been on TV lately so stay tuned. evilb:

pat W
Old 05-02-2007, 11:48 PM
Registered

Personally I would like to see UIM set up shop in America as a soverign entity unattached to any US sanctioning body, it would be interesting to see where the chips fell between Skater, Donzi, Fountain, OL, Phantom and the rest. UIM is a solid org that gets races done.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:57 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Animal House,
So you are trying to tell me that little old Brett has more money to throw at racing than OL?
He is racing out against the OL factory with his own boat. To the best of my knowledge, and I know a lot on this, he is racing without a factory footing the bill.
So now what happens to the TWO teams and TWO boats that were set to race.
I know you will store one of them and bring it back for the worlds to CLAIM another world championsip in OSS if that happens!
Why dont you concentrate more efforts on customers boats and less on racing?
What does Fountain laying off people have to do with Brett? He pays for all the work on his boat unlike the OL boat which is still owned by OL.
If it is SOOO expensive to field a boat then why show up with ALL the toys and trucks, get back to racing and leave the SHOW at home. That should save you enough right there to race the whole season on just what it cost you guys in expenses to get all that stuff and all those people to a race and rooms and salarys for them.
If the boat is ready all you need is a dually!!! Hey just like BAD APPLE!!!
Old 05-03-2007, 05:14 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As they said, they dont want to spend the season racing against ONE boat.. There's no point in that, hell it's boring after a while.. As a fan, I have to applaud their efforts to reach a MUCH larger market, racing in a professional organization that doesnt kiss one manufacturers a s s because he is the title sponsor, on real offshore courses vs running circles on lakes where that particular manufacturers hulls shine.. AND, bonus points, we will at least have the pleasure of watching it on TV!!

I may actually have to go get a passport
Old 05-03-2007, 05:15 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Phantom1
The list of teams exiting the OSS organization is long, but distinguished.

Quick Reply: Ol Headed to Malta instead of Pickwick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.