Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Reasonable request regarding silent choice use? >

Reasonable request regarding silent choice use?

Notices

Reasonable request regarding silent choice use?

Old 05-03-2007, 04:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where are you on the lake. I'm out early most every weekend and i don't have silent choice.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:29 PM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Originally Posted by midmo
Where are you on the lake. I'm out early most every weekend and i don't have silent choice.
spring branch. I have always run open, but a neighbor says I am now disturbing them too much when I come and go.

Last edited by tblrklakemo; 05-03-2007 at 05:32 PM.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:00 PM
Registered

Where is spring branch? My house is by indian point
Old 05-03-2007, 06:59 PM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Originally Posted by midmo
Where is spring branch? My house is by indian point

5 minutes away from you. Heading towards cow creek/kimberling city it is the first large cove thats off to the left, cow creek is second, and little cow is third. Just cadi-corner from the point 5 marker. You be down this weekend? What do you boat in?
Old 05-03-2007, 07:14 PM
Registered

The 1 person complaining now will just be the start of it if you continue to insist on your right to annoy the other 100 any time of day. And typically those other 100 have a lot more money and friends in important places to start chit with.
It's a battle only you will lose.
The real question should be why would you have the exhuast open in a Marina? Sorry but by your post it sounds like your looking to create issues with the neighbors. As powerboaters we need to learn we are not the only ones with rights..
Old 05-03-2007, 07:26 PM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Originally Posted by ZP'd
The 1 person complaining now will just be the start of it if you continue to insist on your right to annoy the other 100 any time of day. And typically those other 100 have a lot more money and friends in important places to start chit with.
It's a battle only you will lose.
The real question should be why would you have the exhuast open in a Marina? Sorry but by your post it sounds like your looking to create issues with the neighbors. As powerboaters we need to learn we are not the only ones with rights..
I see your point, but 1. it isnt a marina...its only a handful of private docks 2. I certainly dont try and "defy" the requests of others. Just ask me. 3. I only start up and leave. Takes me 4 or 5 minutes. If the guy would have just asked me to try and quite it durring the afternoon I would (and i am) but he said I was up early making noise and somebody else got woken up...BS. He just came off as a powerboat hater. My intial question and reason for this thread was what are options when dealing with people who go overboard about "loud boats?" Thats it. Oh, and trust me...I dont want to find out what other neighbors opinions about my boat are as we all have to share the cove etc.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:46 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have two drag cars and a circle track car in my storage warehouse. A guy illegally has an apartment in this commercial zoned area and had the nerve to complain that on Saturday afternoons can I "cool it" running the engines. As nicely as I could I mentioned that I pay big rent to do what I want, especially on the weekends. I usually tell unreasonable complainers all about the Mistletoe on my shirttail.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:09 PM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Edward R. Cozzi
I have two drag cars and a circle track car in my storage warehouse. A guy illegally has an apartment in this commercial zoned area and had the nerve to complain that on Saturday afternoons can I "cool it" running the engines. As nicely as I could I mentioned that I pay big rent to do what I want, especially on the weekends. I usually tell unreasonable complainers all about the Mistletoe on my shirttail.
Mistletoe on the shirttail....thats funny. I wish it were all that easy in my situation. I am certainly not the "just to prove a point type." I only mind my business and expect others to do the same. If my boat disturbs others no matter what than i will amend the situation....but i certainly dont cave into bogus demands from some grouch that makes up 1/23 of our neighborhood. For all i know the "neighbors" that arent there yet he says hate loud boats really dont. I get enjoyment out of idling out with loud exhaust bellowing...they get quite 99% of the time, so whats wrong with my 1% of kinda loud?
Old 05-03-2007, 09:13 PM
Registered

What the hell is "silent choice"?

You are getting singled out by a guy who needs to feel important. A guy who needs to be the big time president of the HOA to exert his power. A guy who can tell you what the HOA thinks before any of them have met you or heard your boat! If you push him just right he will pee his pants and run away to find his mama. Be tactfull not to start a real issue with the neighbors (who you will probably get along with fine) but don't give this guy an inch.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:41 PM
Registered

On weekends I always did what I wanted at LOTO but Im in one of the busiest sections there (18.5MM). I had a niebor at the condo complain to me and the HOA. They said they wanted piece and quiet when they are down there. I told them come down on weekdays or buy a house somewhere else if thats what you want. Most others in the HOA agreed. A lot of us bought the condos to party on the weekends and dont want anyone telling us we can't. They did move after a year. Moral of the story is there are probably others in you HOA that will back you up. At least they did at my meetings.

By the way, I was still used my silent choice before 10:00am and after 11:00 pm. I just thought that was the right thing to do.

Quick Reply: Reasonable request regarding silent choice use?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.