Notices

Holy S**T!

Old 05-04-2007, 05:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zudnic
I said you cant say whatever you want on a private forum, break their rules and they can boot you.

If a dealer gives you a hassle call the manufactuer and if they dont help you. Then drop them as well as the dealer. I kind of defended Baja, anything made by us humans can and does have problem's. Nobody is perfect did Jordan miss shots? Does Tiger Woods play a bad round of golf? Both those guy's do have off days. Does'nt mean they are bad at their respective sports........
You'r correct ZUDNIC, and I apologize to you for misunderstanding your post.

Although I really enjoy the people and input shared on OSO,
this particular "episode" and the TBM bashing which arose, must have got the best of me.
Thank's for the correction!
Old 05-04-2007, 06:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by StillHaulin@61
I happen to agree with you, he does have many reasons to be pissed, however why wasn't his "gripe" posted on the dealers website?

Why start all this BS and start bashing TBM, which happens to be the only website that the Baja people actually monitor consistantly. There is even a section which is wholly dedicated to complaints and problems associated with its member's Baja.

Bottom line, this whole silly episode has nothing whatsoever to do with Baja Marine or even with TBM,
it's solely about having a tantrum over not getting one's own way.

Yeah it is a damn shame "getting my own way" is just wanting a boat that is going to perform the way it is suppose to....

I have taken this up with Marine Max on several levels. Also have been taking this up with Baja months later this is still not resolved and I am having to pay out of pocket for warranty items! There for I am going to B**ch!!!

Back to the TBM part I put it in the section he had put for comments on the 277 being the boat of the year! But I get a little pissed when some internet rambo threatens to hit me with a brick...

Last edited by Chriswithaboat; 05-04-2007 at 07:04 PM.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:23 PM
Banned

All I know is that Oso is no place to start a pissing match about another site.

Btw, I'd be more pissed at the dealer than Baja.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:46 PM
Registered

Yeah---what he said!

Sounds to me like you have a real problem with the dealer, not Baja. As the factory's representative, the manufacturer can't just overide the dealer on these issues, or they wouldn't have many dealers after a while.

As with any new products, there will be a few teething problems. Surely you expected that. Just ask anyone who has Vista.

I have owned five Baja boats, although none were bought new by me, I've called Baja looking for answers several times, and was always treated well, and my questions answered quickly and professionally.
'course, I'M SPECIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-06-2007, 01:50 AM
Registered

It seems to me that if any boat manufacturer had a genuine problem with their product, they would be eager to take care of that customer, and threaten (privately, of course) sanctions on a dealer that was causing a customer to be unhappy with the servicing of their product, especially if it is truly warranty problems. I suspect we all think that would be the case, but I know firsthand that it isn't always that way with all products, or at least with car manufacturers. I had several repeat (and expensive) issues with a truck I bought brand new that was still under warranty. My issue was the opposite: the service writer said it was a (well known) factory problem, there were several web sites where other owners complained of the same issues, and the factory refused to cover repairs correctly, and/or more than once. It was my third brand-new vehicle of theirs in 4 years and they basically told me to get bent. I haven't bought any more of their cars/trucks since.

With anything we buy, there are loyalists to "their" brand who will defend it to the end, and there are always those who will bash brand x's products no matter what it is or how good it is. Sooner or later, somebody ends up with a product that is substandard, and if they don't get taken care of, all hell breaks loose, and often, rightfully so. Whether or not you have a legitimate beef with your Baja, only you can judge, you paid for it.

Having said that, I think you can post whatever you want if it follows the forum rules, but if the moderator or owner has a problem with your post, don't be surprised if it/you get yanked off the site. Personally, I like the TBM site. If TBM has responded poorly to certain postings, I think they have missed a great opportunity to take the high road and establish/prove their site as a top-notch Class A site. If they've made threats, no matter what the motivation, I say that just plain stinks.

Airing out problems with one website on another one? Hmmm...utter frustration does things to one's rationale and sometimes a legitimate message will fall on deaf ears due to the delivery of said message. Sometimes airing your issues out helps get things solved, sometimes it backfires and blows up in your face. I've seen it work both ways in other threads I've read on this site.

I don't have any horse in this race, it's just my take on what I'm reading.

If you really feel like you've gotten the shaft, unload that thing and get one you're happy with. You've let everybody know you think you got screwed. Life's too short to spend too much time being pizzed and bitter. Every minute you spend dwelling on that is a minute you could have spent grinning ear to ear driving something else, and that's a lot more fun.