Windlass Anchor for 442 Baja >

Windlass Anchor for 442 Baja

Notices

Windlass Anchor for 442 Baja

Old 05-03-2007, 10:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windlass Anchor for 442 Baja

My buddy had the entire windlass assembly come apart and anchor was released into Lake Michigan. Any reccomendations on where to replace it. I have contacted Baja to no evail as of yet. This is the stainless contoured anchor for a 2000 baja 442. TIA for any suggestions. Hammer
Old 05-03-2007, 11:55 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Trent if he needs something just to get him by I've got a biga$$ Danforth just sitting in my garage that'd be perfect for him...I had it on my Powerquest, it's actually too big to fit anywhere on the Fountain! I guarantee it'll hold him. Gimme a call.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:42 PM
Registered

Try a company called Cleveland boat anchors. I am pretty sure they are the ones that manufactured the whole set up for Baja.

Keith
Old 05-03-2007, 03:34 PM
Registered

Thanks guys, Mike, I have a back-up for him and a spare for the stern, he just is wanting his windlass fixed "right" and it takes a tapered specific style anchor, similar to the one in the front of the Formula SS. I will try the Cleveland company. thanks again. Hammer
Old 05-03-2007, 03:46 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Must be the 442 curse! A fiend of mine had the same thing happen last summer. Was cruissing down the lake and heard a couple of good wacks against the boat bottom. Anchor came loose, bounced from side to side under the boat, then went airborn, flying right between the 5 riders at head height and bounced off the engine hatch. Needless to say, 5 guys found God and and the closest Fruit of The Looms retailer that day! The anchor got a real good curve in the arm part from all the dancing around it did, which I was able to straighten out on in a press.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Must be the 442 curse! A fiend of mine had the same thing happen last summer. Was cruissing down the lake and heard a couple of good wacks against the boat bottom. Anchor came loose, bounced from side to side under the boat, then went airborn, flying right between the 5 riders at head height and bounced off the engine hatch. Needless to say, 5 guys found God and and the closest Fruit of The Looms retailer that day! The anchor got a real good curve in the arm part from all the dancing around it did, which I was able to straighten out on in a press.
This was almost as good, did not hear it but center motor shut down. Lifted drive to find it wrapped with anchor line and chain and the rope cut with no anchor. Further investigation found fiberglass in the front of the boat all "gouched" sp up from the initial destruction. Now, need anchor and fiberglass repair. This is something we are also trying to check with at baja because it is the 3rd one we have heard about.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:39 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Keep me posted if you hear anything.
Old 05-04-2007, 07:51 AM
Registered

Keep me posted too!
Old 05-04-2007, 08:31 AM
BZ
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
Trent if he needs something just to get him by I've got a biga$$ Danforth just sitting in my garage that'd be perfect for him...I had it on my Powerquest, it's actually too big to fit anywhere on the Fountain! I guarantee it'll hold him. Gimme a call.
Is it a true Danforth???? it might be intrested to see if it fit's in my Fountain, you know mine is bigger than yours.....BZ
Old 05-04-2007, 08:37 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Nahh. It just looks like one and holds like one! It actually took me 20 minutes to free the fokker after the Air Show one year! I almost cut it loose cuz I thought I had snagged something, but it was just stuck on the bottom. You can have the thing...but only if I can have it back in a couple years when my boat gets bigger!

Quick Reply: Windlass Anchor for 442 Baja

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.