Notices

Fever

Old 05-08-2007, 09:25 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

when we where at jerrys testing...oh snap...
Attached Thumbnails Fever-dscn2266.jpg   Fever-dscn2264.jpg   Fever-dscn2272.jpg  

Old 05-08-2007, 10:52 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

what yr/make/model is that boat??
Old 05-09-2007, 04:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

28 manta yr not sure, jeff will know. I guess 87 art
Old 05-09-2007, 10:08 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
28 manta yr not sure, jeff will know. I guess 87 art
As I recall the guy who originally owned Fever.....and I'm having a senior moment about his name...later ran the ACR Chris Cat in P class. ACR was on the water in '85....so I believe Fever has to be older than that by at least a couple of years.

Without a doubt that boat and Black Duck are the two longest running and most successful hulls in offshore history.... with Fever being number one all time in terms of longevity.

What I always liked about that boat was its ability , during Joe Sgro's ownership, to run with much larger hulls in really nasty water..... There is something about the way that boat is balanced...and the cojones of the team, that really made Fever stand out.

As I said....I'm a a fan.... and I got to cover the hull's career for TV in over a hundred races. Fever, to me, is what a true offshore career should symbolize, years of competing against the very best, never giving up, and having enduring success.
If my memory is correct, Fever had almost 20 years of top level racing, most of which with Joe Sgro, JC, and the gang.

T2x
Old 05-09-2007, 11:03 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

any movies around of this boat??
Old 05-09-2007, 11:23 AM
Registered

I remember that boat well. That 28 Manta was AMAZING to watch. Ran so incredibly strong in some really rough conditions.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JCPERF
Some old shots and one when the hatch ripped off in KW
NICE! Can't wait to see it complete!
Old 05-09-2007, 06:33 PM
Registered

JC,
If I remember what Joe told me isn't that how Fountain got the name of their Fever line
Brett
Old 05-09-2007, 09:19 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Manta.......not exactly a household name........with that kind of success youd think there would be splashes all over the place......is there any??
Old 05-09-2007, 09:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by T2x
As I recall the guy who originally owned Fever.....and I'm having a senior moment about his name...later ran the ACR Chris Cat in P class. ACR was on the water in '85....so I believe Fever has to be older than that by at least a couple of years.

Without a doubt that boat and Black Duck are the two longest running and most successful hulls in offshore history.... with Fever being number one all time in terms of longevity.

What I always liked about that boat was its ability , during Joe Sgro's ownership, to run with much larger hulls in really nasty water..... There is something about the way that boat is balanced...and the cojones of the team, that really made Fever stand ou
As I said....I'm a a fan.... and I got to cover the hull's career for TV in over a hundred races. Fever, to me, is what a true offshore career should symbolize, years of competing against the very best, never giving up, and having enduring success.
If my memory is correct, Fever had almost 20 years of top level racing, most of which with Joe Sgro, JC, and the gang.

T2x
yes thats right I have the old ff tapes and nn tapes starting 87 when you were the host T2x ps you were very good at it to. art

Last edited by AIR TIME; 05-09-2007 at 10:20 PM.

Quick Reply: Fever

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.