Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how my supposed to lift an engine without a hoist

f***ing phsycho!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-09-2002, 06:36 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

bringing guns to interviews, actually now that i think about it.....

actually never mind, i'm not interviewing for a job at the post office.
Old 01-09-2002, 06:37 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
If they ask if you know how to type, say YES!!!

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 01-09-2002, 07:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It is a little late for this interview, but try to land some interviews for jobs you don't care much about. Like any other skill, practice helps a lot. But what do I know, I couldn't get a job so I had to go self-employed.

When "interviewing" with a possible client, I do ask many questions, but I try to make them deep, thought provoking questions about their business that hopefully they will not know the answer to, but should. This helps them to see the need for an expert in those areas, and hopefully see me as it. If you're comfortable with the technique and think it is approparate for this interview, use it. And good luck.
Old 01-09-2002, 07:54 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

chart tah is eth same kind of thing i do in thos esituations. I have been doign freelance web design fora while but this is thr first time i have gone for a "real job"
Old 01-09-2002, 07:58 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Don't let them know that you have any side interests to earn money. When an employer hires you they want to think that you are 100% dependant upon them for income.

Make sure you interview them. Ask them why you should work for them and not someone else. Ask about stock options, health benifits and 401K savings plans.

How many people work at this place? It makes a difference. Let them know you like to work long hours, can't get a girl so all you want to do is drowned in work.

Their goal is to get as much work out of you for as little pay as possible. Your goal is to get as much from them as possible. Sorry to say that long term employment is not a reality anymore. Get it while you can.
Old 01-09-2002, 08:12 PM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
puder,

The easiest way to get your self calmed down is to tell yourself you dont really want this lousy job. That way you will feel more in control of your emotions. I do it every time I go to an interview. Being calm shows confidence. When you talk to them, they are not your buddies, be respectful and think before you answer.
You will probably have to fill out an app, so bring cheat notes along. Like previous employers address and phone number, School address, etc.. Having all that info with you makes it much easier to fill out, and spell check it before you leave home, this will keep you calm also. If they dont have a clean copy of your resume, bring a new shiny one with you.... and read it before you go in so you can remember what you said in the resume. Sometimes a resume gets a little old and you may forget what you said. I also have a reference sheet with personal and professional references. If things are going well, I might ask if they want a list of references, then you have it to hand them.
Take some notes on the questions you ask them, makes it look like you are interested.

Well I hope that helps. I just got a new job three weeks ago. My last day will be this Friday. I start another new job on Jan 22. So it worked for me!!

Good luck

Dick
Old 01-09-2002, 08:22 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Invision them in their underwear!
Old 01-09-2002, 08:22 PM
Registered

Wink

Donzimitch, If you KISS ASS real hard one day you are gonna have to eat S*!T!!!
Not a good proposition Puder, what do you think?

Towel Boy

And Donzimitch, here a proud owner of a sweeeeeeet sixteen and LOVE it!!!

Puder all the best of luck, and like a lot of the folks here said BE YOURSELF!!

[ 01-09-2002: Message edited by: Towel Boy ]
Old 01-09-2002, 10:47 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

keep Mr winky in your pants...well, for this interview at least.

Good luck. I interviewed a lot, many unsuccesful, and I'm a damn fine candidate I might add, but don't know why I didn't get them, so I can't help you. I know a guy who has had about 12 jobs in the last year or two, and he's the biggest goof you'll ever meet. I think he just hangs out at places till they figure they might as well give him work as long as he's there. And legally, they have to pay him.

In my opp, with some of these big companies, it's what they call the "like me syndrome". If the boss sees you as "like him" you're in. If not, kiss ass, that seems to work for a lot of folks. LOL!

I am amazed at the number of interviews I do where people just don't dress as well as they once used to.

Oh, and since it's graphic artist work, when they ask to see your portfolio, DO NOT start going "portfolio, I need T.P for my bungholio" Although, if you don't want that job, it might be fun to do.

Mark

Quick Reply: job interview???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.