Charter Member #971
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Outerlimits!

Hawaii no ka 'oi
Old 01-09-2002, 04:20 PM
Registered

Baja is nice but my vote is FORMULA ALL THE WAY! The fit and finish is second to none! It is truly a Lexus on the water. It may not be the fastest but it does everything very well and the quality is outstanding!

Good Luck!

Shane
Old 01-09-2002, 04:22 PM
Registered

Between those two excellent choices I would pick the formula. I perfer the looks and i've heard only good things about formula. good luck and let us know the final decision.
Old 01-09-2002, 04:22 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

formula,

fountains are nice but pricey. The interiors are pretty bare bonesey. I havn;t been aon a fastec but i have been on the 40SS and thier interior appointments are very nice. I must say fouantin interior are getting better. Foundatin do seem to hold thier value pretty well though.

Btw formula and baja go formula
btw formula and faountain its kind fo a toss up if they are the same price.
Old 01-09-2002, 04:35 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A lot of quick replies! Thanks guys. It went pretty much the way I thought it would.

Too Old - come on, place your vote. Formula right?

27 Fountain - Never had a problem with noise yet on Norman. I love those headers on the 500's. Believe it or not, that was the one thing my wife insisted on was the 500's. The Baja is for sale, but we will probably trade if no one jumps on it soon.

Liquid Asset- I have a lot of respect for Fountain. We have a lot of friends with Fountains and have logged many hours on one. They are built well, Fast and made in North Carolina. The dealer here is second to none on service. However we don't need the speed, don't like the ride as much, I think Fountain should do a better job of installing foot rest to really brace yourself and the wife feels closed in in the cuddy. Great boats, boat we would have to have a 38 to get the room we want and it is out of range on price.
Old 01-09-2002, 04:36 PM

FasTech Formula all the way. Faster than a Baja and just as good in rough water.

Old 01-09-2002, 04:40 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I love my baja[s] no regrets here but I would have to say formula unless you could find a 40 outlaw close to the formula price
Old 01-09-2002, 04:41 PM
ScreaminDemon

FORMULA if those are the ONLY choices. Baja is the Hyundia and Formula is the Buick without question. But for that money, why are you looking at some of the "custom" builders instead of a "snap-together" boat? Get something that isn't like all the others.

Old 01-09-2002, 04:42 PM
DJD
Registered

Oh just buy a 42' Outerlimits with a pair of 1200 Sterlings & 6 drives.
Shouldn't be that much more
Old 01-09-2002, 04:47 PM
VIP Member

I hate to say this but I have to tell the truth. I own a Baja and it is a good boat but I am disappointed with the quality of the gelcoat. As the boat aged you could start to see lines and mat marks through the finish. I must admit that the stripes in the gel has held up extremely well to aging. The only thing I don't like about Formulas is the painted stripes should you accidentally scrape the side it will ruin the painted stripe as where I just buff the gel and I'm back in business. Formula used to be a heavy slow boat that was like a rock but now with the Fastech bottom I wouldn't even think about the Baja. You also need to consider how well it will age and what it will be worth come upgrade time but you already know that!!

Good luck and post some pics when it's yours!!

Quick Reply: Help me decide which boat to buy...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.