Running Hot is on ebay; caught on fire >

Running Hot is on ebay; caught on fire

Notices

Running Hot is on ebay; caught on fire

Old 04-09-2008, 10:18 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by candyman35
Would love to see & hear that video. That was one loud boat!!!
Ditto BIG Daddy i've never heard another boat as load as that Beast Standing on the beach in Morris my kid roared by at 5000 rpm and my friggin teeth chattered .
ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-10-2008, 08:20 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Try this number for the anyone interested in purchasing running hot.

Tom Houston
773-972-0631
Old 04-10-2008, 08:49 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
Runnin' Hot was the spark that created Active Thunder's fire.

Diane and I flew into Kalamazoo for my birthday weekend with our friends Larry Hollenbeck and his beautiful girlfriend Karen.

There was a surprise party for me with about 30 people that I had never met. It was weird and wild.

The next day we went out running on the lake in Larry's 41 Sonic with some bad to the bone power. Other friends on the run were Bob Harris and his wife, who owned Runnin' Hot, a guy named Bruce with a 31 Sonic, which I had one of at the time and a few others.

We partied off some nuclear plant south of St. Joseph (only place with warm water) and at the end of the day, after much partying, headed back to South Haven. Larry and Bob were always doing the 'one up'. I was in Larry's Sonic co-pilot and camcorded Runnin' Hot at about 100 plus.

I don't think Bob knew Larry had installed Nitrous in the Sonic and just after Bob passed us Larry hit the switch......

The rest is history. I saw that boat running triple digits like it was on RAILS, sold my Sonic, bought a 32 with HP 450s and 15 years later here we are.

Man, that turned out to be one expensive birthday party!

I wonder if I can find that VHS and convert it to a movie for the net.
Do you ever talk to Larry anymore? That was a great looking sonic with some bad Azz power. Seems the were 700 plus cubic inch naturally aspirated with the #6's. Super nice guy and always had beautiful woman with him.

Once he started racing cars never seen the boat anymore.
Does he still have it or did he sell it.

Heard Bob was so mad with the nitrous trick that he desided to sell running hot, not sure if it's true but thats always been the rumor on the pond.

Bruce got rid of his 31 sonic, and has a 45' now, he and his wife are very nice people as well.

Jon
Old 04-10-2008, 08:57 AM
Banned

[QUOTE=cougarman;2520164]

Heard Bob was so mad with the nitrous trick that he desided to sell running hot

Now thats funny
ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-10-2008, 10:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a common sight back then ....

would take a lotta love ....

Old 04-10-2008, 12:25 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by woogie
a common sight back then ....

[/IMG]

Yeah, I was around at least once in South Haven when Bob and his AT were pulled over. I rode on that boat many times back then.

Bob lived in Chicago and his parents owned a cottage on Lake Michigan near St. Joe so, he always brought the boat over from Chicago to St. Joe. I knew Bob when he first owned a 302 Formula with a pair of stock Merc 330's and a few other boats that we would boat from St. Joe up to Saugatuck many times in the evening hours before the sun would go down.... that was always so much fun. Gas was very cheap back then and no noise restrictions.

I have such great memories from back then with the offshore boats...the 1980's and early 90's.

Anyway, I distinctly remember how solid of a ride and secure I felt when I first rode on Bob's 32'AT...Runnin' Hot! That is why I own a 32'AT today. Bob was merciless with that thing and pissed off a lot of people---but he sure knew how to drive that boat! I am telling you that boy could DRIVE that boat!!!

Last edited by KAAMA; 04-10-2008 at 12:29 PM.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When we had the condo in South Haven, I could always tell when Runnin Hot was getting to or leaving Captain Lou's. That was a awesome sounding boat.

There was a sad story that went along with that boat as I remember.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:34 PM
Registered

Received 284 Likes on 171 Posts

I say we buy it and make it into a bar
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by KAAMA
Anyway, I distinctly remember how solid of a ride and secure I felt when I first rode on Bob's 32'AT...Runnin' Hot! That is why I own a 32'AT today. Bob was merciless with that thing and pissed off a lot of people---but he sure knew how to drive that boat! I am telling you that boy could DRIVE that boat!!!
If you have not run in or next to one, its hard to describe how well they actually do run. I have personally seen 32ATs just eating up big water as well or better than boats 5-8 feet longer. The 28, 33, 37, and 43 Active Thunders all have roots back to this hull.

If the old hull still surveys sound, we will do a refurb at the Active Thunder Factory; and it will come out like one of the new ones.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 04-10-2008 at 12:37 PM.
Banned

Originally Posted by harsin
Here's a couple pictures from 1993 and 1994 Thunder Marine/ Pier 33 poker runs. It was an awesome boat ,pictures don't do it justice. I saw it at Thunder boat's shop in 1991 when my 24 thunder was built.
Hey BIG Daddy 1993 & 1994 that would of been Tom Orseno & Bob Otringer runnin/racin the boat from NEW well into the late 90s
ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 04-10-2008 at 12:55 PM. Reason: pic download

Quick Reply: Running Hot is on ebay; caught on fire

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.