Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Outerlimits and Nor-Tech Seat Time Questions >

Outerlimits and Nor-Tech Seat Time Questions

Like Tree0Likes

Outerlimits and Nor-Tech Seat Time Questions

Reply

Old 05-29-2007, 08:11 AM
  #1
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
My Boat: Spectre Sportfish Tournament Edition
Posts: 1,233
Default Outerlimits and Nor-Tech Seat Time Questions

For those that have seat time in a 42 OL and a 43V Nor-Tech I was looking for opinions on ride, speed, handling, etc. in all types of water (preferably ocean 2-4' waves). I understand the OL will be a faster boat with same power for a multitude of reasons but I wanted to get some opinions on ride and fit/finish quality from those who have experience. Any inputs here would be helpful as I narrow down my top two choices.

BTW, I know about cabin and amentities so only looking for ride/driving comparisons and anything else anyone has to offer.

Thanks,
Dave
Vyper340 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 09:22 AM
  #2
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member
 
Stormrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Long Island, NY
My Boat: 2003 28 Pantera - SOLD
Posts: 8,832
Default

I'm friendly w/a guy who just upgraded from 43nt w/ twin diesels and arnesons to a 50 w/ the same but trips.
He could buy anything he wants.
He choses the NT for ride comfort.
Less weight = more speed, but also gives up ride comfort.
Stormrider is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 12:38 PM
  #3
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
My Boat: Spectre Sportfish Tournament Edition
Posts: 1,233
Default

Ttt
Vyper340 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 07:44 PM
  #4
Registered
 
dreamboater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Southern Maryland
My Boat: 2000 28 Skater
Posts: 1,234
Default

I have never ridden in a Nortech, but I did ride in a 42 Epoxy with 1075's in Miami. One word....WOW...really great riding boat, very fast, and gorgeous. Both brands mentioned are top notch. Nortech builds one hell of a boat too. That would be a hard choice, wish I was the one having to deal with it Good luck
dreamboater is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 10:45 PM
  #5
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Mentalpause's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: IL...LOTO
My Boat: Nor-Tech 340 CC
Posts: 3,774
Default

Originally Posted by Vyper340 View Post
For those that have seat time in a 42 OL and a 43V Nor-Tech I was looking for opinions on ride, speed, handling, etc. in all types of water (preferably ocean 2-4' waves). I understand the OL will be a faster boat with same power for a multitude of reasons but I wanted to get some opinions on ride and fit/finish quality from those who have experience. Any inputs here would be helpful as I narrow down my top two choices.

BTW, I know about cabin and amentities so only looking for ride/driving comparisons and anything else anyone has to offer.

Thanks,
Dave
Contact Jassman - he went through this same issue a couple times, same boats.
Mentalpause is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 10:48 PM
  #6
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
My Boat: Spectre Sportfish Tournament Edition
Posts: 1,233
Default

Originally Posted by Mentalpause View Post
Contact Jassman - he went through this same issue a couple times, same boats.
Jeff's been great with a lot of good info. I was just probing for other inputs or as much as possible to help me sway the scale which is nearly even (strong points of each are different but overall I feel they are closely matched).
Vyper340 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 10:52 PM
  #7
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Mentalpause's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: IL...LOTO
My Boat: Nor-Tech 340 CC
Posts: 3,774
Default

Originally Posted by Vyper340 View Post
Jeff's been great with a lot of good info. I was just probing for other inputs or as much as possible to help me sway the scale which is nearly even (strong points of each are different but overall I feel they are closely matched).
Knot for Me put a quote out here once that asked do you want performance with luxury, or luxury with performance? I thought that was well put.

Last edited by Mentalpause; 05-31-2007 at 07:44 AM.
Mentalpause is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 11:04 PM
  #8
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
My Boat: Spectre Sportfish Tournament Edition
Posts: 1,233
Default

Originally Posted by Mentalpause View Post
Knot for Me put a quote out here once that asked do you want performance with luxery, or luxery with performance? I thought that was well put.
How you liking your F-4? I thought that was a good looking boat at the Miami show this year!
Vyper340 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 07:40 AM
  #9
rv
Registered
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Hawthorn Woods, IL
Posts: 1,193
Default

Vyper340,
If you will be purchasing one or the other you will be spending alot of $$'s on the purchase. Why not spend a couple hundred for a plane ticket and ride in each. The you can make the decision based on your input and not someone elses. Everyone has a different opinion on what is a good/great riding boat. It will be your boat so ride in it and decide. If the seller is serious about selling he will provide a test ride.

Rick
rv is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 07:53 AM
  #10
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Mentalpause's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: IL...LOTO
My Boat: Nor-Tech 340 CC
Posts: 3,774
Default

Originally Posted by Vyper340 View Post
How you liking your F-4? I thought that was a good looking boat at the Miami show this year!
The boat runs great, and the workmanship is outstanding. Here is a thread started by Wild after a ride Sunday in the snot at LOTO. He is a LipShip Cig guy.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=159578
Mentalpause is offline  
Reply With Quote

Quick Reply: Outerlimits and Nor-Tech Seat Time Questions


OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser