Outerlimits and Nor-Tech Seat Time Questions >

Outerlimits and Nor-Tech Seat Time Questions

Notices

Outerlimits and Nor-Tech Seat Time Questions

Old 05-29-2007, 08:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Outerlimits and Nor-Tech Seat Time Questions

For those that have seat time in a 42 OL and a 43V Nor-Tech I was looking for opinions on ride, speed, handling, etc. in all types of water (preferably ocean 2-4' waves). I understand the OL will be a faster boat with same power for a multitude of reasons but I wanted to get some opinions on ride and fit/finish quality from those who have experience. Any inputs here would be helpful as I narrow down my top two choices.

BTW, I know about cabin and amentities so only looking for ride/driving comparisons and anything else anyone has to offer.

Thanks,
Dave
Old 05-29-2007, 09:22 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm friendly w/a guy who just upgraded from 43nt w/ twin diesels and arnesons to a 50 w/ the same but trips.
He could buy anything he wants.
He choses the NT for ride comfort.
Less weight = more speed, but also gives up ride comfort.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:38 PM
Registered

Ttt
Old 05-30-2007, 07:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have never ridden in a Nortech, but I did ride in a 42 Epoxy with 1075's in Miami. One word....WOW...really great riding boat, very fast, and gorgeous. Both brands mentioned are top notch. Nortech builds one hell of a boat too. That would be a hard choice, wish I was the one having to deal with it Good luck
Old 05-30-2007, 10:45 PM
Registered

Received 88 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Vyper340
For those that have seat time in a 42 OL and a 43V Nor-Tech I was looking for opinions on ride, speed, handling, etc. in all types of water (preferably ocean 2-4' waves). I understand the OL will be a faster boat with same power for a multitude of reasons but I wanted to get some opinions on ride and fit/finish quality from those who have experience. Any inputs here would be helpful as I narrow down my top two choices.

BTW, I know about cabin and amentities so only looking for ride/driving comparisons and anything else anyone has to offer.

Thanks,
Dave
Contact Jassman - he went through this same issue a couple times, same boats.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
Contact Jassman - he went through this same issue a couple times, same boats.
Jeff's been great with a lot of good info. I was just probing for other inputs or as much as possible to help me sway the scale which is nearly even (strong points of each are different but overall I feel they are closely matched).
Old 05-30-2007, 10:52 PM
Registered

Jeff's been great with a lot of good info. I was just probing for other inputs or as much as possible to help me sway the scale which is nearly even (strong points of each are different but overall I feel they are closely matched).
Knot for Me put a quote out here once that asked do you want performance with luxury, or luxury with performance? I thought that was well put.

Last edited by Mentalpause; 05-31-2007 at 07:44 AM.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
Knot for Me put a quote out here once that asked do you want performance with luxery, or luxery with performance? I thought that was well put.
How you liking your F-4? I thought that was a good looking boat at the Miami show this year!
Old 05-31-2007, 07:40 AM
rv
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Vyper340,
If you will be purchasing one or the other you will be spending alot of $$'s on the purchase. Why not spend a couple hundred for a plane ticket and ride in each. The you can make the decision based on your input and not someone elses. Everyone has a different opinion on what is a good/great riding boat. It will be your boat so ride in it and decide. If the seller is serious about selling he will provide a test ride.

Rick
Old 05-31-2007, 07:53 AM
Registered

How you liking your F-4? I thought that was a good looking boat at the Miami show this year!
The boat runs great, and the workmanship is outstanding. Here is a thread started by Wild after a ride Sunday in the snot at LOTO. He is a LipShip Cig guy.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=159578

Quick Reply: Outerlimits and Nor-Tech Seat Time Questions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.