The cost of raising a child. >

The cost of raising a child.

Notices

The cost of raising a child.

Old 01-11-2002, 06:56 AM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree, Kids are the greatest. I have three and I tell myself everyday that life without them would not be the same. I know my Mom and Dad made sacrifices to raise myself and my two brothers and I in turn owe it to my kids to do the same .

ScreaminDemon~ WOW what a statement. What if your parents thought the way you do? Where would you be today? Sure your parents would be rolling in the extra cash they saved and you would be doing,,,,what?

Be glad there are people out there that are less selfish who decide to raise a family because thats how you and I and everyone else got here!

I guess until you have one you really don't know how much fun they are.
Old 01-11-2002, 07:41 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts
I have to agree COMPLETELY!! I can't imagine my life without my kids, it would be empty and boring. We too make the sacrafices to keep our kids out of daycare, and I wouldn't have it any other way. My oldest Daughter, Ally, was just tested and accepted in the gifted program at her school, and I'm one proud PAPA @ the moment!!
MD
PS The latest name for our boat, that the boss, (Wife) and I like is: "Faster Daddy" !
Both of the girls like to go FAST!! I'm a lucky man!!

[ 01-11-2002: Message edited by: Dean Ferry ]
Old 01-11-2002, 07:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds great , but I will remain kidless and wifeless as long as I can !!
Old 01-11-2002, 07:51 AM
Wild Horses

Then how come my ex screwed me over for more than $254,000 over 18 years for child support when custody is joint and I have them half of the time, pay for 50% of their extra expenses, put a roof over their heads when they are with me and don't forget how much a teenage boy can consume. Sounds like something is wrong with the formula. They are great kids and I guess it is the price one must pay to rid yourself of a mistake.... HER

[ 01-11-2002: Message edited by: Wild Horses ]

Old 01-11-2002, 08:01 AM
Registered

What a great "article". Did you write that?

I am one of those people who never wanted kids. I do not like babies (even still - I like little kids, just not babies too much), but when I found out I was preg I freaked out. But I figured it was meant to be and tried to make the best out of it. I wouldn't trade my little guy for anything in the world. I now stay home with him all day, and he's so cool. I have good days and bad days just like when I used to work. He is definitely one investment that will be life long. I couldn't imagine where or what I'd be now with out him - probably would've killed myself from too much partying!!
Old 01-11-2002, 08:24 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I used to really like O P K.Then i got my very own little boating buddy.She is 4.5 now and it has been the best 4.5 years of my life.Can't wait till shes big enough to wash and wax the boat
Old 01-11-2002, 08:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I there with you screamon Deamon, or maybe I just haven't reached that point in my life. I am 25, and allot of my friends have kids and their always broke, and never go out. If I had kids their is no way I could afford the Fountain, Flying, or my Conv BMW. Just my 2 cents

WILL
Old 01-11-2002, 08:44 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts
Then we have BAJABOB38 an abortion that lived.
Old 01-11-2002, 08:55 AM
Registered

Man Sy - you are ruthless!! Offsnore only?
Old 01-11-2002, 09:09 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts
It's funny when I 'm coming off plane my 4 yr. will say "why are we slowing down?" I have two young children and they are great. I will admit that children do cramp your style sometimes but that goes with the job. You can't return them! So, If you don't think it is for don't do it.

27fountain, 25 is too young to have kids. Enjoy life for 5 or 10 more years then think about it.

Dave M.

Quick Reply: The cost of raising a child.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.