Notices

I'm banished to powerboatsonly.com

Old 06-01-2007, 01:19 PM
OSO
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Am I the only one who thinks that powerboatsonly was not the best idea. Or atleast not presented very good. I mean "if your boat is too slow go to powerboatsonly.com" kind of makes me feel not very welcome. IMO you (OSO) should stop trying to promote a different site even if it is owned by the same person because I haven't heard one good thing about it. Unless your just trying to get some income out of it and then sell it off.
I appreciate your 2 cents, powerboatsonly was put together for all the people that have told me recently that they don't feel comfortable posting on OSO because their boat is not fast enough or does not cost 250k-1 million dollars.

If I add more sections to OSO for all the people that wish they had a section then I bet you will say that the site has been dilluted.

So what kind of boat do you have?

I have a fast and a slow boat and I like the idea of the two different sites for the types of boats I have.

Personally I feel there is a huge void in interent forums from boatered to oso. It is a shame because non OSO type boats account for 99% of the boats I see on the water these days.

With that said at the request of some of my members I invite them to enjoy a site they may enjoy.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was there all night last friday. Working on some canvas thei afternoon and then splashing the boat if it's not raining by 5. I'll be there later , might have to run up the canal and see Garrys shushee machine! Call me if you are going and I'll be sure to come in and have a beer or 3 !
Old 06-01-2007, 01:59 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by hunster
Was there all night last friday. Working on some canvas thei afternoon and then splashing the boat if it's not raining by 5. I'll be there later , might have to run up the canal and see Garrys shushee machine! Call me if you are going and I'll be sure to come in and have a beer or 3 !
Yeah Sak! Even I saw Hunster at the marina last Friday, Jodie and I just got back from a (eh hemmmmm) BOAT RIDE..... Hunster invited us for a beer but I was getting eaten alive by the no-see-um's.

I was there on Saturday for (eh hemmm) another BOAT RIDE...

Also went down there yesterday for lunch and today for lunch and maybe even again tonight...but definitely tomorrow...
Old 06-01-2007, 03:28 PM
Registered

You should be banished too I heard you were sellin the resin bucket for diaper money.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:40 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Originally Posted by sakoutis3
You should be banished too I heard you were sellin the resin bucket for diaper money.
I'll probably be able to send our unborn child to college before you finish the condo..
Old 06-01-2007, 03:42 PM
Registered

If I keep changin chit he'll probably graduatebefore its done.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:45 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Originally Posted by sakoutis3
If I keep changin chit he'll probably graduatebefore its done.
Dude, you shoulda went with the standard Crayola box and not the 64 color.....

Stop pickin new colors out of the crayola box and git er done!
Old 06-01-2007, 04:46 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by OSO
I appreciate your 2 cents, powerboatsonly was put together for all the people that have told me recently that they don't feel comfortable posting on OSO because their boat is not fast enough or does not cost 250k-1 million dollars.

If I add more sections to OSO for all the people that wish they had a section then I bet you will say that the site has been dilluted.

I have a fast and a slow boat and I like the idea of the two different sites for the types of boats I have.

Personally I feel there is a huge void in interent forums from boatered to oso. It is a shame because non OSO type boats account for 99% of the boats I see on the water these days.

With that said at the request of some of my members I invite them to enjoy a site they may enjoy.
Actually I just sold my 24 Python with the hopes of buying a 28 pantera locally but it turned out to be in bad shape. That was a good boat and I shouldn't of sold it - but live and learn. So now I am just cruising around in my folks 24 sea ray for the summer. So I guess I had a fast and a slow boat too.

I didn't realize that so many people felt that uncomfortable being on the site with a not so fast boat and I respect you for trying to meet all the needs of your readers and/or posters. I remember one of my first post some guy made fun of me for not having a $100K+ boat, but I'm pretty good about saying whats on my mind so I don't feel uncomfortable. I still get put in my place from time to time and I usually take that for the better.

I thought that powerboatsonly was a good idea I just don't think it was presented very well. Maybe if you presented it as more of a recreational pleasure boating website instead of a your boats too slow website it might have more appeal to current subscribers.

Last - you website is the chit it has come from nothing to everything in a short time. I can learn almost anything I ever wanted to know about fast boats here and I thankyou for doing a good job with it.

Last edited by TexomaPowerboater; 06-01-2007 at 05:01 PM. Reason: different choice of words
Old 06-01-2007, 05:44 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by OSO

I think it's great to have the other site as well as this one.
To answer the question "So what kind of boat do you have?"
I've been boatless since the time I became a paying member of this site. I was only "registered" before I got rid of my boat, this site was still relatively in it's infancy, and I joined to live vicariously through you guys that are still on the water. If the boat was in the water, and I wasn't at work, I was on the boat - Didn't have much time on the computer those days, pre-wireless laptop.
I've talked to other people that are members or maybe just registered here, and yes, some have made comments that they don't post much because they don't feel that their boat / speeds / value of boat... compares to some of the people on the board.
IMO, they are taking a little ribbing a little to seriously if someone told them that their resin bucket was too slow.
I kinda like some of the ball-bustin' that goes on - it's all in good fun - "Lighten up, Francis"
If they feel more comfortable on PBO, I'm glad. There's a lot of good info to be shared on both boards - I've learned more than I thought there was to know about offshore boats here, and I know I've only scratched the surface of what is available.

But STEVE, why is it that when I log into PBO certain areas are restricted??? I thought you'd said in the early days of PBO that everyone who registered there was a "Charter Member"???
So, can you let me into the "Bilge/UC" area??
And, what happened to the post count I had accumulated over there??
And, I want that damn "Charter Member" title under my screen name - not "registered"!!!

Last edited by bouyhunter; 06-01-2007 at 05:49 PM.
Old 06-02-2007, 10:30 AM
OSO
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Texas,

The comment about OSO being too fast I thought was a good name for the thread so people would click on it. Perhaps the perception is off and thank you for bringing that to my attention.

bouy,

the only restricted area on PBO is the uncensored, if you request we can give access to it.

PBO is designed to not have a membership so it is difficult to keep under age people from entering the uncensored.

As far as post count pm me what the problem is and I will take a look at it.

Quick Reply: I'm banished to powerboatsonly.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.