Notices

Gold Digger latest???

Old 06-14-2007, 07:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tomcat
New power in a known hull is a challenge. Known power in a new hull is a challenge. New power in a new hull is a major challenge. Take all the time you want and good luck.
I agree well said. Alot of the comments toward this project that are negative have to be coming from individuals who just walk in the showroom floor and only see performance boats being waxed. I would say no racing or knowledge of what it takes to dial in a boat for high speed, handling and more. You do not hear about all of the time and engineering that goes into a new car being developed. Do you think they get there just by luck? Do you think the merc 850sci was just dropped in boats with no issues? No, you just did not hear about them until they were released when everything was worked out.
The problem is people get excited and want to start talking. One should never say to much until they are absolutely ready to go, such as Callan Marine. I love these projects and they excite me because I know what it takes and you can guarantee Outerlimits will get her dialed. There is a few other projects out there that will blow some doors off that one will never know until they blow on by.
Thanks, Cam-shaft.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:55 PM
Registered

i thank we all have been seting on the edge of our seats waiting to hear big numbers from this boat and i know it will prove itself soon. I got to see the boat this weekend at Bill's and it is a work of art some of the finest rigging i have ever seen. When you take a pinch head chevy motor and get to to power levels that they are making there is a lot of things that rear there ugly heads that you would never see in a motor making 1200 or even 1500 hp.Once these things are worked out this boat is going to turn some heads.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:53 PM
Registered

Its real easy to spend someone elses money with opinions!!!
Looked to me like Bill was doing what he wanted to do and was having fun doing it.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bjlesl
I'd row any Outerlimits before I drove a Fountain anyway.
I can't even afford to row an outerlimits...
Old 06-15-2007, 06:19 AM
Registered

I started this thread because I havn't heard much about this boat in a while. And I'm anxouse as hell to here good news.

Also a little bit sceptic in the delivery date of my Uncles.......
Old 06-15-2007, 06:58 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Question

Did anyone catch the NY News this morning?

Channel 11 News "NPBA NY POKER RUN"

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 06-15-2007, 09:57 AM
Registered

I'm sorry, I must have missed something. Whose timetable is Gold Digger supposed to be on?

Beyond those of the owner and the builder, does anyone's "schedule" for this boat to run really matter?
Old 06-15-2007, 10:56 AM
Registered

Bottom line my hat goes off to both the owner and everyone who is working on this project. It is an awsome Boat and one to be very proud of. Most people on this board have no idea what it takes to accomplish what has already been done to this point. I read this board every day looking for the latest news on this boat. That's whats good about OSO, its a great place to read and learn from alot of very smart people. OSO thank you.
Old 06-15-2007, 11:04 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exactly. There are a very dedicated group of guys that worked very hard to get this boat done, and they have been dealt a little misfortune, but they are eager to get this boat dialed in. Look for Golddigger in New York this afternoon, alot of work went into getting her there.
Old 06-15-2007, 11:08 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by animalhouse
Exactly. There are a very dedicated group of guys that worked very hard to get this boat done, and they have been dealt a little misfortune, but they are eager to get this boat dialed in. Look for Golddigger in New York this afternoon, alot of work went into getting her there.
Cool, can't wait to see some pics.
Dean

Quick Reply: Gold Digger latest???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.