Notices

Gauge advice

Old 06-01-2007, 09:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gauge advice

I'm currently building a custom dash for my ZX. I will be going to the 2 5/8" gauges, & 5" tach. I am looking at both the Gaffrig carbon series, & the Autometer carbon series. From my streetrodding past, I am prone to go Autometer, but I know that Gaffrig is quite common in boats. I currently have Gaffrig, & have no problems with any of them, just looking to get a "custom" appearance to the Donzi. So, I suppose I'm looking for a little input from folks on which direction I should go & get reliability from it.
A separate dilema, I'm considering flush mounting my Lowrance GPS in the new dash, similar to the ZR, but I won't have room for a speedo. I really only use the GPS for speed & depth. Should I just look for a different spot for the Lowrance & go with a GPS speedo, or go with the flush mount?
Old 06-01-2007, 09:58 AM
Registered

check out the livorsi line of gauges,lots of colors and styles to chose from.we also can get custom carbon fiber dashs built for any application.give us a call if you have any ?'s
800-376-1616 or 954-237-0332 dana or art
livorsi.com
dolleroffshore.com
Old 06-01-2007, 10:31 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

can you get orange carbon fiber panals?
Old 06-01-2007, 11:31 AM

Keep in mind that if your current 1999 boat has Gaffrig gauges, that they are now sold as Livorsi. Gaffrig is a seperate different Company. Also, Autometer makes a lot of the gauges for both Companies, built to the specs that they want.

Both Livorsi and Gaffrig have good gauges. I like the Gaffrig's better, and I think that they have some better points than the Livorsi's. Call Fred at Trick Marine, and ask him to tell you what the differences are.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:58 AM
Registered

What Duke said! A M makes private label for gaffrig . Bet thats why it took so long for them to decide to make auto meter brand marine. Didn't want to cut their head of.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:09 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Livorsi guages are what we use in most of our panels. Some Auto Meter but you can't get as "custom" as you may want with the limited choices from AM. We've got great pricing on Livorsi guages and better pricing for complete panels. We can do any configuration or color combination you want.

Fionn
Old 06-01-2007, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Lofty
Livorsi guages are what we use in most of our panels. Some Auto Meter but you can't get as "custom" as you may want with the limited choices from AM. We've got great pricing on Livorsi guages and better pricing for complete panels. We can do any configuration or color combination you want.

Fionn
Thanks for the input, do you have a web site with a listing of what you offer? I went on the Lovorsi site, I do like the many combinations they seem to offer, I would like to look a bit more into them.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Lofty

Fionn
Found your web page...I didn't see any of the "monster" gauges available, are you able to get them? I'm looking for the 2 5/8", water temp, oil press, amp, fuel level, all electriacal, in the carbon face, not sure of what rim color yet, but I do want to use the red anodized bezel. Also, will I be able to use the exisiting senders?
Old 06-01-2007, 04:04 PM
Registered

Hey Rick are you going to sell the gauges you have now? If so I am interested. Shoot me an email @ [email protected].
Thanks,
Chuck
Old 06-01-2007, 04:37 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You can check out our website here for guages. We offer more stuff than you'll see on the site, there are just too many color combinations to put them all up. Here are some panels that we've done. Yep, lots of Fountains!
I recommend changing your sending units, they may work they may not. Easier to just go ahead and change them.
Attached Thumbnails Gauge advice-tn_evil_power_22.jpg   Gauge advice-tn_frisco_cat_2.jpg   Gauge advice-tn_lucaspanel.jpg  

Quick Reply: Gauge advice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.