Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Need your help finding a missing teen >

Need your help finding a missing teen

Notices

Need your help finding a missing teen

Old 06-06-2007, 03:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a shame, she was a pretty girl. I hope they catch the bastard.
Old 06-06-2007, 03:11 PM
Registered

says they have I.D.'d the suspect who lives 2 miles from where body was found, which is 20 miles from the Target store. He will face death penalty in Kansas as state lines were crossed. I don't think he is in custody yet.
Old 06-06-2007, 03:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm f-ing sick of all these crimes against kids. They should make an example of who ever did this.
Old 06-06-2007, 03:13 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by wipeout
Bad news! They found her body a while ago. Hope they catch the guy soon. Pray for the family.
Unbelievable. So sad. My condolences.
I hope they catch the basturd!

---------------------

Report: Missing Kansas Teen Found Dead
CBS News Interactive: Out Of Sight: Missing Kids

(CBS News) OVERLAND PARK, Kan. CBS station KCTV-TV in Kansas City, Mo., is reporting that searchers have found the body of missing 18-year-old Kelsey Smith, according to an official an Overland Park, Kan., woman's church.

The executive director of the Hillcrest Church told a KCTV-TV that Overland Park Police Capt. Thomas Fredrickson notified him police were telling Smith's parents that they had located her body.

The Associated Press is also reporting that police found a body Wednesday in the area where they have been looking for a missing teenager, according to media reports.

Police had been searching in the Grandview area after tracing signals from Smith's cell phone.

A young, goateed man videotaped leaving a Target store moments before the apparent abduction of an 18-year-old woman from the adjoining parking lot is being sought for questioning, investigators said.

Experts had been analyzing signals from the Kelsey Smith's cell phone on Saturday night after she was abducted. A police spokesman estimated the signals - "pings" - sounded about 15 miles from the store.

He said the signals show that her phone passed through certain sites along a route that led to an area around a park south of Kansas City, Mo. The last signal was recorded at about 8 p.m. Saturday. The signals are believed to be Kelsey's family trying to reach her.

The man in the surveillance tape had not been identified as of Wednesday morning and was not being called a suspect, but he might have information about the disappearance of Smith, Overland Park Police Chief John Douglas said.

Her parents say no one in the immediate family recognizes him.

The video shows a mid-1970s Chevy pickup parking near Smith's car just seconds after she had pulled in and entered a Kansas City-area Target store, reports CBS News correspondent Cynthia Bowers.

Roughly 10 minutes later, Smith returned to the parking lot. This video seems to show someone shoving the 18-year-old into her car.

Smith, who graduated from high school less than two weeks ago, left the store around 7:10 p.m. and put packages into her car when someone ran toward her, police said.

"You see two individuals come together, and there is no separation of those two individuals," Douglas said. "So it is easy to conclude there was some kind of incident at the back of the car. Then the car leaves."

But the tape was "just not detailed enough" and was being enhanced at a forensics lab, Douglas said.

"We see activity," Douglas said of the videotape. "We are moving on the assumption - because the prudent thing to do is to treat this as an abduction - that there was some kind of force involved."

More than 50 detectives and officers from the area and the FBI were involved in the case, he said.

About two hours after Smith disappeared, her grandparents found her gray 1987 Buick in a parking lot at a mall in suburban Kansas City with her purse and packages still inside. Her cell-phone and ATM card were not, reports Bowers.

The Smith family has increased the reward for information about Kelsey's disappearance to $30,000. Greg Smith, who has been in law enforcement for 16 years, described his daughter as an outgoing young woman who plans to be a veterinarian.

"At least once or twice a day, you have your breakdown where you just have to go somewhere and let everything out. Then you pull yourself back together and remember we're trying - we're going to get Kelsey back, we're going to find her," Greg Smith said on CBS News' The Early Show.

Hundreds of people spent long hours searching for her, passing out flyers, going door to door, and using the Internet.

"From her friends to people we don't know, church groups, the Red Cross was out there. Many restaurants are donating food for the volunteers that are out there. It's been absolutely amazing how much people are out helping us," her mother Missey told Early Show co-anchor Julie Chen.

But Kelsey Smith's 23-year-old sister, Stevie Hockersmith, said she was sure her sister did not know the man police were seeking.

Wherever Kelsey was, Hockersmith said, she felt sure her sister put up a fight.

"He doesn't know what he's in for," she said. "Honestly, she'll raise all hell, and she won't stop. Kelsey won't stop until her body makes her stop basically, until she just can't go on anymore."

(© 2007 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report. )
Old 06-06-2007, 03:13 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

terrible what the phuq is wrong with people.............
Old 06-06-2007, 03:33 PM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

String this fugger up!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-06-2007, 03:35 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Sick sob , I just don't get it! Prayers for the family.
Old 06-06-2007, 03:43 PM
Registered

So very sad.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:05 PM
Registered

extremely sad.
There are too many crazed phucks out there.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:00 PM
Registered

i just saw the report on msn.com about the body found my prayers are with family that it is not her

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.