Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
push button start switch, cant find any! >

push button start switch, cant find any!

Notices

push button start switch, cant find any!

Old 06-05-2007, 10:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, but imagine the surprises when it fires up "all by itself"...
Old 06-05-2007, 10:43 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by handfulz28
Ebay is your friend...
http://cgi.ebay.com/GENUINE-S2000-ST...QQcmdZViewItem

How about a remote start kit? Anybody got one of those for their boat? Use an accessory channel to fire up the blowers beforehand...
No way I would want to risk a way the boat could start and something being wrong with the neutral safety/start switch. Bye bye boat and/or hello accident.

Years ago, my buddy bought a used 5.0 Mustang with a totally loaded alarm system. The keyfob was the size of a pager. He could start the car, roll down/up the windows, raise/lower the convertible top etc. etc.

Several of us were walking out to the parking lot, and he said "watch this." Mind you, the car was a 5 speed. (The in gear safety-clutch-start switch had been bypassed.)

He started the car, and he had left it in gear. It took off across the parking lot, and rammed into another car broadside.... it gets better:

The doors were automatically locked by the alarm since the car was in motion as an anti-carjacking device. He had to run along side the car, and try and get the door key in the door to manually unlock the door-- which now equals several 8 inch long scratches down the side of the car... it gets BETTER.

The Mustang smacks the parked car, and when it comes to a stop the engine dies. The remote start is programed to RESTART the car as if it dies during a cold start. The Mustang starts up again, and starts inch-ramming the car it hit, across the parking lot... boom-boom-boom-boom-boom.

The whole thing took place over about 30 seconds, but it was a portion of my life I will NEVER forget. The 4 of us that witnessed the event were literally rolling on the ground peeing ourselves out of laughter.

Oh yeah, this took base on a military base too. Imagine explaining THAT to the MPs.

Being 19 was great.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 06-05-2007 at 10:46 PM.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:58 PM
Registered

Years ago, my buddy bought a used 5.0 Mustang with a totally loaded alarm system <--QUOTE

omg , i'm just thinkin about that and rolling , i wish i coulda seen that , i always hated the 5.0L crowd with a passion

too freakin funny
Old 06-05-2007, 11:08 PM
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

bwahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I have an AWSOME mental picture of the mustang just beating the crap out of the other car.. hahahahaaaaaaaa
Old 06-05-2007, 11:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ENFORCER24
Years ago, my buddy bought a used 5.0 Mustang with a totally loaded alarm system <--QUOTE

omg , i'm just thinkin about that and rolling , i wish i coulda seen that , i always hated the 5.0L crowd with a passion

too freakin funny
Now why be a hater? I was part of the 5.0 crowd, mostly carburated) for years and still hold a soft spot for the 4 eyed generation of Mustangs. I suppose Camaros are MUCH better!
Old 06-05-2007, 11:40 PM
Registered

Well at least the boat would be (hopefully) tied to a dock
But stories like that are why I don't trust aftermarket alarms/remote accys, etc.
Hilarious visual though

I suppose Camaros are MUCH better!
Um, yes...hence my username I had a '78 Z28 in highschool (late '80s) and a '94 that I eventually drove to a divisional championship in SCCA road racing. Those cars were so much fun...
Old 06-05-2007, 11:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by handfulz28
Well at least the boat would be (hopefully) tied to a dock
But stories like that are why I don't trust aftermarket alarms/remote accys, etc.
Hilarious visual though

Um, yes...hence my username I had a '78 Z28 in highschool (late '80s) and a '94 that I eventually drove to a divisional championship in SCCA road racing. Those cars were so much fun...
Chick cars.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:58 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisK
bwahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I have an AWSOME mental picture of the mustang just beating the crap out of the other car.. hahahahaaaaaaaa
Sorry to hijack the thread Waterboy

Damn if I can't remember what the Mustang hit, but it was like an older Olds Delta 88 or something. It was a big mother, and the Ford oval in the grill hit the car square in the B-pillar between the front and back door so perfectly that you could not have steered/aimed it such more accurately. It caved in both doors quite thoroughly. There was no real structural damage to the Mustang; just a lot of paint messed up. He put a bra over the damage and drove it that way for a long time.

We all had muscle cars at the time. This was an 88 Mustang. I had an 87 TA w/ 5.7, and there were a couple of late 88/89 IROCs in the group. We were all in the Air Force, and spent every last nickel on those cars. The IROCs and Mustangs were faster than my heavy TA, but I had a digital dash and massive stereo; so the chicks usually preferred mine.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 06-06-2007 at 09:16 AM.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:05 AM
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I was there with you.. I had a 1988 Iroc with a 5.7, T-tops, and only 30,000 miles on it when i sold it in 1998! was a NICE car to say the least..
Old 06-06-2007, 10:36 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 949 Likes on 478 Posts

Sydwayz, man you just brought back memories:

I used to install alarm/remote starts for local dealerships...anyway once my friends got wind ofcourse everyone and their mother wanted one!....So one of my best friends asks me to install one on his then brand new Acura Integra stick.....i told him that you cant do them on sticks (there were no bypass systems at the time) he said just disconnect the clutch sensor cause "He always leave is in neutral" as his famous last words were!!! so i say ok but i'm not responsible for anything that happens. Before i'm even done with the install the dummy decides to test his alarm with me in the car under the dash to play a joke on me.........car goes 3' forward and right into his dads tool box inside the garage!!! I should have ripped it right out then and there!!! But as youve said "it gets better"
He's out on a date with a new girl and takes her to a fancy place to eat.....wants to be cool and says "watch this" hit the remote and watches as his car (In gear of course) lunges across the larking lot and right into a big a$$ boulder!!! one ruined bumper and the look of disbelief = priceless.....but wait! It gets better!!!
Couple months later a bunch of us are at a bar chilling...time to leave and we are talking in the parking lot....one guy gets into his car and moves out of the parking spot...buddy's integra was parked in the spot right next to him....can you guess whats gonna happen? He hit the remote start and car starts going forward....right into the drivers door of the friend that just pulled out!!! We are all crying in laughter...the guy in the car has a stupid look on his face of "This did not just happen" and the guy who owns the integra is in a panic......well as you said if it dont start the first time she will try try again.....and she did!!! right down the side of the guys car and to finally rip off the front bumper cover of the car it hit!!!!! We were laughing so hard i literally had tears in my eyes from my stomach hurting!!! good times!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!

Quick Reply: push button start switch, cant find any!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.