Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I am sick and effing tired of this no lanyard BS. >

I am sick and effing tired of this no lanyard BS.

Notices

I am sick and effing tired of this no lanyard BS.

Old 06-08-2007, 09:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys, in one of the threads that Brian posted a link to, somebody mentions (complains) that his wet exhaust would cause reversion if the engine is cut off at high rpm. I have stock Merc exhaust and I've pulled mine out at between 3-4k rpm (yeah, more than once...at least they work!!!) with no apparent issues. Can high rpm shutdown cause a reversion issue? Me thinks BS since every time we fly the boat we're chopping the throttles back...
Old 06-11-2007, 08:22 AM
Registered

Sydwayz, you gave me an idea that I am working on as we speak. Get rid of the Lanyards and bring this with you.......Can set the range from 8"-8'
Attached Thumbnails I am sick and effing tired of this no lanyard BS.-proxkey1.jpg  

Last edited by dukenrock; 06-11-2007 at 08:40 AM.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:51 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I always wear mine and now Lesley want s me to put one on her side......All I have to say is it better match mine!!
Old 06-11-2007, 09:10 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I managed to remember to wear mine about half the time this weekend and killed the engines once accidentaly when I jumped across the boat to catch a rope while we were docking.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:18 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

Always wear mine and so does my co-pilot. You never know what is going to happen even on a calm day, that's why they call them "accidents".
Old 06-11-2007, 09:18 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by jmeng
I managed to remember to wear mine about half the time this weekend and killed the engines once accidentally when I jumped across the boat to catch a rope while we were docking.
That's a good start.

As soon as I come off plane, I take mine off; specifically for the reason you experienced. It will become automatic very soon.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:20 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jmeng
I managed to remember to wear mine about half the time this weekend and killed the engines once accidentaly when I jumped across the boat to catch a rope while we were docking.

At least you know it works (when you are wearing it)!
Old 06-11-2007, 09:34 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had just finished about an hour long run and had completely forgot I was wearing it. But yeah it definately works.

Hopefully my new one from overtons will come in before the weekend, the merc one is a little tough to get on and off.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by handfulz28
Guys, in one of the threads that Brian posted a link to, somebody mentions (complains) that his wet exhaust would cause reversion if the engine is cut off at high rpm. I have stock Merc exhaust and I've pulled mine out at between 3-4k rpm (yeah, more than once...at least they work!!!) with no apparent issues. Can high rpm shutdown cause a reversion issue? Me thinks BS since every time we fly the boat we're chopping the throttles back...
Why even care. The accident this last Saturday on Lake Travis is another example of why to wear one. One little girl is now dead. Most likely it would not have saved her life but a number of people put there life's on the line trying to rescue the people in the water and shut the boat down while it was still going in circles.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Turbojack
Why even care. The accident this last Saturday on Lake Travis is another example of why to wear one. One little girl is now dead. Most likely it would not have saved her life but a number of people put there life's on the line trying to rescue the people in the water and shut the boat down while it was still going in circles.

Exactly, lucky no-one else was injured.
On a sad note as well I was in a smaller poker run this past weekend and of the 40 boats involved I'm pretty sure we were the only crew wearing life vest.

Quick Reply: I am sick and effing tired of this no lanyard BS.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.