Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Do you help other boaters? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/160738-do-you-help-other-boaters.html)

fountain4play 06-13-2007 01:47 PM

all the time...yea never know when it might be you that needs some assistance...heck i've even stopped while going WOT when i noticed a jetskier having problems getting back to their ski...if it doesn't look right i always slow down and offer to help out...

Gizmo 06-13-2007 02:01 PM

Yep, many times......

Last year at Buggs Island lake, a guy dropped his boat off the trailer on the ramp. Helped him!

Last year on our Poker Run, one of the guys from Lake Norman broke something in his motor (rocker arm, I beleive). Towed him in.

Two years ago, I was zipping down the "Riva" and happened on a capsized boat with three people hanging on to it. Put them on my boat a called for help.

You just never know when you may need a helping hand.......:D

ktron 06-13-2007 02:08 PM

I always help

deanpp 06-13-2007 02:27 PM

We Always help someone who needs it. The Boating community is made up of the Finest peolpe. They are always helping and waving to each other. I think thats why we enjoy it so much.

cbeastwood 06-13-2007 03:01 PM

Always - what goes around comes around. The only person I didn't help was the guy who cut in front of me at the ramp a few years ago, and proceeded to launch his boat, handing his wife standing on the dock the line, while forgetting to tie the line to the boat. I just stood there with everybody else watching the boat float down-river.

One thing I have noticed is that in general the only people who won't help you do anything is guys in fishing boats. I'm not talking CC's; I'm talking little 16' fishing boats. They all seem to think that the lake belongs to them...

f311fr1 06-13-2007 04:17 PM

Yes, I will stop and help any time. Others have done the same for me.

INSTIGATOR ICBM 06-13-2007 04:22 PM

I agree helping people = good Karma. Last year during a poker run one of my customers got ejected from his boat we pulled up a few minutes later tpwed his skater back top the dock and rushed him and his son to the dock for medical attention. Once he was out of the hospital he called and thanked me. I told him any time,not only are you a good customer/ friend but you were a fellow boater in need.

88formula223 06-13-2007 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by cbeastwood (Post 2161732)
Always - what goes around comes around. The only person I didn't help was the guy who cut in front of me at the ramp a few years ago, and proceeded to launch his boat, handing his wife standing on the dock the line, while forgetting to tie the line to the boat. I just stood there with everybody else watching the boat float down-river.

One thing I have noticed is that in general the only people who won't help you do anything is guys in fishing boats. I'm not talking CC's; I'm talking little 16' fishing boats. They all seem to think that the lake belongs to them...

Agree

everyone in a sparkly fishing boat thinks the lake belongs to them and they don't have to follow the rules. At the lake I'm always at they think the no wake zone is a suggestion fuks

bouyhunter 06-13-2007 05:40 PM

I always simply thought this was just a rule of the water.
No matter what kind of boat you're required to help. Maybe not legally (but maybe).
I think it's Maritime law.
At least that's the way I've always looked at it.

Steve Zuckerman 06-13-2007 05:48 PM

I towed a friend in recently who had blown his mota:( , I told him "I feel your pain brother, I've been on both ends of this rope". Thanks to the guys that pulled me when I was on the other end:cool: ...........yea, we have to help each other out:D .
Steve