Notices

people hurt on boats

Old 06-18-2007, 09:39 PM
Registered

Received 64 Likes on 26 Posts
Default people hurt on boats

everyone always talks about high speed boat wrecks and people getting hurt, how about a 16 MPH top speed 54' boat while it is in the dock not running doing this to someone.

It is all about chance.

she slipped and fell on the ladder, belive it or not she never cried or screamed or anything just said it hurt real bad, just stood there and waited for the ambulance.

all you manly men think about that next time you get hurt she was only 13 .
Attached Thumbnails people hurt on boats-matt-daughter.jpg  
Old 06-18-2007, 10:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Poor thing. I hope she is on the mend.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope that is not Mac's daughter.

More people get hurt/drown doing dumb stuff/accidents around water than will ever be hurt riding on an offshore.
I could have been dead from one of my dumb moves. We were by Put In Bay and I stayed out partying. Ian was fast asleep in the cabin. I tried to climb on board but with the big bumpers the boat was not that close to the dock, so it was a bit of a stretch. I missed and got wedged in between the boat and the dock. I was hanging by my fingertips yelling I"M OVER. Lucky for me several slips over people were still partying on their cruiser and heard me, two guys pulled me out, but i was wedged in good and it was not easy, I had huge bruises and scrapes on my back, but at least I was safe. I thought it was funny at the time, but if no one was on the docks and if I had one or two more who knows what the out come would have been. Boats no matter what type, running or not they can all be a danger.

Of course some of you might remember the thread about my 78 year old dad, he fell head first into the engine compartment trying to change the spark plugs. He was stuck for close two hours before some one heard him. They could not get him out without taking some parts off the engine. He wound up in the hospital for a week. Yes boating is dangerous, be careful.

I hope that poor girl will be OK, that is one big gash

Last edited by Ms PatriYacht; 06-18-2007 at 10:35 PM.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:33 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

You know this stuff happens all the time. This is going to be a good thread. Be carefull everyone.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:01 AM
Registered

I'll throw myself under the bus. About a month ago, I jumped off the tounge of my trailer after unhooking the bow strap. I was wearing flip flops and the ramp has big corrigations in it. I bit it and rolled my ankle badly. Nothing broken, just an NBA quality high ankle sprain (The purple is bruising not dirt). And yes, I still went out.

So who else?
Attached Thumbnails people hurt on boats-foot-3-29-07.jpg   people hurt on boats-foot2.jpg  
Old 06-19-2007, 12:15 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Jammin' on the James Poker Run, 2005. I was stepping off of my boat after the run; JUST cracking open my first beer. I slipped and went down between the boat and the dock, all the way under in the salt water harbor of Hampton, VA. I got a nice gash on my leg.

Within a few minutes, I was on my way to the hospital via ambulance and got stitched up in time to make the evening party. The harbormaster was a retired EMT, and had me ready to go when the 'bolance got there. I had duct tape in the boat, but I refused to bleed on my boat, and no one would go get it for me.

Many thanks again to BillR and Aggressor 25 for plucking my ass out of the water.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:39 AM
Registered

I lost a pinky toe last year. And, the engines were off!
Old 06-19-2007, 07:37 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Clay Washington
I lost a pinky toe last year. And, the engines were off!

which one of 'em did you lose it in?
Old 06-19-2007, 07:44 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there was this time we pulled into a resturant dock bow first, Ian was cross tying the back and some how he fell off the swim platform, barely missing the props, but into the yucky water with everyone sitting on the deck watching

He also had a flip flop incident at the dock when we were getting ready to pull the boat, lots of large bruisers and scrapes all over his legs. Now it's strickly tennis shoes for him.

Another time I was standing in the cockpit waiting for him to pull up the anchor and hand it to me to put it away. We had a storage compartment in the floor of our old scarab and he had just said to me be careful the floor hatch is open. So being blond I grab the anchor, and proceed to step back right into the open hatch. I fall down and the anchor swings into the cabin hatch and puts a huge hole in it

We have been boating together about 18 years and have sure had our share of mishaps, I am glad we are not the only bozos out there
Old 06-19-2007, 07:51 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Too many stories to tell!!!! Hoghead, got any pictures of our "poor man's Liposuction" to post?

Quick Reply: people hurt on boats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.