Like Tree0Likes

Been Towed??? How far was it??

Reply
Old 06-20-2007, 03:58 PM
  #21
Registered
 
Chris288's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: NY
My Boats: 2005 288 SUNSATION
Posts: 4,124
Default

My wife got towed by sea-tow, they charged her 100.00 per hour from the time they left their dock, 15 miles, 6 hours and 700.00 later... she was back in her slip.. They towed her 21 foot formula at about 3 mph.....
Chris288 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 06:12 PM
  #22
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Grand Lake, OK
My Boats: 1993 JS 550sx
Posts: 357
Default

Did that happen up in Horse Creek? That is $h!tty. The GRDA doesn't give sobriety tests that often you must have been to the bottom of that 12 pack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satisfactionII View Post
6 years ago the engine died at the north end of the lake about 3 in the afternoon. I couldn't figure it out and the cell phone wouldn't get a signal. I tried to flag down everyone that passed by and no one stopped to help. I had a cold 12-pack and commenced to drink and drift towards shore. It was after dark when the lake patrol showed up around 9m and gave me a tow of about 3/4 a mile to a really crappy marina, Southwinds. When we got there the owner of the marina said I had to put fuel in the boat since I didn't slip there, he charged me a $50 service charge while his illegal mexican pumped the fuel. When he was done the lake patrol then had me do a sobriety test on a wet and steep boat ramp, called me a Public intox case and took me to jail. The next day when I got back the marina owner wanted another $50 for letting keep my boat there over night. Paid the clown and found out that a fuse had blown in the ignition circuit. Never ever went back to that part of the lake.
NickOTeen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 06:16 PM
  #23
Registered
 
bouyhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Apache Jct. AZ
My Boats: 24' Pantera
Posts: 5,646
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by satisfactionII View Post
6 years ago the engine died at the north end of the lake about 3 in the afternoon. I couldn't figure it out and the cell phone wouldn't get a signal. I tried to flag down everyone that passed by and no one stopped to help. I had a cold 12-pack and commenced to drink and drift towards shore. It was after dark when the lake patrol showed up around 9m and gave me a tow of about 3/4 a mile to a really crappy marina, Southwinds. When we got there the owner of the marina said I had to put fuel in the boat since I didn't slip there, he charged me a $50 service charge while his illegal mexican pumped the fuel. When he was done the lake patrol then had me do a sobriety test on a wet and steep boat ramp, called me a Public intox case and took me to jail. The next day when I got back the marina owner wanted another $50 for letting keep my boat there over night. Paid the clown and found out that a fuse had blown in the ignition circuit. Never ever went back to that part of the lake.
Damn - what a hose down!!
Sounds like something that would happen to me.

I've never been towed, but ran outta gas.
I had just started dating someone (she's now my wife ) and we wanted to go down the river to a restaurant. I knew that fuel was low. Gas dock (1) between the Marina and restaurant had already closed for the evening (weeknight). Figured I could make it, but knew I was pushing it further than I cared too.
Ran out on the way back. Maybe 2 miles from the Marina.
Tossed the anchor, and called a buddy to bring me a can of gas.
Took an hour and a half.
We made good use of the time on the back bench - she was getting dressed under a blanket as he was pulling up with a big ole grin on his face.
bouyhunter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 08:35 PM
  #24
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member
 
Wobble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 2950'49.74"N 95 5'17.55"W.......TEXAS
My Boats: SeaDoo RXP & RXP-X, Stryker Equalizer 28, Eliminator Daytona Jet
Posts: 6,709
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouyhunter View Post
Tossed the anchor, and called a buddy to bring me a can of gas.
Took an hour and a half.
We made good use of the time on the back bench - she was getting dressed under a blanket as he was pulling up with a big ole grin on his face.

What did you do for the other 80 minutes
Wobble is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 08:35 PM
  #25
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member
Trade Score: (1)
 
US1 Fountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Lafayette. IN
Posts: 10,872
Default

Got towed by US Tow Boats a few yrs ago on Erie after loosing a lower for exactly 2 miles for a mere $1800.
US1 Fountain is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:25 PM
  #26
Registered
 
bouyhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Apache Jct. AZ
My Boats: 24' Pantera
Posts: 5,646
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobble View Post
What did you do for the other 80 minutes
Tried to get it up again.
bouyhunter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 06:15 AM
  #27
Registered
 
chuck21401's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 513
Default

The engine in my old Formula 242LS hydrolocked a couple miles from port. Tow Boat/US pulled me home for $250. Glad I had the towing insurance.
Attached Thumbnails
Been Towed???  How far was it??-dsc00481.jpg  
chuck21401 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 08:49 AM
  #28
Registered
 
satisfactionII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: GLOC
My Boats: '96 Scarab
Posts: 2,236
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickOTeen View Post
Did that happen up in Horse Creek? That is $h!tty. The GRDA doesn't give sobriety tests that often you must have been to the bottom of that 12 pack.
Exactly. Horse Creek, Southwinds, and Jason Littlefield SUCK. There were two Lake Patrolmen. And older guy and ***** Jason Littlefield. I remember that Littlefield talked the older guy into letting him give me the sobriety test. I was no danger to myself or anyone else that night. A boat that wouldn't run, no access to any vehicle. I learned then that I will never call on the Lake Patrol for help unless there is someone dying in my boat, and I haven't been back to Horse Creek since. Oh yeah, the 12-pack was empty and it was Missouri beer.
satisfactionII is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 09:39 AM
  #29
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member
 
Wobble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 2950'49.74"N 95 5'17.55"W.......TEXAS
My Boats: SeaDoo RXP & RXP-X, Stryker Equalizer 28, Eliminator Daytona Jet
Posts: 6,709
Default

Boatus membership offers unlimited towing for 120 a year. When I hear the cost of getting towed a few miles it makes for cheap insurance, though I have yet to use it.

Last edited by Wobble; 06-21-2007 at 09:43 AM. Reason: spelling
Wobble is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 09:57 AM
  #30
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Grand Lake, OK
My Boats: 1993 JS 550sx
Posts: 357
Default

I've had my own problems with him. I'm not sure how that BAJA manages to stay on plane carrying his ego around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satisfactionII View Post
Exactly. Horse Creek, Southwinds, and Jason Littlefield SUCK. There were two Lake Patrolmen. And older guy and ***** Jason Littlefield. I remember that Littlefield talked the older guy into letting him give me the sobriety test. I was no danger to myself or anyone else that night. A boat that wouldn't run, no access to any vehicle. I learned then that I will never call on the Lake Patrol for help unless there is someone dying in my boat, and I haven't been back to Horse Creek since. Oh yeah, the 12-pack was empty and it was Missouri beer.
NickOTeen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
georges
General Boating Discussion
12
12-29-2003 09:09 PM
Biggus
General Boating Discussion
0
09-27-2003 09:59 AM
Biggus
General Boating Discussion
14
08-27-2003 03:28 PM
Jassman
General Boating Discussion
1
08-20-2003 07:10 AM
Scooter
General Boating Discussion
0
07-15-2003 02:42 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:13 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.