Like Tree0Likes

Performance center consoles?

Reply
Old 07-03-2007, 03:57 PM
  #101
Banned
 
cuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Deland, Florida
Posts: 25,191
Default

Jay's a good guy. He belonged to the same boat club as we did when we lived in Pinellas County. It's a shame what happened with the Cat problem, believe me, he took it very hard.

Here he is at a poker run in Sarasota, watching Maximus (yes the Miss Geico driver) change props on his 36 Spectre. The second pic is of Jay driving one of his own 36's, which I believe he sold to another club member the next week.
Attached Thumbnails
Performance center consoles?-1.jpg   Performance center consoles?-2.jpg  
cuda is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 07:03 PM
  #102
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
DRIVEN1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Apollo Beach, FL.
My Boats: 2005 Fountain 47 Lightning is gone.
Posts: 662
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylandmark View Post


I keep telling them to put me on the payroll as a PR guy but no such luck so far. My bid for some more free t-shirts hasn't even panned out..

My Concept- LOVE IT!! I did a 190 mile trip this past weekend and it was AWESOME! It did get a little hairy in 4 footers but in all honestly it is still only a 32'6 boat (with swim platform) with an 8 foot beam- it is going to get hairy some times. After my tour of the factory- I had no fear knowing she would stand up to whatever I tossed at her, it was the GF that made me slow down..
That is a nice long cruise, I hear ya about the GF yelling to slow down.
DRIVEN1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 07:06 PM
  #103
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
DRIVEN1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Apollo Beach, FL.
My Boats: 2005 Fountain 47 Lightning is gone.
Posts: 662
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylandmark View Post
Lazy today and on cell-net; what's the story behind that?
I assume he is talking about Parker's death in the 36.
DRIVEN1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 07:10 PM
  #104
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
DRIVEN1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Apollo Beach, FL.
My Boats: 2005 Fountain 47 Lightning is gone.
Posts: 662
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuda View Post
Jay's a good guy. He belonged to the same boat club as we did when we lived in Pinellas County. It's a shame what happened with the Cat problem, believe me, he took it very hard.

Here he is at a poker run in Sarasota, watching Maximus (yes the Miss Geico driver) change props on his 36 Spectre. The second pic is of Jay driving one of his own 36's, which I believe he sold to another club member the next week.
He is great guy, I first met him at shell island in 1997 when I had my gas powered blender going with nice frozen drinks. I ended up selling him a gas powered blender. (my buddy was one of the first people to build them). I would love to build a 36 with big power but I can not insure it here in Florida, so I am going to go back to a center console. He is has been great to deal with optioning the boat out and can not wait to get it built.
DRIVEN1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 07:52 PM
  #105
Registered
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tampabay Florida
My Boats: Renegade 29
Posts: 1,014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeverMike View Post
Hey Mark...don't feel bad because I was the 1st here on OSO to have a performance styled CC and it was a Concept and I started all the talk about them here on OSO back in 2002. I also started the Concept forum and moderated it for a year.

I never got a free t-shirt for any of that, not a thank you or anything and actually quite the opposite.

See the thing about it is Concept knows that weather you or I or anyone talks about Concept or not good or bad they will still sell plenty of boats so it does not really matter like we like to think it does.
Hey Mike,
I remember all the crap! That's part of the reason I don't bother to get involved. I prefer to be a lurker & do my best to avoid drama & I got a Thank you & Tee shirts from the Manuf. of my CC. Some people just do business differently I guess.
Johno is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 08:00 PM
  #106
Who Me?
Platinum Member
 
FeverMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Tampa
My Boats: 2006 38TE Fountain
Posts: 6,656
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck54 View Post
Here is a picture of a new 39 Midnight Express that Joe Crook just sent me.
Very pretty! Sweet sweet sweet looking boat!
FeverMike is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 08:04 PM
  #107
Who Me?
Platinum Member
 
FeverMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Tampa
My Boats: 2006 38TE Fountain
Posts: 6,656
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassman View Post
I disagree with whether they dont care about what is said on OSO. OSO has a bigger persuasion then you might think.
I think OSO has persuasion...I know for a fact it does as i've been persuaded and done some persuasion myself. However I just know what I was told...
FeverMike is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 08:10 PM
  #108
Banned
 
cuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Deland, Florida
Posts: 25,191
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno View Post
Hey Mike,
I remember all the crap! That's part of the reason I don't bother to get involved. I prefer to be a lurker & do my best to avoid drama & I got a Thank you & Tee shirts from the Manuf. of my CC. Some people just do business differently I guess.
Don't you have a collar bone or something to go break. Besides, you just lurk because that one finger typing you do takes forever!
cuda is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 08:11 PM
  #109
Banned
 
cuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Deland, Florida
Posts: 25,191
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVEN1 View Post
I assume he is talking about Parker's death in the 36.
Yes, very unfortunate.
cuda is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 09:19 PM
  #110
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
DRIVEN1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Apollo Beach, FL.
My Boats: 2005 Fountain 47 Lightning is gone.
Posts: 662
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuda View Post
Yes, very unfortunate.
He was my mentor for ten years and helped me become who I am today. It is crazy that is has already been 3 1/2 years since his death. I can remember it like yesterday when he was building the boat and how excited he was about it.
DRIVEN1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
TeamSaris
General Boating Discussion
16
10-17-2006 01:14 AM
Jassman
General Boating Discussion
29
01-24-2006 07:06 AM
GregP
Scarab
8
03-02-2004 08:57 AM
Wardey
General Boating Discussion
38
08-02-2002 09:45 AM
J Berman
General Boating Discussion
8
01-17-2002 06:41 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:01 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.