Like Tree0Likes

Performance center consoles?

Reply
Old 06-30-2007, 02:57 PM
  #71
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
DRIVEN1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Apollo Beach, FL.
My Boats: 2005 Fountain 47 Lightning is gone.
Posts: 662
Default

[QUOTE=Kims;2183143]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricator View Post
Ummmmm............ it's 20 miles from the Atlantic, remember? QUOTE]

I know, I used to live in Ormond beach, and can't wait to get back to Fla somewhere..anywhere Fla would be good. When I do get back there just look for the all white scarab with all white triple engines...
What kind of speeds does it run? Where in Florida are you heading? I boat in the St. Pete/Clearwater/Sarasota area or in Tampa Bay.
DRIVEN1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 03:08 PM
  #72
Registered
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Tampa, Florida
My Boats: Scarab 34SS, triple OMC V8's
Posts: 393
Default

[QUOTE=DRIVEN1;2183153]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kims View Post

What kind of speeds does it run? Where in Florida are you heading? I boat in the St. Pete/Clearwater/Sarasota area or in Tampa Bay.
The goal speedwise is 70MPH this year and 80MPH next year. I bought the boat three years ago in Maryland as a wreck and have restored it myself and also added the third engine. The way it sits right now, I have my outer motors way too deep and is trying to get my hands on a couple 20" midsections. Since completion I have only taken it out a few times and 70 is very close to a reality. If I get enough $$$ buildt up for the next season I will have Monthy build my engines and hence approach speeds of Fountains "world record".. But with the gas consumption of those monsters it is hard to build up any extra $$$ for such a project.
With respect to where in Fla, I have no pereference, as long as it is close to water. Here in the desert we have lakes and rivers, but I can't tell you how much I miss saltwater.. As soon as this F^%$# airlines get their act together and stabilize, I will move down there. Both my wife and I are ready as can be!
Kims is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 03:13 PM
  #73
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
DRIVEN1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Apollo Beach, FL.
My Boats: 2005 Fountain 47 Lightning is gone.
Posts: 662
Default

[QUOTE=Kims;2183160]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVEN1 View Post

The goal speedwise is 70MPH this year and 80MPH next year. I bought the boat three years ago in Maryland as a wreck and have restored it myself and also added the third engine. The way it sits right now, I have my outer motors way too deep and is trying to get my hands on a couple 20" midsections. Since completion I have only taken it out a few times and 70 is very close to a reality. If I get enough $$$ buildt up for the next season I will have Monthy build my engines and hence approach speeds of Fountains "world record".. But with the gas consumption of those monsters it is hard to build up any extra $$$ for such a project.
With respect to where in Fla, I have no pereference, as long as it is close to water. Here in the desert we have lakes and rivers, but I can't tell you how much I miss saltwater.. As soon as this F^%$# airlines get their act together and stabilize, I will move down there. Both my wife and I are ready as can be!
Good luck with your quest to get to Florida if you are waiting for the airlines. My brother-in-law worked for Northwest and tried for ten years to get back to FLorida with them. He was rewarded by being laid off a couple years ago. He now works for Jetblue and is living in Orlando. There are a couple Southwest pilots in my development.
DRIVEN1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 06:36 PM
  #74
Banned
 
cuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Deland, Florida
Posts: 25,191
Default

[QUOTE=Kims;2183160]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVEN1 View Post

The goal speedwise is 70MPH this year and 80MPH next year.
You'd be better off in Vegas until next year, then you might have a chance.
cuda is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 07:23 PM
  #75
Registered
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: key west,fl
My Boats: 27 monza, eggbeaters, no seats
Posts: 1,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kims View Post
Ain't no water in DeLand, been there before!
are you forgetting about the withalacoochee river,used to be some fast azz airboats up there that would go by and scare the chit out of you ,and leads to the gulf
BOBCATMATHEWS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 08:10 PM
  #76
Banned
 
cuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Deland, Florida
Posts: 25,191
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBCATMATHEWS View Post
are you forgetting about the withalacoochee river,used to be some fast azz airboats up there that would go by and scare the chit out of you ,and leads to the gulf
The Withalacoochee River is about halfway across the state. The St John's is a half mile from my house. I live on a canal that leads to it.
cuda is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 10:00 PM
  #77
Who Me?
Platinum Member
 
FeverMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Tampa
My Boats: 2006 38TE Fountain
Posts: 6,656
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donzi38ZR View Post
First of all I dont think he'd be yapping those numbers out as a dealer of both those brands if they did not run what he says they run.. after all he's still going to be there when the customers come back from the run.

Secondly... Are you kidding? your comments are laughable at best....

1. a 36C running better in the rough than a 35 ZF...humm
Your saying a 5200lbs hull rides better in the rough Vs 8000 lb. Come on dude... that's a Potato chip to the ZF the fact they run about the same speed with the Donzi 3000lbs heavier should tell you something about the technology in the running surfaces.

2. You say, "Concept 36 and Donzi 35 ZF roll around at anchor or drift the same"
Who the heck gets a boat like these and worries about "roll around at anchor" or drift.... give me a break

3. Does your looking at a Donzi & Concept back in 2002.. 5 years ago really hold opinion weight to what they are today? not IMO....

Just to put it in perspective how long ago that was....I believe in 2002 Donzi came out with the 38 ZR Competition at which time your beloved Fountains did not see a championship until they bought the league years later and Donzi went racing overseas. LONG...LONG...time ago:

I stated my feelings of these 2 boats based on the lengthy test rides, many trips on a 35zf Donzi and owning a 36 Concept. If you do not agree that is fine and I could not care less but I based my opinions on facts. You believe everything a dealer says? Geesh...I was just questioning how he got those speed numbers.

The 2002-03 models of these 2 boats are exactly the same today in 2007 as they were then. Same hull same deck on both boats.

You might want to go and dump the piss out of your Corn Flakes and try milk with sugar...it's sweeter.
FeverMike is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 10:23 PM
  #78
Banned
 
cuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Deland, Florida
Posts: 25,191
Default

Now, now, lets keep the blows above the belt. We can agree to disagree without malice.
cuda is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 11:04 PM
  #79
Who Me?
Platinum Member
 
FeverMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Tampa
My Boats: 2006 38TE Fountain
Posts: 6,656
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuda View Post
Now, now, lets keep the blows above the belt. We can agree to disagree without malice.
Yeah Cuda that's what I thought! I posted my factual thoughts on the boats...not slamming them at all...but I get slammed and my currect boat (which I NEVER mentioned in my post) gets slammed...geesh! HA!
FeverMike is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 11:21 PM
  #80
Registered
Platinum Member
 
THEJOKER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Lake Lanier - N. Georgia
My Boats: Being a great husband and dad , boats , golf
Posts: 6,307
Default

Rambo
Attached Images
 
THEJOKER is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
TeamSaris
General Boating Discussion
16
10-17-2006 01:14 AM
Jassman
General Boating Discussion
29
01-24-2006 07:06 AM
GregP
Scarab
8
03-02-2004 08:57 AM
Wardey
General Boating Discussion
38
08-02-2002 09:45 AM
J Berman
General Boating Discussion
8
01-17-2002 06:41 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:04 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.