Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Fastest Skater gets a make over (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/161864-fastest-skater-gets-make-over.html)

Drift 06-26-2007 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Shore Thing (Post 2177038)
Drift,
someone put a lot of money into converting this boat, don't put them down for it. if you wanted to keep it "original" then maybe you should have ponied up the $$.

I'm not trying to put the new owner down. Is the boat still awesome? Yes... and you are right, if I had the $$$ would I have bought it. Unfortunately I don't, God knows I wish I did. That does not mean I can't and shouldn't have an opinion on it. That boat is a piece of Racing History.

Being a person that appreciates things for what they are, there was something very special about that boat the way it was. Like historic races at Monterey, it is fantastic to see pieces of Racing history preserved wether it be automotive, aeronautic like a P51 Mustang or Aquatic. I hope that the trends in both the automotive and aeronautic also start to filter into boating, we curently see it in wooden boats and river boats, why not offshore?

Not knowing the real $$$$ spent on converting a boat but considering the ammount of work that is visible, almost every aspect of the boat above the waterline has been changed. I was thinking that they could have just gone out and bought a purpose built Skater instead.

flight club 06-26-2007 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Drift (Post 2178194)
I'm not trying to put the new owner down. Is the boat still awesome? Yes... and you are right, if I had the $$$ would I have bought it. Unfortunately I don't, God knows I wish I did. That does not mean I can't and shouldn't have an opinion on it. That boat is a piece of Racing History.

Being a person that appreciates things for what they are, there was something very special about that boat the way it was. Like historic races at Monterey, it is fantastic to see pieces of Racing history preserved wether it be automotive, aeronautic like a P51 Mustang or Aquatic. I hope that the trends in both the automotive and aeronautic also start to filter into boating, we curently see it in wooden boats and river boats, why not offshore?

Not knowing the real $$$$ spent on converting a boat but considering the ammount of work that is visible, almost every aspect of the boat above the waterline has been changed. I was thinking that they could have just gone out and bought a purpose built Skater instead.

I also have a new 40 skater being built.

dave911 06-26-2007 10:28 PM

I hate most tribal, but that's the best I've ever seen.
If the owner wants to turn it back to heritage colors later, shouldn't be a big deal to close her up and repaint. No big.
Do what you want. When you want.

Byrdman 06-26-2007 11:10 PM

How fast did you have the boat going so far??

allfiredup 06-27-2007 09:32 PM

Hey Flight me & Tim think it's bad a$$. Nice job hope to hook-up with you next time I'm in town. Maybe I'll bring my GTX.