Notices

Fastest 28 Nordic Heat

Old 07-03-2007, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My engine dyno'd at 923. It is a midcabin and runs low 90's consistently on smooth water and summer heat. Never had the opportunity to run it in a good chop and cool temps. My setup is slightly different than the others. I have the Merc ITS/XR drive package. I don't beieve it helps performance(probably hurts it actually), but handling is very nice. At 80 MPH you could literally let go of the steering wheel and walk away(don't try this at home, LOL)
Old 07-03-2007, 10:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How high is the water level at your house, Bob?
Old 07-03-2007, 12:01 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It's up the driveway. The pavillion has about 3 ft. of water over the top of it.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bobl
It's up the driveway. The pavillion has about 3 ft. of water over the top of it.
OMG!
Old 07-03-2007, 12:06 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Some of these numbers aren't adding up. Steve just dynoed his motor at just over 700(I believe) and he is running low to mid 90's on GPS.

Nordicflame is running almost 100 with 300-400 more hp

Bob has about 200 more hp and runs about the same as Steve.

I'm certainly not calling anyone a liar or starting any $hit, just trying to figure out what this boat will run. I'm sure there are some differences in setup, weight, drive height, conditions etc., but there are some BIG differences in these numbers.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Young Performance
I'm certainly not calling anyone a liar or starting any $hit...
Believe the "low top-end" numbers. The "high top-end" numbers are always suspect.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:32 PM
Registered

Location: Lakeway, TX (Austin/Lake Travis) / LOTO Gravois Arm

I was reading about the flooding down there in Austin, and North Texas. Was just on the phone with my sister up in Norman, OK, and she was saying that there are numerous lakes in OK and TX closed for the weekend, Travis and Texoma included. I hope everyone down there is OK, and not suffering too much damage.

I2D
Old 07-03-2007, 12:32 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Clay,
There was always a 10 percent BS factor until the GPS speedo put a stop to a lot of it.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:34 PM
Registered

Location: Lakeway, TX (Austin/Lake Travis) / LOTO Gravois Arm

BTW, we had some places in Southern and Central KS that received between 12-20 inches of rain over last weekend. It's soggy beyond belief, and there's plenty of floating debris out there in the lakes, but I'm unaware of any weekend closures up this way.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:25 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Actually, the only number off is Steve's dyno numbers. Based on his build he is putting out much more than the 700. His boat ran an average of 76mph with the stock 575SCi and is now running low 90's. Do the math... there was a lot more than 125hp addition there to gain 15-17mph. His dyno run was suspect all along as he will tell you himself.
So, that being said the numbers actually make sense.
Bob's boat, the boat I'm referring to, Steve's, the 103 mph boat all run GPS speedos and the numbers are very accurate.

No one is BSing here If they were they would be BSing the other way. Bottom line is that it takes a lot of hp to get a Heat to run.
You asked for some numbers and the ones given to you at this juncture are accurate and have been gathered since 2001. Use them as you will but I can assure you this; It is what it is.

You have a fun project on your hands but one that's a little old hat to us
Keep us posted...

Dave

Quick Reply: Fastest 28 Nordic Heat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.