Notices

Spectre Vs Motion

Old 07-06-2007, 09:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
I have owned both and have been in several of each. Every Spectre I have been in Porpoised like crazy. From the time you plane off to 100. Sometimes you can't get them to stop porposing. If you have a good chop it's better. You have no choice but to have a giant tunnel tab. The spectre also tend to sneeze over the bow quite a bit and spray in your face espically at slower speeds. I kept mine about 3 months and absolutly hated it. The Motion on the other hand, never porposied. I think the ride was more solid. It didn't have the "hollow sound" when landing off of a big wave. The spectre always sounted like it was going to fall apart. I would hands down recommend the Motion.
Wow!!! Not my experience at all! Sure it bounces between 50 and 70, but how big a deal is that. I just stay out of that range. It never gets out of control -- just speed up of slow down and it stops. I have no tab and no desire to have one. As far as a hollow sound -- it is hollow. How does that matter?
Old 07-06-2007, 09:51 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by X-Rated30
Wow!!! Not my experience at all! Sure it bounces between 50 and 70, but how big a deal is that. I just stay out of that range. It never gets out of control -- just speed up of slow down and it stops. I have no tab and no desire to have one. As far as a hollow sound -- it is hollow. How does that matter?
No offense, Every boat has a different attitude. Some are better then others. If yours doesn't have a tab and you can control the porpoising yours is set up better then mine was. There can be a lot of variables. Engine HP and weight, Engine height, props, set back etc. Most 30' Spectre need a tab. The bounce yours does at 50 to 70 didn't stop on mine. The faster you go the worse it got. I would have to slow back down to about 30 and slowly accelerate, only then could I get it to stop. In perfectly flat water I could never drive the boat over 100, it would start purpoising.
As for the hollow sound I mentioned: My boat sounded like it was going to fall apart when you hit a big wave. The whole thing rattled and sounded like the bottom was going to exploded.
When it came to the motion it ran straight as can be, never had a porpoise or even bounce like you said at 50 to 70. It also sounded very solid. It didn't have the same feel like it was going to come apart.
Again, this is my experience with my boats. I can't speak for yours and honestly did not mean any offense at all. I was very frustrated with the Spectre. I tried a bunch of things to straighten it out and nothing worked. I even bought a custom, oversized tab from Berry Cuda that they used on the race boat. When you lowered it, it would stop the porpoising, it just felt like I was dragging my mother in law.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow again.

You are the least satisfied Spectre owner I have seen. Sory to hear about your luck. Wait... That explains alot. This is coming from the unluckiest dudes ever to walk the earth.

No offense taken. Just says alot for the variance in quality from boat to boat.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:00 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by X-Rated30
Wow again.

You are the least satisfied Spectre owner I have seen. Sory to hear about your luck. Wait... That explains alot. This is coming from the unluckiest dudes ever to walk the earth.

No offense taken. Just says alot for the variance in quality from boat to boat.
With my luck, I probably got the worst one!!!
Old 07-07-2007, 08:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lube, you *are* something of an outlyer on the bell curve of life!
Old 07-07-2007, 08:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by dockrocker
Lube, you *are* something of an outlyer on the bell curve of life!
I never heard that before, is that bad or good?
Old 07-07-2007, 08:10 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley
Spectre.......
Yup WEe have run the lving **** out of our Spectre race boat and she doesnty have one stress crack.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:13 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

i would think about resale you dont when you are buying but i would say the resale is better on the spectre they all porpoise its in the set up you have to get the c/g right it really helps to calm down the boat good luck go skater when you can and dont look back
Old 07-07-2007, 08:14 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

SKater
Old 07-07-2007, 08:46 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
SKater
I was going to ask why skater wasn't on the list ?

Quick Reply: Spectre Vs Motion

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.