Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anyone on Lake St.Clair today? >

Anyone on Lake St.Clair today?

Notices

Anyone on Lake St.Clair today?

Old 07-09-2007, 12:05 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

How about Reliable Carriers sitting back in the bay at Metro on Friday.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:51 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
the guys in the donzi's are brothers, we have boated with one of the brothers on some LEOPA runs and also a run at Ft Meyer, he has always boated safely. We did see them on Saturday running single file with a good distance between each other outside of Harsen's Island by the cut off to Browns.

We were out this Saturday for the first time this year, just went to Browns and the moot, it was a pain because we forgot to put our anchors back on board so we had to raft off to some yahoos in the moot. We had dinner at Jack's and spent the night at metro. It was so hot today and without an anchor it was hard to go anywhere to swim so after a quick lunch at Browns we pulled out. Not to bad we came home and went swimming off the potoon with a bunch of neighbors and they came back for a barbeque, so all was not lost. We did see some really nice OS's througout the weekend, three black thunders, a hustler, several cigs, an outboard skater, the donzies, a pantera, and a Viscous Cat. In the back bay of metro we thought we saw the old Barcardi Silver boat (the one with the new paint job) We idled up to say hi, but some other people beat us to the open well next to it. Turned out it was not the Skater but a beautiful 50' Nortech Cat. I know the house where the Nortech was parked belonged to the guy with the old Barcardi boat so not sure who owns the cat, but I do know we need to start bring our camera It was a great weekend
the nortech is mine also, the skater is in the boathouse. P.S. The nortech is for sale.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:29 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by flight club
the nortech is mine also, the skater is in the boathouse. P.S. The nortech is for sale.
Thats a nice collection of boats you got there.......and I like what you have done with the house, looks good!
Old 07-09-2007, 02:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by senzaspectre
How about Reliable Carriers sitting back in the bay at Metro on Friday.
They were out blasting around the lake on Saturday. Had an (almost) close call. They were coming toward me from my starboard, coming quite fast. I started to back down to yield right-of-way, but they had already turned to pass behind me, so I had to get back on the sticks again. It must be a real job to drive a boat that fast when the lake is that busy! I was keeping a good lookout, like always, but something that fast can pop up real quick. They were still a good 100 yards from me when I noticed them, but they weren't there 2 seconds before when I had last looked!
Old 07-09-2007, 02:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That was probably the boat Bob bought from Tom he lives around the back bay area. Sort of cool all these well known race boats making their way to Lake St Clair.

We will not be back to St Clair for quite a while, next week Put In Bay, following week Boyne for Boyne Thunder. Then St Clair for the offshore races and then back to Put In Bay for a LEOPA poker run. So many places to go in our area but to short of season to make it to half of them Are any of you guys doing road trips?

BYW Flight Club the house does look spectacular, much improved over the last owner you must have done a lot of work on it. We met you in St Clair last year, told you we lived on the small lake in Waterford where your partner had a house. See ya
Old 07-09-2007, 08:53 PM
Registered

Donna I saw you (and Ian) idling out from Jacks. We were there for dinner as well, and saw you from inside, watched the end of the tigers and did some drunk dancing with some ladies inside! Glad you're up and running!
Old 07-12-2007, 05:31 PM
Registered

We live next to St. Clair and are out most weekends! We have the white and purple 33 Powerplay (only one out there) Heading to the LEOPA run down in Erie this coming weekend but will be out in the bay the weekend after.....stop in and say hi!
Old 07-12-2007, 07:35 PM
Registered

Jason I did not realize you got a new boat, congratulations

I talked to Chris and we are going to try to run to the island with you guys on Saturday morning, it will be us and Rocky in his Cig. See ya

Last edited by Ms PatriYacht; 07-13-2007 at 06:13 AM.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
Jason I did not realize you got a new boat, congratulations

I talked to Chris and we are going to try to run to the island with you guys on Saturday night, it will but us and Rocky in his Cig. See ya
Thanks,I was hoping to suprise you and Ian with the new boat on Sat Morning....Just got off the phone with Chris, we should be at the launch around 9:30...Have fun at the FYC tomorrow.........Jason
Old 07-13-2007, 06:11 AM
Registered

opps I meant to Say Saturday Morning I can't wait for this weekend, last weekend was our first time out, Ian spent all of May and June working on reassembling the engine, exhausts, and outdrives. If his job at GM goes belly up, he just might become the new Tyler Crockett See you tomorrow