I got mufflers...I don't like it. >

I got mufflers...I don't like it.

Notices

I got mufflers...I don't like it.

Old 07-14-2007, 11:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 798 Likes on 366 Posts

I used to love loud stuff but have grown away from it in the last few years, I bought mufflers (ggb's) for my boat and like the deep,tolerable sound. I would get ringing in my ears in long no wake zones with open pipes,couldn't talk in the boat,couldn't listen to the stereo while idling at all. What I think is ironic is when some jackazz has to have his street bike or pleasure boat so loud that he wears ear plugs while driving,if its so loud you are worried about damaging your hearing maybe you need to think about the others around you . The other problem anymore is if your rig is really that loud you get attention from the wrong people,like cops and crybaby neighbors like panther has. If he runs his boat twice a year on the hose at his house,they should learn to put up with it it or at the very least say something to him if its really that bad instead of calling the cops,it sounds like there might be some jealousy issues or something there with them,Smitty
Old 07-15-2007, 08:15 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by articfriends
The other problem anymore is if your rig is really that loud you get attention from the wrong people,like cops and crybaby neighbors like panther has. If he runs his boat twice a year on the hose at his house,they should learn to put up with it it or at the very least say something to him if its really that bad instead of calling the cops,it sounds like there might be some jealousy issues or something there with them,Smitty
Exactly!
I was thinking the same thing after the whole thing... It was really frustrating because I only start it twice a year and run it for 15 min at a time. And when I do start it it's on the weekend after 11 am but before 4 pm, right smack in the middle of the day. Through out the summer I have the boat at the marina at the lift. I've even walked over to my neigbor and knocked on his door a few times to let him/her know that I was going to run it. The remainder of the year the boat is shrink wrapped...

A week or two after it happened I was mowing my lawn.... Every row I would mow I would get more and more pissed off..... Finally it was weedwacker time.... I finished weed wacking and got a zip tie and tied the throttle WOT until it ran out of gas.... A HOLES!!! At least give me some kind of warming before kicking me in the nutz...

You work hard for something and sometimes all people want to do is chit on you...
Old 07-15-2007, 09:33 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

panther, ya know what works good blow your hand held air horn everytime you see them a$$holes in their yard then if they come over and say anything take the can and cram it up their a$$ .
Old 07-15-2007, 12:03 PM
Registered

Received 271 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Panther
Exactly!
I was thinking the same thing after the whole thing... It was really frustrating because I only start it twice a year and run it for 15 min at a time. And when I do start it it's on the weekend after 11 am but before 4 pm, right smack in the middle of the day. Through out the summer I have the boat at the marina at the lift. I've even walked over to my neigbor and knocked on his door a few times to let him/her know that I was going to run it. The remainder of the year the boat is shrink wrapped...

A week or two after it happened I was mowing my lawn.... Every row I would mow I would get more and more pissed off..... Finally it was weedwacker time.... I finished weed wacking and got a zip tie and tied the throttle WOT until it ran out of gas.... A HOLES!!! At least give me some kind of warming before kicking me in the nutz...

You work hard for something and sometimes all people want to do is chit on you...

Theres another one. When I stay at the lakehouse I wake up pissed when my neighbor is mowing/weedeating at 8 am in the morning, but I wake up happy as hell when my same neighbor wakes me up again at 10:00 am with the sound of his single 454 rumbling.
Old 07-15-2007, 03:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 798 Likes on 366 Posts

For some reason dumbfuks seem to move near airports and lakes then get all pizzed off about the same background noise that was always there,it comes with the territory,Smitty
Old 07-15-2007, 08:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Panther
Pipes are dry with the exception of a 1/8" hole near the end of the pipe which lets out just enough water to keep the mufflers cool. This hole also acts as a drain for the tailpipe when the motor is shut down.

Engines are JC Performance 830hp blower motors.
thats what I have on mine love it to. art
Old 07-16-2007, 05:57 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JCPERF
But how are the Carbs?
Carbs are great, just don't like mufflers. Engines ran PERFECT!!!
Old 07-17-2007, 09:08 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by gotime34
Carbs are great, just don't like mufflers. Engines ran PERFECT!!!
When I put the mufflers on my boat I had to lean out the idle mixture a little bit.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:41 AM
www.sunriseuph.com
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Bullet w/502s isn't too bad without them, but with bigger power might be a problem. Especially they way they are cracking down on noise here at LOTO.

Having said that I just put 2 pr on the Swap Shop if anyone's interested.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:10 PM
Registered

Received 730 Likes on 327 Posts

Saw something funny the other day. Guy gets on his Harley and fires it up. While it's sitting there rumbling and before putting on his official do -rag and helmet with all the protest sticker he plugs in a pair of ear plugs.
ed

Quick Reply: I got mufflers...I don't like it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.