Thought I'd seen it all at the ramp...

Notices

Thought I'd seen it all at the ramp...

Old 07-16-2007, 11:36 PM
Masher touches my
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SAFA 1
this is what happened 3 month ago in lake havasu rental pontoon boat, that's why i leave at 2 to 3 pm evry time
The wife got plowed by a ski boat while tied up at the dock and it kinda looked like that. She was leaning over yelling at them, they hit her so hard she fell off the boat inbetween the two boats. If it had been a stern drive they would have killed her. I watched the whole thing from the truck in line at the ramp. Boy was she mad that day................. I was just glad she wasn't hurt, the boat can be repaired.

One thing I can say is that they stepped up and paid for the repair.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:08 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I had to make a diving save Sunday to keep some woman on a SeaDoo from making a BIG yellow mark on my red hull. I was docked waiting for my wife to park the truck and this woman heads right at me, panics, and shut the thing off! I was like "NOOOO" and jumped on the deck, dove forward and pushed her off with like 2 inches to spare. She just said "Sorry dude."
Old 07-17-2007, 06:42 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Man, look @ all the fun I'm missing, by not using the boat ramp anymore, NOT!
Dean
Old 07-17-2007, 08:26 AM
Registered

I watched a guy launch a 30 something ft. Bayliner onto the ramp as I was pulling away from the dock a couple years back. He started down the ramp with the bow eye unhooked on a roller bunk trailer, tapped the brakes and the boat shot off the trailer and landed on the ramp about 10 ft from the water. Since the ramp is now totally blocked the guy goes and unhooks his trailer in the parking lot and uses the deer catcher on the front of his truck to shove the boat down into the water so he could get it back on the trailer.

Now this story ABSOFUKINGLUTLY takes the cake for all launch fukups. I didnt personally see it but my LEO cousin used to patroll a local lake with ODNR told me about it.

She was out patrolling the lake on a weekday and noticed a small jetboat boat riding very very low in the water and only 2 passengers. As the patroll boat pulled alongside once of the officers on board spotted somthing in the water just in front of the bow. IT WAS THE FREAKIN WINCH POST OF THE TRAILER!!

Theese freakin idiots (new boat owners) honestly thought that in order to go boating all you had to do was unhook the trailer from the truck and go.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:02 AM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

[QUOTE=THRILLSEEKER;2200307)

She was out patrolling the lake on a weekday and noticed a small jetboat boat riding very very low in the water and only 2 passengers. As the patroll boat pulled alongside once of the officers on board spotted somthing in the water just in front of the bow. IT WAS THE FREAKIN WINCH POST OF THE TRAILER!!

Theese freakin idiots (new boat owners) honestly thought that in order to go boating all you had to do was unhook the trailer from the truck and go.[/QUOTE]

LMAO!!.....Too bad she couldnt have snapped some pics of that!!
Old 07-17-2007, 09:05 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Speaks for itself...

Old 07-17-2007, 09:27 AM
Registered

A few years ago at Midway ramp in West Harbor on Erie. I watched a guy launch a borrowed Jeep Wrangler along with his jetski and trailer. His story was that he thought he needed 4x4 to get the emtpy trailer up the ramp. Apparently he skipped 4x and shifted into N. dumped the clutch and the rest is history.

Sad part is the ramp was short and had a a pretty long drop at the end. The redneck towing crew ripped all kinds of parts off of the jeep before they realized that it was wedged up against a concrete wall. I will have to see if I can dig up some pics and scan them.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:26 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BADKACHINA
The wife got plowed by a ski boat while tied up at the dock and it kinda looked like that. She was leaning over yelling at them, they hit her so hard she fell off the boat inbetween the two boats. If it had been a stern drive they would have killed her. I watched the whole thing from the truck in line at the ramp. Boy was she mad that day................. I was just glad she wasn't hurt, the boat can be repaired.

One thing I can say is that they stepped up and paid for the repair.
I'm glad she was OK , that sux , they need to make all new boat owners take a class
Old 07-17-2007, 12:00 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 949 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
I had to make a diving save Sunday to keep some woman on a SeaDoo from making a BIG yellow mark on my red hull. I was docked waiting for my wife to park the truck and this woman heads right at me, panics, and shut the thing off! I was like "NOOOO" and jumped on the deck, dove forward and pushed her off with like 2 inches to spare. She just said "Sorry dude."
Should have said "yea me too" and tipped her over and into the drink!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 07-17-2007, 12:08 PM
Registered

I drive my boat up onto the trailer, and sometimes leave it in gear (at a idle) till I get the bow hooked up... I watched this one boater crank his boat from the very back of his trailer all the way up to the bow stop, when I said to him his outdrive was still down and dragging on the concrete. He lifted the outdrive and then the boat went sailing off the trailer taking the winch line with it, and then we all waited till he cranked it up the trailer a second time!!!

Quick Reply: Thought I'd seen it all at the ramp...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.