Like Tree0Likes

Brick N.J.?

Reply
Old 07-17-2007, 10:23 PM
  #51
Enjoy the show
VIP Member
 
Ron P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: The Joisey Shore
Posts: 10,353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucididee View Post
Does that make you Mayor Bricktucky?
You should know better, the head Bricktuckian is headed to jail for taking bribes from Bennies and screwing Piney's.
Ron P is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 10:29 PM
  #52
Charter Member
Charter Member
 
bowtie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 665
Default

Actually the term shoobies has nothing to do with wearing shoes on the beach. The weekenders from Philly were called shoobies because they came down to the shore with their lunch in a shoebox and never spend any money. They do spend lots of money though, which supports these shore towns all year.
bowtie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 10:30 PM
  #53
Registered
 
Expensive Date's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: West Creek NJ
My Boats: 05 35 Fountain EX
Posts: 4,220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucididee View Post
Place called Georgetown. Lived off Ralph Ave. (E. 66th St). Used to keep our boat @ Brown's Marina @ Kings Plaza. I'm glad we moved out to Jersey. I would have ended going to South Shore HS
Wow you lived close was on E89 Between k and L was a cop in the 67pct just north of you.You are right South shore would not have been good went to a small riot there in about 1986 or 87
Was up there last year its changed a lot where we lived is not real nice now Do miss the food though
Expensive Date is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 10:37 PM
  #54
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
Lucididee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: ID
Posts: 7,954
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expensive Date View Post
Wow you lived close was on E89 Between k and L was a cop in the 67pct just north of you.You are right South shore would not have been good went to a small riot there in about 1986 or 87
Was up there last year its changed a lot where we lived is not real nice now Do miss the food though
I would have been right in the middle of that mess. I graduated in 1987. When I lived there, Gil Hodges Bowling Alley still existed. I think St Mary's was up that way. Parents sent me to St Bernard's for CCD.

One can knock Jersey all they want, but I like it here. Ya just have to live here in order to make fun of it

Last edited by Lucididee; 07-17-2007 at 10:40 PM.
Lucididee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 10:39 PM
  #55
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
Lucididee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: ID
Posts: 7,954
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron P View Post
You should know better, the head Bricktuckian is headed to jail for taking bribes from Bennies and screwing Piney's.
Sorry Ron It's gotta be all that yummy East River tap water I drink at work
Lucididee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:00 PM
  #56
Registered
 
Expensive Date's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: West Creek NJ
My Boats: 05 35 Fountain EX
Posts: 4,220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucididee View Post
I would have been right in the middle of that mess. I graduated in 1987. When I lived there, Gil Hodges Bowling Alley still existed. I think St Mary's was up that way. Parents sent me to St Bernard's for CCD.

One can knock Jersey all they want, but I like it here. Ya just have to live here in order to make fun of it
If you were there I would have saved you.Wife went to Nazarath HS Got married at Holy Family on Flatlands ave and Rockaway pkwy
Expensive Date is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:20 PM
  #57
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
Lucididee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: ID
Posts: 7,954
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expensive Date View Post
If you were there I would have saved you...........
Thank ya Darlin!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Expensive Date View Post
.........Wife went to Nazarath HS Got married at Holy Family on Flatlands ave and Rockaway pkwy
It's a small world.
Lucididee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:23 PM
  #58
Registered
 
McGary911's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Jacksonville, FL
My Boats: Donzi Criterion
Posts: 1,172
Default

Man, I miss Jersey. Gonna be back there this weekend to judge a car show at Monmouth Park though..
McGary911 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:31 PM
  #59
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
Lucididee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: ID
Posts: 7,954
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGary911 View Post
Man, I miss Jersey. Gonna be back there this weekend to judge a car show at Monmouth Park though..
That's right by me. But I'll be in Seaside Heights this Saturday. NJPPC is hosting the Shore Dreams for Kids event. See if you can come down.

2006 Shore Dreams ~ part 1
2006 Shore Dreams ~ part 2
2005 Shore Dreams
Lucididee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 06:04 AM
  #60
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
Iggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Kissimmee, Florida
My Boats: '88 Formula F-206 LS
Posts: 4,155
Default

Quote:
When the Staten Island people come down to the Jersey Shore! The typical stereo type is an Italian guy from NY that wears one of them wife-beater g-tees. Benny.... Guido .... Gumba ...... it's all the same. (Also it's anyone from North Jersey) Hell ........ Tony Soprano would be considered a Benny down the Shore.
The way it was explained to me......the term Benny came from the many Jewish people (many with first name Benjamin or Benny) that came from NYC to the shore for the summer. With so many people running around with the name Benny it stuck as nickname for any tourist from NYC, or anyplace else for that matter.

I used to work in Brick Town, now just called Brick, for many years and never heard the the term Bricktucky before. I never thought of Brick as a redneck area.
Iggy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
ScottB
General Racing Discussion
102
07-14-2004 10:21 AM
jcap
General Racing Discussion
3
06-22-2004 07:30 AM
SHARKEY-IMAGES
General Boating Discussion
0
06-06-2002 11:59 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:50 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.