Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Gulp!  Sit down boys, lock up the kids, wives, girlfriends... >

Gulp! Sit down boys, lock up the kids, wives, girlfriends...

Notices

Gulp! Sit down boys, lock up the kids, wives, girlfriends...

Old 07-17-2007, 09:25 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

$120K for a new 28 Active Thunder Savage w/ 525EFI/XR--5 year warranty and lifetime hull warranty, WITH a Nextrail trailer. Let me know what you like for your custom paint.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/a...8&d=1184724628

Mr.Stellin,

I've priced Zodiacs. A twenty footer, who ya kiddin'? That IS an expensive boat!
Old 07-17-2007, 09:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MitchStellin
Buying pre-owned is for sure the way to go but at these prices you will have a hard time finding them because they were never purchased to become used. That and 80% of the people who buy these put -0- down so when it comes time to sell they are upside down and have to get top dollar or no sale. It is so far out of control that it will take a few years of -0- sales before they all consolidate and begin to mass produce them at a reasonable cost, but quality suffers then. It is a vicious cycle of ups and downs. We have seen it in the auto industry for over 20 years now. I love my fender boat, I can run it for weeks on a tank of fuel (24 gal) it can handle any sea, goes 50 and can be beached. So it is just a matter of "run what ya brung" and just get out there. After 3 go fast boats I have decided to go with this thought process.
And it floats!........unlike say...your sled.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:04 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

I run into this problem 17 years ago. The price of a new boat was much more then I could of afford and my wife reminded me of that. What I did was buy a boat that was 10 year old, 17 years ago and fix it up. Well I am still driving this boat today and it runs great and looks good. But most important it is paid for and insurance isn't to bad. I still can't afford a new boat today or back then either but a good used boat let me go boating for 17 years and I'm still married.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by AB From Windsor
I run into this problem 17 years ago. The price of a new boat was much more then I could of afford and my wife reminded me of that. What I did was buy a boat that was 10 year old, 17 years ago and fix it up. Well I am still driving this boat today and it runs great and looks good. But most important it is paid for and insurance isn't to bad. I still can't afford a new boat today or back then either but a good used boat let me go boating for 17 years and I'm still married.

SMART!! most are not that smart including me though.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:55 AM
Registered

Never posted before but I guess this is a good thread to start in. I live in Toronto Canada and all I have ever wanted from the time I was a kid (after my first ride in a '38 Cigarette on Georgian Bay)was a big, loud fast car and boat. Well I am 23 and I got the Vette Z06 now but the boat seems like it is never going to happen at these prices.

With the price of the insurance plus gas and the huge cash you have to lay out to get into the game it is just nuts. Buying a sweet cottage is actually cheaper, but it doesnt go 100mph eh!

I guess I will just lurk on and listen to all you guys tell stories about doing 100mph on the water and live vicariously through you guys.....or do you think that makes the pain worse???
Old 07-18-2007, 09:30 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ar15meister
Never posted before but I guess this is a good thread to start in. I live in Toronto Canada and all I have ever wanted from the time I was a kid (after my first ride in a '38 Cigarette on Georgian Bay)was a big, loud fast car and boat. Well I am 23 and I got the Vette Z06 now but the boat seems like it is never going to happen at these prices.

With the price of the insurance plus gas and the huge cash you have to lay out to get into the game it is just nuts. Buying a sweet cottage is actually cheaper, but it doesnt go 100mph eh!

I guess I will just lurk on and listen to all you guys tell stories about doing 100mph on the water and live vicariously through you guys.....or do you think that makes the pain worse???

If you want to go 100 in a big V its going to cost an arm and a leg. You can get into a used 70 ish mph 30ish ft offshore with mild power for 30 to 50k.

Better yet, sell the Vette, buy a boat
Old 07-18-2007, 10:49 AM
NorTechNorth.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ar15meister

You may be surprised. I'm only an hour away too.

705 487 7575
Peter
Old 07-18-2007, 01:18 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why Peter, was that a shameless self promotion plug ?

See you this weekend.

Last edited by Airpacker; 07-18-2007 at 05:40 PM.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:36 PM
Registered

Hey manufacturers;
Just price offshore powerboats at $25,000 per foot and get it over with!
The rich can pay anything.
Finance 'em for the rest of us for.......say 50 to 75 years...

Quick Reply: Gulp! Sit down boys, lock up the kids, wives, girlfriends...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.