LOTO-Noise Police Question?

Notices

LOTO-Noise Police Question?

Old 07-20-2007, 02:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOTO-Noise Police Question?

Hello All--

Was just curious if we should worry about a single 496HO with CMI headers and no mufflers at the lake next weekend? Not sure how hard the water patrol has been pushing the noise this year? Or the better question is...to run muffled tips or non-muffled tips?

Thanks!!!!!
Old 07-20-2007, 03:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you get stopped it will be either random or you did something wrong. Otherwise there will be dozens upon dozens of boats louder than yours.
Old 07-20-2007, 04:42 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

I wouldn't think you would have that big of problem with the sound. As long as your flying straight and not doing anything to bring attention to yourself it should be "OK".

The limit is 90 db at idle and I got caught the third time out but mine was a new cat on the lake that is easy to see a mile away with the florescent tips....he said he couldn't see my documentation and apparently ...LOL...louder than heck...96.7 db' at idle...

Since I'm down all the time it didn't make any sense not to rectify the situation and was pulled over the first time out after installing some "GGB" inserts by the same WP officer...
Old 07-24-2007, 01:06 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

I would say that you do not have to worry at all about being stopped for exhaust. As ong as you don't do anything to attract the WP's attention, you won't get stopped. BTW, be very careful at night and leaving anywhere like Party Cove. They had a large sobriety checkpoint on the water on sat night and stopped everybody, including me and several other friends of mine. BTW, I have twin 502's with CMI's and they didn't mention the exhaust.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I run 500 EFI's with CMI's no mufflers down there all the time never an issue. i would worry more about being stoped at night leaving the hot spots.