Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Chicago damage report (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/164358-chicago-damage-report.html)

Wild 07-24-2007 02:21 PM

Chicago damage report

got an email from a friend of a friend that was in chicago

email is as follows

MY BACK IS SORE STILL. GREAT TIME, ABOUT 15 BROKEN BOATS INCLUDING SNAPPED IN HALF 06 FORMULA 382, SKATER 368 WITH HOLE YOU COULD PUT YOUR HEAD INSIDE, CIGARETTE TOP GUN SPLIT AT THE RUB RAIL, NEW NORTECH BROKE, 46 SKATER BROKE DOWN BEFORE FIRST CARD STOP, 39 MTI LOST PROP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE LAKE (8500.00), OU WANT SOME BROKE A STRINGER, AND MANY MORE.

Just making sure everyone and all the boats are OK, sounds like some big water

Formula that snapped in half
hole in a skater - what happened

Just courious

Randy Wild

dukenrock 07-24-2007 02:27 PM

I got half way home and realized my right rear wheel/tire on the triax trailer was missing! Never found the wheel. Does that count???

Sydwayz 07-24-2007 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by dukenrock (Post 2209884)
I got half way home and realized my right rear wheel/tire on the triax trailer was missing! Never found the wheel. Does that count???

Let me know if you find it. I have one that is still MIA from 2 years ago.

The Chicago PR damage report sounds like last year.

tomtbone1993 07-24-2007 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz (Post 2209889)

The Chicago PR damage report sounds like last year.

It sounded like a run I would like to attend, but that is some serious damage to some very nice rigs.....:( :(

WARPARTY36 07-24-2007 02:41 PM

Didn't hear about the 368 and I was in one, and hung out with the other one all weekend???

OU Want Some statement is very exagerated:rolleyes:

The 46 Skater hadn't been run in years, I think it just needed the bugs worked out.

I did see a 382 that had a 3 or 4 foot long split between deck and hull though.

I will agree with the sore part, it was a little bumpy out there:D

dukenrock 07-24-2007 02:43 PM

I think the 382 they're referring to is the '05 "Inferno".

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36 (Post 2209905)
Didn't hear about the 368 and I was in one, and hung out with the other one all weekend???

OU Want Some is very exagerated:rolleyes:

I did see a 382 that had a 3 or 4 foot long split between deck and hull though.

I will agree with the sore part, it was a little bumpy out there:D

Spine Tingler 07-24-2007 02:47 PM

Took a small chunk out of the sponson during loading. Not a big deal! (Dammit Woodsy)

WARPARTY36 07-24-2007 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Superman (Post 2209926)
Took a small chunk out of the sponson during loading. Not a big deal! (Dammit Woodsy)

Sure glad you said Woodsy and not the fat guy that was sitting in your sweet a$$ truck:D

30 outlaw 2005 07-24-2007 02:59 PM

Was a great me and my crew were sore the next day. Not as sore as last year though. :D That run to alot out of you. But would not trade it for anything. :Score-101010: Was a great time and the water was much better than last year.

Broke the starbord engine mount on the way to Chicago. Sure did get rough on the way to Chicago the morning run was so much better...
:angry-smiley-044:

sommerfliesby 07-24-2007 03:15 PM

Inferno split between deck and hull for the second time. Mike drives the snot out of that boat, and Formula puts it back together for him EVERY time, no $$. Heck, he got the cover of Powerboat mag last year at the Chicago run.

The 40 Skater with the hole delaminated right in front of me just as we got to the Chicago card stop. Everybody was ok, they took the boat out at Burnham harbor in the city...11'6" beam, 11'8" ramp!!

On Friday I was out in a 38 Gun (Kool-Aid Man) and he ripped the front bolster in half!! Thanks to DeWalt and some heavier screws, he was in business again soon!

sommerfliesby 07-24-2007 03:18 PM

As far as I know, my little 35 Fountain is all good...just looks like a bomb went off below deck! Crap all over the place!

I wasn't wearing a shirt (but I WAS wearing a lanyard and a vest), and the spot on my lower back that comes in contact with the bolster is literally rubbed raw...looks like turf-burn!

Boomer 880 07-24-2007 03:21 PM

Wow, our little lake sure flexes her muscles sometimes.

Can't wait to see the running pictures!!!!!

Downtown42 07-24-2007 03:21 PM

Last year a Cig blew a hole in the hull and had to be yanked out quick.

Back4More 07-24-2007 03:30 PM

Had 3 cans of beer in the cooler pop...dam Fountains:traurig001: .

30 outlaw 2005 07-24-2007 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Back4More (Post 2210017)

Now thats funny....:D :D

hammer01 07-24-2007 03:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby (Post 2209987)
Inferno split between deck and hull for the second time. Mike drives the snot out of that boat, and Formula puts it back together for him EVERY time, no $$. Heck, he got the cover of Powerboat mag last year at the Chicago run.

The 40 Skater with the hole delaminated right in front of me just as we got to the Chicago card stop. Everybody was ok, they took the boat out at Burnham harbor in the city...11'6" beam, 11'8" ramp!!

On Friday I was out in a 38 Gun (Kool-Aid Man) and he ripped the front bolster in half!! Thanks to DeWalt and some heavier screws, he was in business again soon!

The 38 gun would not have been this guy down below would it have? I told him when I took the pic, "sorry Brian, but you are on OSO!!!!)
You sure did rip it up Mike, can not believe that some of the boats were able to run as hard as they did. The Baja 25 was running balls out having a heck of a good time, probably until he woke up the next day!!!!!! Great fun, and you guys did a great job, must of been the safety coordinator with the little wrench during the meeting......

Ms PatriYacht 07-24-2007 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993 (Post 2209898)
It sounded like a run I would like to attend, but that is some serious damage to some very nice rigs.....:( :(

If your boat is solid, in good shape, and drive it based on water conditions you should not have a problem in a 42 Fountain, lots of smaller boats had no trouble. Something tells me the emailer might not know all the details. Plus if you look at the other threads it sounds like everyone had a good time and plans on going back.

Heck after reading OSO I would be more afraid on boating on LOTO from all the cruiser wakes swamping boats. If you sign up for ANY poker run you are not guaranteed water or weather conditions, Lake Erie, Lake MI, The Atlantic Ocean from NY to FL could all change from one day to the next. Plus any poker run might be a wash out because of rain. You can't really make any decisions on what poker run to sign up for based on the conditions from the year before.

sellsman11 07-24-2007 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Superman (Post 2209926)

He told me he was getting even with you for the hard right turns!!:D :D :D

Panther 07-24-2007 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993 (Post 2209898)

I've run your boat in some pretty serious water here in NJ, I wouldn't worry about it. It'll slam if you're under 60 or so but once you get on top it rides nice! :cool-smiley-011:

candyman35 07-24-2007 04:11 PM

I wore out a pair of shoes...does that count:D
Dan

tomtbone1993 07-24-2007 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Panther (Post 2210074)
I've run your boat in some pretty serious water here in NJ, I wouldn't worry about it. It'll slam if you're under 60 or so but once you get on top it rides nice! :cool-smiley-011:

I just felt bad for what I was reading ......You are correct that boat does not like runnin less than 60MPH:):)

tomtbone1993 07-24-2007 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Back4More (Post 2210017)

I hope it was not Bud Light....I would be pissed:ernaehrung004:

Spine Tingler 07-24-2007 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by sellsman11 (Post 2210067)
He told me he was getting even with you for the hard right turns!!:D :D :D

I guess we both have room to improve!:readinghelp:

BZ 07-24-2007 07:02 PM

I killed a lot of brain cells do I win???? BZ

dam E-DOCK guys

sommerfliesby 07-24-2007 07:09 PM

:D

Originally Posted by Bob Zubik (Post 2210298)
I killed a lot of brain cells do I win???? BZ

dam E-DOCK guys

Damn, Bob. You didn't really have that many to begin with!
ZZZZZZZZIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGG!

Can I have a ride this weekend?:D

tomtbone1993 07-24-2007 07:20 PM

:boat: :worthless_without_p :boat:

obnoxus 07-24-2007 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby (Post 2210312)
:D

Damn, Bob. You didn't really have that many to begin with!
ZZZZZZZZIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGG!

Can I have a ride this weekend?:D

Mike, if BZ won't let you go with him, you can always come with us!!!!!!!!:D

MitchStellin 07-24-2007 07:36 PM

Even if the damage was exaggerated it is a true testament to our lake. There is no rougher water than the big lakes, when we have 6-8's they are steep as a wall and about 3 seconds apart, it is impossible to time them and they come in a series that can be somewhat timed but never exact. You can have a stretch of smooth and then hit some monsters, some even rouge in nature where they just tower over the others. Just ask Parnell, he added 100s of lbs to the structure of his Saber 41 to take the beating. There is no doubt you will find the weak link in your boat on our water.

10x 07-24-2007 07:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
On our 46 Cig, we had a small panel in the cabin that's directely in front of the dash that came loose. The one that has a little storage door built into it. Going down there right now to replace the screws with the next size bigger ones.

The 40 Skater that had a delamination on the front of the sponson, was because of a previous repair to the boat before the current owner owned it, that was done improperly. Someone previously repaired it with cauk and glue, as you could see it when the outer layer peeled back. We looked at it sunday morning while on the trailer. That boat was a very light layup hull, probably a race boat turned pleasure.

It's currently being repaired the "CORRECT" way at Captain Nabbers shop in Morris. He will be out for the shootout next month.

No broken parts here, but does it count when the blonde in the back was "screaming" and crying for us to stop or she was gonna jump off the boat??????:angry-smiley-055:
After the first 2 minutes of the morning run to MC, I had to put down the camera, and hold onto the blonde that was next to me, cause she was trying to jump "OUT" of the boat cause we would'nt turn back for her to get back on land.:angry-smiley-044:
That really kinda slowed us down as we had to run the boat as "softly" as possible for her, and when we got to MC, we had to get her a rental car to drive back to East Chicago. This wasted a half an hour dealing with her.

Back4More 07-24-2007 07:52 PM

Let me guess...this was her first poker run?

jonyb 07-24-2007 08:08 PM

Shoulda let'er jump! There's more fish in the sea :D

Payton 07-24-2007 08:41 PM

Mike, I had the same hole wore in my back as you, just a little lower. Maybe because I'm taller. But, it was a fun ride!

And a little drive damage from the morning run to MC.

MarkSmith 07-25-2007 07:12 AM

With 93 boats at an event, there are bound to be some mishaps and allot of exaggerations. The good news is that everyone had a great time and are coming back on July 19 & 20, 2008.

The Menace 07-25-2007 07:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Wild (Post 2209871)
46 SKATER BROKE DOWN BEFORE FIRST CARD STOP,
Randy Wild

We were actually a couple minutes out from the second card stop when the main shaft in a three stage water pump split in half. Still had water to the chiller and exhuast but not to the motor. We had a short easy idle back to the harbor. Still ahead of most of the boats. No other damage.

Miccosukee had some major issues. The rear deck was split (white and fuzzy)from the starboard rear corner where the hatch meets the deck down to the top rear corner of the transom. It was ramped out and left the lot. It may also have had a stringer issue in the forward section of the starboard engine compartment. Even Reggie was peering down there for a while. This pic does NOT exhibit the damage. They were obviously smart enough to realize something was wrong, we were coming up on them about 1/2 wayt to the first card stop and they turned around and headed back to the pits.

Nauti Kitty 07-25-2007 08:12 AM

Boyne Thunder Damage Report!

Someone broke a nail when they fell because they had fallen asleep water skiing to Beaver Island. We superglued it back on, he popped right back up and everyone breathed a big sigh of releif!
Mark, if you want to have smooth water next year schedule it a week apart from Boyne so I can make the run and the city will reflect on the water as we drive by. :angry-smiley-055:

NK

10x 07-25-2007 09:13 AM

There were about 5 or 6 last min. entries including The Factory Billet at Boyne Thunder. Ian and I were the second card boat for the run and NOT one OL made it to the stop We were not sure what happened, I believe some had trouble and did not make it out on time for the start, we were all dissapointed because we hardly got to see them run. Lake MI in Northern MI was pretty flat.

OK, Now, what happened there???:D Flat water, the whole OL fleet, and "NOT one OL made it to the stop" ???:angry-smiley-055:
Sounds like there was way more damage there, with just one group than the whole Chicago run.:party-smiley-020:

Sounds like there should be a thread started on the BT/OL damage report.:throw:

Ms PatriYacht 07-25-2007 09:22 AM

Frank you had me confused, for a second reading your post I thought you were at the card stop with Ian:D

StrikinLightnin 07-25-2007 09:30 AM

Boyne Thunder Damage Report!

Hey Frank

The next time you have a wacko broad that wants to jump out of your boat I'd like to ride along!

Entertainment Value = PRICELESS :cool-smiley-027:

Dennis

BLee 07-25-2007 09:47 AM

I got a few water spots on the sides of my rig....:traurig001: :drink:

sommerfliesby 07-25-2007 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by BLee (Post 2211021)
I got a few water spots on the sides of my rig....:traurig001: :drink:

Thought you were ABOVE the water most of the day Brandon?