Notices

Spiders in my boathouse

Old 07-27-2007, 11:48 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by docmanrich37

Yes he does but if he could only catch and get rid of those bass boaters that like too see how close they can get to your dock when coming around the bend.That would be a good dog.
Maybe the solution for the bassboaters is the same one you use for the geese
Old 07-27-2007, 12:06 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by wstultz
This is probably more work than needed but I've seen some friends of mine paint the ceiling of the boat house a sky blue color. Apparently the spiders think it is the sky and they do not nest there. I was calling bull$hit on this too until I saw both a boat house and a covered porch painted blue and there wasn't one spider on it. Living in Texas on the water we have some big nasty spiders to. Good Luck
Very interesting. We have spider problems at our personal boathouse and none at the full service marina. I'm guessing they sprayed. I never paid no mind because we just keep the boat there over the weekend. I've got all the maintenance I can handle so I give way to the spiders, but this blue paint trick would be an excellant permanent solution.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:11 PM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

dogs are color blind , but a spider is not
Old 07-27-2007, 12:13 PM
Registered

Location: Lakeway, TX (Austin/Lake Travis) / LOTO Gravois Arm
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got this problem big time at my dock at LOTO.
Last weekend used some outdoor insecticide from Bayer using a sprayer. Rafters, poles, etc..

We'll see if there's any success this evening.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:19 PM
Registered

use this stuff called suspend
Old 07-27-2007, 12:59 PM
Registered

hey guys ever tried dried eucalyptus from those potpourri shops places, don't know anything about them ,never been in one, as i send the girlfriend. put it in the cabin no spiders. stuff some under the dock corners no spiders. for a full fledge boathouse maybe corners and middle rafters. worth a try. if those southern spiders don't mind it ,it will still smell nice. good luck

only time i catch the fast guys is at the dock!!
Old 07-27-2007, 01:21 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Get rid of the food source,insects and there gone

The pest control guys have a better quality chemical.But $$$$ It has a residual.Its a powder that clings to the rafters and ceiling etc.It leaves a milky/white powder looking residue on everything and the spiders walk on it, it gets in there system.It last about 3 weeks.Dont get caught spraying it yourself or make sure nobody sees it dripping in the water.I bought some from a buddy a pest guy.One quarts was about 80.00.2 tablespoons to a gall,Its a real fine power,it will make ya choke if ya get a wiff.

The other stuff you get at Homedepo and Walmart like Diazinon,mathilion you have to hit the spider to kill them, this stuff does not have the residual.You really cant buy anything strong enough to do much good.Dursban was good but illegal,but be careful with organo-phospherous insecticides. malathion diazanon etc. they are related to nerve gas

On our pier we have purple martins and other birds,We have bird houses at the intranace to the pier.They eat the spiders and insects. But ya have to put up with bird sh!t

or Cotton poison aka Roach milk Methyl Parathion

Wack a roach game
http://yucky.kids.discovery.com/flash/fun_n_games

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:21 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Demon WP available at do-it-yourself pest control shops.
Works very well indoors, outdoors, and last for a long time. It is what a pro recommended to me and I have been using it for years. Works great on spiders on my dock! You can buy it in pouches that mix with one gallon of water or buy it in a larger can for around $50 -$60 that has a scouper.One scoup for each gallon. If you get that, your problem is solved!
Greg
Old 07-27-2007, 05:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try the stuff called Viper. I get it a local hardware store. It lasts about a year and definitely kills the spiders. But with the spiders gone the skeeters are thick.
Old 07-27-2007, 05:13 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Pantera572
Demon WP available at do-it-yourself pest control shops.
Works very well indoors, outdoors, and last for a long time. It is what a pro recommended to me and I have been using it for years. Works great on spiders on my dock! You can buy it in pouches that mix with one gallon of water or buy it in a larger can for around $50 -$60 that has a scouper.One scoup for each gallon. If you get that, your problem is solved!
Greg

Ive heard of that before

http://www.pestcontrolamerica.com/se...ers/Categories

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.

Quick Reply: Spiders in my boathouse

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.