Notices

Boatcrashonly>com

Old 07-30-2007, 02:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Boatcrashonly>com

It bothers me that I see so many reports of accidents so quickly on this site.. We are dealing with a regional speed limit issue, as well as similar issues nationaly.
Its like the rubbernecks on the highway that create a backup as they strain to get a glimpse of death or dismemberment.
If you love high performance boats and boating, please consider the consequences of your actions. Its just more ammo for the tree hugging fun killers.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:14 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

probably not, there is at least one legal web site that actively searches for and lists boat accidents. (cant think of the name right now).

I think that reading about these accidents serves a useful purpose, especially for the newer boat owners here.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wobble
probably not, there is at least one legal web site that actively searches for and lists boat accidents. (cant think of the name right now).

I think that reading about these accidents serves a useful purpose, especially for the newer boat owners here.
I dont
Old 07-30-2007, 02:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

There is going to be two sides to this and neither side will be right or wrong. It is important to know what is happening out there and why, however we don't want to blow it out of proportion or beat it to death either. I think we all need to keep ourselves in check and be respectful of these situations and how they are presented. Also, we must not jump to conclusions and keep our opinions to ourselves.

Like the poker runs we must self regulate ourselves.

Only post facts.
Only post public release news stories and photos
Keep coments to condolences or pointing out facts

Just my opinion.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:32 PM
Registered

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Tom A.
There is going to be two sides to this and neither side will be right or wrong. It is important to know what is happening out there and why, however we don't want to blow it out of proportion or beat it to death either. I think we all need to keep ourselves in check and be respectful of these situations and how they are presented. Also, we must not jump to conclusions and keep our opinions to ourselves.

Like the poker runs we must self regulate ourselves.

Only post facts.
Only post public release news stories and photos
Keep coments to condolences or pointing out facts

Just my opinion.
Those are good points. However I could do without it.
Follow the rules like not drinking and driving etc.. I realy dont see the need to post pics and details of the carnage.
Strange fascination if you ask me
Old 07-30-2007, 02:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With this being my first summer in the performance boating world, I have found it rather upsetting that there seems to be a report of a boating incident almost every Mon on the site. I do have to ask all of you, is this normal, or is this just a horrible year for the accidents? From what I read in the reports of the facts from most of the accidents, at least 90% is definetly driver error of some sort, but if we were to look at traffic accidents, I'm sure that percentage would most likely be much higher for driver fault.
As for the question of them being posted here, well like I said, it is very upsetting to read about them, but it also is sort of an awarness, or "wake-up call". Every weekend I board my boat to go for a ride, I take the responsibility of any & all that is on my boat. I am very much a newbie to this sort of boat, & I keep my driving within my limits.....With that said....
Last weekend I was at the air show, & when leaving, I was running in a group of much faster boats, & when they stretched it out, I felt the need to do as they did...as a result, we hit a wake from a cruiser, of course we got air borne & landed quite hard. I quickly backed off, & realized that I was way above where I needed to be, & instantly thought....I don't want to be the topic of an "accident report thread" on Mon.
So, in that sense....I suppose it helps.....but it still is very tragic to read of any accident, especially when a fatality is involved....Just my .02 worth from a newbie.....
Old 07-30-2007, 02:53 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Pantera1
Those are good points. However I could do without it.
Follow the rules like not drinking and driving etc.. I realy dont see the need to post pics and details of the carnage.
Strange fascination if you ask me
I have to agree with you! We'll probably get a lot of chit for saying this though...

The news/media and "peope" are so focused on the "negative" that we never see positive things. Or if we do see something positive it's overlooked or swept under the carpet...

You mentioned strange fascination... Unfortunately there are a lot of people who thrive on others misfortunes.

If my family and I had an accident I wouldn't want it posted all over the internet.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:55 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by rangerrick63
With this being my first summer in the performance boating world, I have found it rather upsetting that there seems to be a report of a boating incident almost every Mon on the site. I do have to ask all of you, is this normal, or is this just a horrible year for the accidents? From what I read in the reports of the facts from most of the accidents, at least 90% is definetly driver error of some sort, but if we were to look at traffic accidents, I'm sure that percentage would most likely be much higher for driver fault.....
What you're not seeing are the 100's or even 1000's of other non-performance related boating accidents that happen every day... This being a perf. website we mostly hear about our own types...

Is it the norm? no.... But yes, accidents can/will happen...
Old 07-30-2007, 03:03 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

We can argue this until we're blue in the face, and we'll get no where.

Bottom line, we can't just ignore this sht and bury our heads in the sand pretending these things don't happen. They do happen and they draw a lot of negative attention and bad press, not to mention the pain and suffering they cause.

It's not about sensationalism. It's about education, and it's about waking the phuck up, learning our limits and acting responsibly. I'm sick and tired of losing good people, losing credibility, gaining bad press, and suffering exorbitant insurance costs because of the yearly rash of unfortunate accidents, careless oversights and sometimes downright bone-headed moves.

My $0.02.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CigDaze
We can argue this until we're blue in the face, and we'll get no where.

Bottom line, we can't just ignore this sht and bury our heads in the sand pretending these things don't happen. They do happen and they draw a lot of negative attention and bad press, not to mention the pain and suffering they cause.

It's not about sensationalism. It's about education, and it's about waking the phuck up, learning our limits and acting responsibly. I'm sick and tired of losing good people, losing credibility, gaining bad press, and suffering exorbitant insurance costs because of the yearly rash of unfortunate accidents, careless oversights and sometimes downright bone-headed moves.

My $0.02.
Great post, I agree 100%

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.