I Had To Say Goodbye To My Best Friend Today >

I Had To Say Goodbye To My Best Friend Today

Notices

I Had To Say Goodbye To My Best Friend Today

Old 07-30-2007, 04:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Had To Say Goodbye To My Best Friend Today

Tara was the best dog I ever had, she was 12 and just stopped eating, she lost 35 lbs and would not even eat her favorite...hamburgers. She had a great life, she traveled over 100,000 miles to the UP with me every weekend for 12 years, she helped me thru so much and in the end I had to help her, she was just not enjoying life anymore and I could not watch it. Those who knew Tara can attest to her, she was the best Lab I ever met. The only good thing is I bought a black lab 2 years ago just for this time, I hope KC does not take it as hard as I am, I have cried so much my gut hurts. I could see this coming over the last week but nothing can prepare you for this. She loved the boat as much as I do, so does KC, and she would sit on the engine cover with 2 big blocks rumbling under her and she loved it, the second I gave it gas she would jump on the seat and get ready for the ride, I swear, she watched the waves and anticipated them, she would jump down off the seat when a big wave came and brace herself against the corner, then jump back up and look. It sure is going to be tuff for the next few days, I still have enough yellow hair around to make a coat and I vacuum twice a week so she will be with me for many years. Here she is at 5. I am going to miss her very much.
Attached Thumbnails I Had To Say Goodbye To My Best Friend Today-tara-dog-rug-small-.jpg  
Old 07-30-2007, 04:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my condolences, what an awesome dog.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:19 PM
Registered

I'm very sorry for your loss Mitch. I know just how you feel. It's going to be a while before you feel like yourself again so give yourself plenty of time to heal. I hope maybe that you can gain some comfort knowing that many others have gone through this and feel for you as well..

Best wishes

Roger
Old 07-30-2007, 04:21 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Mitch, I feel your pain. I don't know how you go through typing all that. I'm sure your keyboard is flooded.

My dog passed away this winter and we are just now thinking about getting another one. He lived 12 years too.

How is it possible that out of all the animals on the planet, only dogs can have this kind of relationship with man?

Thank God for Dogs. I hope they feel the same way about us.
Attached Thumbnails I Had To Say Goodbye To My Best Friend Today-pillows-2.jpg  
Old 07-30-2007, 04:31 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Hang in there bro.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:31 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dang man I hate that for you bro! I've been down that road and have a 10 year old choclate lab now. I love ya RonP but it drives me insane when people put pics of their deceased pet on somebody elses sorrow!
Old 07-30-2007, 04:32 PM
Registered

So sorry, I had to put down my Great Dane earlier this Spring. She was 14. Hardest thing I have ever done, I still feel like I just failed her in the last years of her life, all she did was try to please, but that last year she had lost control of her bowels and I had to keep her outside and in the garage after being a lifetime indoor dog. She went from a good looking 130+ lbs down to around the 80lb mark, skin and bones. It took me forever to make the decision to put her down. I still can't get myself to go get another dog. Christianity says that there are no animals in Heaven b/c they don't have a soul --- I sure hope we are wrong on that one b/c everyone knows that our best friend's had a soul and cared for us very much. It's a tough loss --- sorry.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:33 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Sorry to hear this. It is like losing a family member, because they are part of your family. People without dogs just don't get it. Keep the great memories in your heart, not the last couple of weeks.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:59 PM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

My sincere condolences. I lost two dogs over the last few months. As a single guy wih no family my dogs are my family so it was very hard. The worst thing is my last remaining dog keeps looking for the others. He will run around the house expecting the others to be hiding somewhere but he can't find them. I'd get another now but waiting to relocate.

It does get better with time but you never get over them.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:02 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Sorry to hear it man . I got a lab that is 12 and i know the day is commin there jus no easy way to deal with it . keep your head up bro shes in a betta place looking down .

Quick Reply: I Had To Say Goodbye To My Best Friend Today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.