dkwestern where is your new place at?
Old 08-15-2007, 02:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In the Metro park canal system on Venetian
Old 08-15-2007, 02:48 PM
Registered

I took me a second but as soon as I saw the swamp in the background I knew you were on Venetian. Nice spot, I used to live on Circle when I was a kid, our neighbors built a big house next door to us then sold it and moved over on Venetian.

Looks like i'm not going to make the fun run at all, I have a landlubber party to go to with my GF during the day, then we're going to head up to algonac for the races. Ms. Patriyacht, I have a 27' Fountain. And most of my friends are too poor (or cheap) to kick in for fuel! The most I can hope for is that they bring beer.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:04 PM
Registered

Nice house Darren!!!! let us know when the party is.........
Old 08-17-2007, 10:51 AM
Registered

I'm in for the fun run!! See you in the morning!
Old 08-17-2007, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Darren
Glad you can make it, it seems like most of the group is coming from Speed wake we are up to about 15 boats. We are really leaving at 11 (that's when we will be there) and the plans have changed from the orginial post. Here is the update from one of the posts. Not sure if you have my cell number in case something comes up 248-425-0159. We will be launching around 10:15 at Metro, see you tomorrow.

Let's all meet around 10:30 in front of the Clinton River, plan on leaving when everyone gets there or no later than 11:00.

Head across the lake and take the south side of Gull Island. Drop down to an idle and make sure we have everyone. Start up the South Channel and run together until we reach where South meets North Channel, drop down to an idle and regroup again. Head towards Pepper Joe's for lunch, we should arrive around noon. Hang out for food and drinks until around 1:30 - 2pm. Head back towards Algonac then to the middle channel. Head up the Middle Channel to Browns for drinks, then at our leisure had back towards Lake St Clair and in to Muskamoot for a raft off. At 6pm or so for those that plan to spend the night at Algonac harbor club head either back up middle channel or south channel for dinner, this decision can be made before leaving Muskamoot.

We really need to make the first stop Pepper Joe's so we aren't having a late lunch and i really don't like the idea of heading 10-15 boats together into the Middle Channel from the lake through the channel markers. This is my planned route and Bayley said if you want to be one of the cool people you need to follow Bayley and Aggressor Tom.

See everyone Saturday. (posted by Agressor Tom)
Old 08-17-2007, 01:52 PM
Registered

Thanks for the update Donna.

I won't be going full out, so they may have to wait when they idle (if they want), but I just don't want to hurt anything before I rebuild the powerheads winter. much cheaper to rebuild running engines!

I assume you got the ignition figured out!!!
Old 08-17-2007, 03:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes the newest ignition box that we got on Tuesday was not programed correctly, Ian had a dream about it on Tuesday night and figured out, so on Wednesday the engines fired right up We don't plan on running any faster that we fee comfortable at, we have two fun weekends coming up in Sept and we don't want to risk anything. See you tomorrow
Old 08-17-2007, 06:58 PM
Registered

Nice to see your going to make it Darren!!!
Old 08-18-2007, 06:18 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

What kind of speeds do most of you run? I would love to come and meet some of you guys, but my boat only goes 50 WOT and if it gets rough I can't even do that. Maybe I'll just plan to be at one of your stops.

Quick Reply: St Clair Fun Run/Hydroplane Races

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.