Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Donzi faces lawsuit over worker’s death >

Donzi faces lawsuit over worker’s death

Notices

Donzi faces lawsuit over worker’s death

Old 08-10-2007, 01:36 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i just hope donzi does'nt have to fly a "new managment" banner anytime soon....
Old 08-10-2007, 02:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have worked in carpet all my life, you should be able to read the warnings on the glue bucket if not its his fault I sick and tied of the poor immigrant does not speak english bull chit then learn. one guy I worked with from brazil would complain about raises , my boss would say when you learn english good enough so I can send you a lone on a job you will get payed like the other guys, other wise leave. he has been here 15yrs and still can't speak that good ,I like him he is funny and means well sometimes, but he needs someone with him all the time and he does make about 25 a hour so its still good but another 5 would be better. also with some glues a mask is a pain in the azz so every 15 to 30 mins stick your head out and get some air commonsense. thats why I came down with asthma at 40yrs old because I took chances seaming irons for seams give off toxic fumes too. So I don't find donzi at fault unless he was a illegal, then the state should sue not the family .. I f I seem pissed I am with the bull ****, I have been trying to get SS TO GIVE ME A HAND WHILE I AM OUT OF WORK, COMP IS FIGHTING MY CLAIM AGAIN AFTER LAST YR THEY SAID THEY WOULDN'T IF i WORKED PART TIME UNTIL MY SURGERY, well last week was 7 weeks aftersurgery and they are trying to shut me off SS says I could work behind a desk while recovering, and pick up 10lbs, while taking 15mgs 5 times a day of oxy, yeah right and after going down to there office 3times in 7mons I am the only white guy there that speaks english my spelling zucks thoughyou try to make sence while taking oxys .ALL I WANT IS MY KNEE FIXED,BACK and shoulder I can live with shots so I can get my custom rug & carpet business going designing stuff making it and puttin the chit in because I like my labor I DO IT RIGHT and labor cost more but the savings on the rugs is ten times higher chit sorry about his rambling the pills are new there 15 mg instead of 10/650 I hope I made sense to someone. well I am getting injections next then when that won't work a replacemen tknee I hope or am going to cut it off. so back to donzi you need to have people who think commonsence working for you and have the masks which no one wears anyways around or fans thats what I use in tight spaces with glues. art

Last edited by AIR TIME; 08-10-2007 at 03:29 PM.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:37 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My guess is the figure is missing 3 zeroes.

Their attorney is most likely working on contingency. Unless they hired the world's stupidest attorney, I doubt he'd start that low.

$15 Mil sounds more in line.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:35 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
My guess is the figure is missing 3 zeroes.

Their attorney is most likely working on contingency. Unless they hired the world's stupidest attorney, I doubt he'd start that low.

$15 Mil sounds more in line.
I agree with Chris. NOBODY sues for $15,000!
Old 08-10-2007, 04:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
.......does not speak english bull chit then learn.

Ummmmmmm..........yeah. You english aint so much gooder either more.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:53 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

$15k...that is it..... Donzi shoudl pay it without an arguement and close the case. That is way way way cheap than my lawyer fee's and I only lost an entire left leg!
Old 08-10-2007, 06:42 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

In Florida, the minimum jurisdictional limit of the circuit court where this case is filed is $15,000.00. There needs to be an allegation in the pleading (Complaint), that the case involves damages of at least[[/B] that amount. If such allegation is not made, then the court may dismiss the complaint for failing to make an allegation showing that jurisdiction lies with the court. The wrongful or totious death of a person in this state is usually valued significantly more than $15k, irrespective of whether the person is "legal" or not. Yes, I am a lawyer in Florida that tries these types of cases to verdict when the insurance company or corporation at fault does not act reasonably in settlement discussions (such as offering to settle a death case for $15k). Many of you see me as the source of all evil....usually until some tortious or wrongful act affects your personal lives, however I remind you that verdicts at trial are rendered by a jury of your peers, after listening quite closely to all the evidence in the case.....not the hearsay rambled on the streets. And, part of that evidence, is the comparative fault of the person significantly injured, maimed or killed. I have found that some of those "poor immigrants that don't speak English" are some of the most honest, hard working individuals I have ever met in my life. Their only crime is not having been born here in the USA, and yet trying to earn a decent living to provide a better life for their families. Let the system work before you crucify them; who knows what really happened in this case. Be thankful we have a system here to provide justice.

Last edited by thedonz; 08-10-2007 at 07:05 PM.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:51 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts

Very well said donz.
Old 08-10-2007, 07:56 PM
Gold Member

Most poor immigrants come here to try to better themselves, unlike a lot of people who are born here and rely on a welfare check every month. This is not about reading or writing, if anything the person in charge of a place like Donzi should have done a little better screening. I know what happens in the boating industry. My father in law is the plant manager at Angler boats and this stuff is very common. You hire cheap to sell a very expensive piece...go figure. More hispanics have built the boats we are so in love with today than any othe race.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:08 PM
Registered

Sad that the guy died, but I hope Donzi isn't getting raked over the the coals for the death of a guy that potentially could have been huffing the fumes intentionally.

Not to say that's the case. Just a thought. With so many frivolous suits these days, I have turned into a skeptic.

Quick Reply: Donzi faces lawsuit over worker’s death

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.