What to do in Fort Walton Beach >

What to do in Fort Walton Beach

Notices

What to do in Fort Walton Beach

Old 08-11-2007, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do in Fort Walton Beach

My wife is doing some testing at Eglin AFB and her company rented a condo on the beach for all their staff. My daughter and I are flying down for a long weekend before her school restarts (24-26 Aug) to spend some time on the beach and whatever else strikes our fancy.

I've been there several times on business with the AF, but never had much time to look around. What are some good places to go? Any good boat shops or marinas to browse? One time I was there they were setting up for a boat show at one of the shore shop places, doubt I'll hit that timing again though. I'd even take an excuse for a boat ride

-Greg
Old 08-11-2007, 09:38 AM
skater brother
Platinum Member

SAMMY'S:
Old 08-11-2007, 09:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by pbam22
SAMMY'S:

Whis is what / where ?? Don't forget I'll have my daughter with me.

-g
Old 08-11-2007, 09:45 AM
skater brother
Platinum Member

Nevermind go down to Destin there is a water park.
Old 08-11-2007, 11:53 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Destin is just across the bridge,you could rent a pontoon,jet ski,go to crab island by the bridge, get some lunch at one of the restaurants over looking the harbour, AJ's is fun,she will like it.The water park is a little past AJ's on the left. Theres some other restaurants past the water park.

Legendary marine is big,a fountain dealer. also there is a Baja dealer in FWB.ck out the phone book when ya get there, or google them.

the week of 13-19 is the poker run and boat week

pbam22 now you have never been to Sammys

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 08-11-2007, 11:58 AM
Emerald Coast of Florida
Gold Member

Boat show is that weekend at the Convention Center.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:38 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Stop by Captain's Choice Marine in FWB. They sell Formula,Baja,and Sunsation.Tell Mitch hello for me.
Old 08-11-2007, 05:22 PM
JnT
Registered

Buy some cheap snorkel gear at Wal Mart and park on the West side of the bridge from Okaloosa Island to Destin. Walk under the bridge to the north (bay) side. Swim towards the Coast Guard station and there is a boat sunk there that holds a lot of fish. Kids love to see the fish and crabs and you can sit in the shade under the bridge to cool off.
The whiting bite should be on so get some rods and reels and fish small pieces of shrimp in the trough closest to the beach. Basicly right in front of you before the first sandbar.
Moody's is a great head boat and you can ride offshore for around 35 bucks and catch a few reef fish.
Definitely hit AJ's and get the Poker Run Schedule. We like to sit on the east side of Brooks Bridge to watch the poker run. Its a no wake so you get to see the boats real well.
The water park is fun but my fondest memories will be my granddaughters excitement looking at fish while snorkling.
Great place to be! Have fun!
Jim
Old 08-11-2007, 06:46 PM
Registered

Thanks all. We will be down after the poker run, but the boat show could be fun. We have snorel gear (from snorkling in the keys), will be sure to pack it. I've only been down to Destin for dinner before, will have to spend some time down there, I'm sure she would like the water park since she enjoyed the one in Ocean City.

-Greg
Old 08-24-2007, 06:31 PM
Registered

We didn't fish for the whiting, but did stand on the sand bar and let them nibble at your toes. Plan to go snorkeling and look for the boat Sat. Also want to see where the boat show/convention center is and probably stop in there. The condo is the Breakers, nice place right on the beach.

The water park is closed, no water running etc. I'm surprised they wouldn't stay open till Labor Day weekend at least.

Have reservations on the dolphin boat with several other people from work for Sat evening.

-Greg

Quick Reply: What to do in Fort Walton Beach

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.