Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Remember this when you go to a bar at LOTO or Destin... >

Remember this when you go to a bar at LOTO or Destin...

Notices

Remember this when you go to a bar at LOTO or Destin...

Old 08-15-2007, 08:26 AM
Registered

Received 271 Likes on 161 Posts

Ahhhhhhhh give me a freakin break. Who gives a chit how to be curtious to a bartender. I'm paying so serve me a drink and shut the hell up. Be nice enough and I may give you a good tip. I don't care what they think of me or how I order because I'm not the one on the clock.

Here is some bar etiquete for a bartender:

DON'T:

1) Give me 10 ones out of a 20 for change

2) Blow me off to give free drinks to some chick - I'm paying the tab - not her.

3) Make a weak drink - I will just go somewhere else

4) Say you know how to make a certain kind of drink when you really don't

5) Expect to be treated like a king, reality check - your a bartender.........................nobody cares what you want just serve me a drink.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:32 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 342 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by marylandmark
We had a local bar where the bartenders sucked.

Go to the store and get a squeeze lime. Take a fork, pop the top off of it, use a liquor pourer (fits perfect!) and fill with beverage of choice. Go to bar, order a soda and then add your own "lime"- Captain and coke for $2 as strong as you want it!

End of the night tip 50%- your bill will only be $8-10 so go ahead big guy- toss a $20 up!
Here you go folks... See the above qoute for CashBar's need to post that gay phucking list!!!!

...and to quote my man Frank the Tank, "GET ME A BEER, NOW DAMMIT"!!!!!
Old 08-15-2007, 08:33 AM
asg
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cash Bar,

Looks like you have too much free time......
Old 08-15-2007, 08:33 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 342 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Ahhhhhhhh give me a freakin break. Who gives a chit how to be curtious to a bartender. I'm paying so serve me a drink and shut the hell up. Be nice enough and I may give you a good tip. I don't care what they think of me or how I order because I'm not the one on the clock.

DON'T:

2) Blow me off to give free drinks to some chick - I'm paying the tab - not her.

5) Expect to be treated like a king, reality check - your a bartender.........................nobody cares what you want just serve me a drink.
Awesome post!!!!
Old 08-15-2007, 08:35 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

DON'T:

Amen!
Old 08-15-2007, 08:46 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BINGO!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-15-2007, 09:10 AM
Registered

DON'T:

Ditto!

and dont expect me to leave a dollar tip for a 5 dollar can of beer, call me a tight ass but if the establishment is charging 5 bucks for a CAN of beer then they can afford pay their help more, dont expect me to do it. And DO NOT! try and school me on manners. Thanks comes in the form of a tip for doing well along with a verbal "thanks" blow me off and serve somebody else just beause I didnt say please then I'l go somewhere else. Bartenders are there to serve the customers, not the other way around.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that just makes me laugh
Old 08-15-2007, 09:27 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

DON'T:

I couldn't agree more.

And here's my take on tipping:
I tend to tip well, very well. But it will not be assumed from the start...with me, a bartender starts with no tip, zero, zip, zilch, nada. If good service and attitude warrants a tip, I start building it up, and I generally get a handshake and a big thank you at the end of the night, but it's got to be earned, not taken for granted. People forget that a tip is supposed to be "gratuity" in exchange for gratuitous service, and not a part of their total compensation package.

And there's Nothing worse than a bartender that thinks they're the sht and they deserve a tip, or someone who's having a rough day and they need the help making rent....I don't give a crap. Good service merits a good tip, not sympathy or charity, or any other such reason.

Old 08-15-2007, 09:38 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by THRILLSEEKER
Ditto!

and dont expect me to leave a dollar tip for a 5 dollar can of beer, call me a tight ass but if the establishment is charging 5 bucks for a CAN of beer then they can afford pay their help more, dont expect me to do it. And DO NOT! try and school me on manners. Thanks comes in the form of a tip for doing well along with a verbal "thanks" blow me off and serve somebody else just beause I didnt say please then I'l go somewhere else. Bartenders are there to serve the customers, not the other way around.
IF" CAN" BEER IS $5 OR MORE THERE HAD BETTER BE A STAGE AND POLE SOMEWHERE!
BY THE WAY I BARTENDED AND WAITED TABLES GROWING UP, SO I SEE BOTHSIDES OF THE STORY. BOTTOM LINE - RESPECT GETS RESPECT.

Quick Reply: Remember this when you go to a bar at LOTO or Destin...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.