Notices

Another selling a boat ?

Old 08-22-2007, 02:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Another selling a boat ?

Well I have begun to put the wheels in motion on the sale of my 27 ft Donzi ZX. I have a few ?'s for all of those out there who have sold a boat recently. I have painstakingly(sp) upgraded things over the past few years of owner ship. I have done a guage facelift, billet accs, upgraded the drive and prop and the list goes on. The main ? I have is in regards to the Motor, It has a low hour ( 138 hr ) 500 EFI in it and it runs flawlessly, I have added a Pro Charger on it , M-3 SC fully polished w/ 504 intercooler. The install was done by me with help from Various pros in the marine engine field. Mark Boos did the EFI recal and set up stuff for it, as well as I upgraded the fuel system to boot. I have also gone the route of tuning it with an AFR meter and it is dialed in perfectly. Boat now runs an honest 82-85 MPH GPS and handles etremely well.
IMCO Shorty with XR upper etc, full dual ram hyd steering to the helm......

Boat is super clean a 9 out of 10.

I am considering removing the procharger and selling the boat seperate....or what are your thoughts on leaving it on and selling complete. It seems most will like it stock but will want more speed after a few trips out and do the upgrades them selves...So in essence I am saving them a bunch of cash and time by leaving it all together, Boat is dialed in extremely well, took a lot of time.

My dilemma is what to do.....what do you think?

Bryan
Old 08-22-2007, 02:41 PM
Registered

Location: Ocean Pines, Maryland. Wish I was at MANGOS in MIAMI!

Bryan, it sounds like you have a really nice boat. I can tell you that selling a boat is not fun or easy. In fact it's very stressful unless you have the right frame of mind and the right people involved.

I know this because I have made a habit of buying , costumizing and selling boats, not for financial gain but for fun.. or just no happy with what I had.

I have been told and have heard others say that do it that it's a sickness, any way,

I would not part out the boat unless you intend on placing stock power back in it.

Because of what you have done in modifications, it is going to take a knowledgable, savy buyer to realize what you have. You are in the right place to sell on OSO.

And there's other issues, cash buyer?, finance, insurance , surveys,transport etc.., etc..

The last boat I sold I went through a broker. It was still stressful. I found the buyer and he made it happen with finance and insurance resources.

It jormally costs 10% of selling price, but in this case since I found buyer and the selling price was not asking price the broker and I cut the commission down.

In the end I am glad I went through a broker, I have sold 2 boats with and two without in the last 6 years and the one's without were far more stressful.

Good luck

(Buying a bigger, faster boat ? it's a sickness)

Best of luck Tony
Old 08-22-2007, 02:50 PM
Registered

Thanks for the honest advice here on this. I am not in a hurry to sell and will be fine if I keep it , just looking at going another direction in the boating world, Performance CC for the growing family, if I have to keep it I will not be disapointed at all. So hopefully my patience in selling will work for my situation and all will be well.....I really love the boat I have it is just my wife thinks we need something more family friendly.

Thanks again

Bryan
Old 08-22-2007, 02:54 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another thing to consider is that a lot of people are very weary of blower motors. I am in the market to buy a boat, but am not looking at boats with blowers/chargers on them.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:55 PM
Registered

No problem Bryan, patience is definetly a big thing, you will get a lot of " hull kickers" that will frustrate the out of you.

And it gets too a point when you will either just sell it to the first real buyer or you will pull it all together.

You can also offer option in your advertising of removing superchager if buyer would like it that way.

Good choice on CC seems to be the way, I just sold my 37 Midnight CC cuddy for a 37 Midnight sport deck. I just gotta be different

Tony
Old 08-22-2007, 02:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Gladhe8er
Another thing to consider is that a lot of people are very weary of blower motors. I am in the market to buy a boat, but am not looking at boats with blowers/chargers on them.
And that is a very valid point, buyer will be concerned with engine life even if you remove blower.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Gladhe8er

I understand what you are saying here. I was the same way ......1 season in and it was not fast enough......then it was time to get serios about the power....you too will eventually change your mind.

Bryan
Old 08-22-2007, 03:07 PM
Registered

That's true, reason I went from triple's to quads