Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What is the worst single engine performance boat (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/166983-what-worst-single-engine-performance-boat.html)

Schweeng 08-25-2007 12:14 PM

29 Fountain... I thought "it" was over!!!!

As far as the Lavey NuEra post...I've had two of them. One with a single 500efi and currently a 29 with twin 500efi's. Flat or snotty water the boat runs true. Of course, snotty water is where is just blows anything away in its class.

CP

TeamSaris 08-25-2007 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by marylandmark (Post 2247477)
That with an almost 800HP on the back of it. I think it was more driver than boat- young and dumb enough to take it in the Chesapeake Bay to see what she had a couple of dozen times...

:D

Young Performance 08-25-2007 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by JLAY (Post 2246762)
Yes i am from the parish. :D My name is jason lay. That was my cousin tony's boat he bought from texas. He wanted to buy mine but at the time i did not want to get rid of it. I believe he still has the motor and all of the hardware, every time i see him i try to buy some of it.

Yep, that's the boat. It was a shame because he had spent a bunch of money on it and never got to use it. It hauled ass right before it came apart. The motor was strong. He was going to put all of the hardware in a new hull that concord would build. I don't know what happened, think he ran short on money.
I was born and raised in da parish. Moved to Na$hville after Katrina. Lived on Jean Lafitte and had chest deep water on the second floor. Not much left to stay for. Eddie.

CAPTAIN CHUCK 08-25-2007 01:39 PM

Another parish boy here... I moved to Slidell about a year and a half before Katrina and I am glad I did. My family and all my friends lost everything just like you guys. I always say and it never fails, wherever you go you always meet at least one person from Chalmette...:D The first time I saw your name Eddie, it rang a bell for some reason. Now I guess I know why. As far as crappy boats go...Hands down to SeaDoo boats. On flat water they are ok but in a 2 foot chop absolutely horrible!!!
I borrowed a friends a couple years back and we brought it to Destin. We rode for about 15 minutes and put it back on the trailer. I pulled it all the way to Destin for a 15 minute ride. That really sucked!!!

Chuck

Originally Posted by Young Performance (Post 2247526)
Yep, that's the boat. It was a shame because he had spent a bunch of money on it and never got to use it. It hauled ass right before it came apart. The motor was strong. He was going to put all of the hardware in a new hull that concord would build. I don't know what happened, think he ran short on money.
I was born and raised in da parish. Moved to Na$hville after Katrina. Lived on Jean Lafitte and had chest deep water on the second floor. Not much left to stay for. Eddie.

allfiredup 08-25-2007 06:56 PM

How about a late 80's 21 baja with a 600ci Roush Ford & King Cobra drive. It's Jack's personal tub-o-junk. From when Ford & OMC wanted to take on Merc. I used it twice I got it up to 85 & it started overheating & the chine walk started at 50 +/- & just got worse. Lucky for me it started getting hot I wasn't smart enough at the time to understand how close I was to losing control. It had plenty of power though.

Roger 1 08-25-2007 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine (Post 2247065)
Don't be a hater. Not eveyone is building a Cig, not yet anyways!:party-smiley-020:

Just talking about the one that I had Andy. It left a lot to be desired. I spent a lot of time re-doing things just so It could be used. The factory was no help. It went back there once and they made such a mess of it that I dedided that I'd best take care of the stuff myself.

AIR TIME 08-25-2007 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by allfiredup (Post 2247715)
How about a late 80's 21 baja with a 600ci Roush Ford & King Cobra drive. It's Jack's personal tub-o-junk. From when Ford & OMC wanted to take on Merc. I used it twice I got it up to 85 & it started overheating & the chine walk started at 50 +/- & just got worse. Lucky for me it started getting hot I wasn't smart enough at the time to understand how close I was to losing control. It had plenty of power though.

[like in the chine walk post] you have to drive or steer a boat through it, a friend owned a BAJA dealer ship so I have been in a lot of them back then are you sure it was not the 220 sport you were in they could be order with up to a 365 mag and went over 70 with no chine walk, hell my 24ol doesn't chine walk until 76 so I JUST STEER THROUGH IT:D in to the 80s well I will have full hdy steering for next yr its been in the basement for a yr:angry-smiley-044: why bother when they stolen everything else:angry-smiley-055: art, hey even OLs chine walk I was on the 1st one made:D

allfiredup 08-25-2007 11:43 PM

Might have been a 22 it was 20-23 ft. somewhere around there it was & still is an abortion boat cause of the power & drive set-up. Jack told me OMC got it to 90 something in testing drives to get them to live with big hp.

RJBBC 08-25-2007 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Roger 1 (Post 2247055)
Checkmate 259 Convincor. P.O.S.:mad:

Very interesting, I have one and like it. The only boat I have ever owned so I guess it is unfair for me to compare it to other boats. The boat does have a midrange porpoise and chine walks at WOT when trimmed for optimal speed. However I think the construction is solid and overall a good boat.

Magic Medicine 08-26-2007 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Roger 1 (Post 2247781)
Just talking about the one that I had Andy. It left a lot to be desired. I spent a lot of time re-doing things just so It could be used. The factory was no help. It went back there once and they made such a mess of it that I dedided that I'd best take care of the stuff myself.

No prob. Just bustin your stones. I have had good luck with both of the Checks that I owned!