What is the worst single engine performance boat

Notices

What is the worst single engine performance boat

Old 08-29-2007, 09:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RJBBC
Roger,
I went out to the lake yesterday to see if our motor mounts are through bolted to the stringers. They are and our boat came with a 454MAG from the factory. What year was your 259?
Mine was a 2000. I know that they got a lot of grief about doing that and may have changed it.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by Roger 1
Mine was a 2000. I know that they got a lot of grief about doing that and may have changed it.
I justed counted three different votes for Checkmate's 259 model. This is the wrong thread for the boat you own to be so popular, damn.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:35 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

I justed counted three different votes for Checkmate's 259 model. This is the wrong thread for the boat you own to be so popular, damn.
Doesn't matter what others think, Rob. If you are happy with your boat then there is nothing wrong with it. It looks and runs great. Yes, the hull has some nuances you have to get used to but as we know with enough seat time you figure out how to work around them. I've rode in way worse boats than yours. Let's get the Hydromotive on her this weekend and see how she performs!
Old 08-30-2007, 07:56 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BajaFresh
This one!
Is that Fred K. on one of those long term engine tests? All he needs is a porti-potty!!!!
Old 08-30-2007, 08:04 AM
Registered

I would worry about it either. Checkmate builds a solid boat peroid. I have seen many a brand of boat come apart and I mean come apart. Bottom line is you get what you pay for and some people are too dang picky.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:11 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine
Bottom line is you get what you pay for
If you DON'T pay for it, you definately don't get it.....If you DO pay for it, you MIGHT get it!
Old 08-30-2007, 08:27 AM
Registered

I'm not interested in winning any popularity contest. I just responded to a thread and related my personal experiences. When asked to explain, I elaborated and got more specific.
I'm glad that you are happy with your boat and I hope that it gives you many enjoyable hours, mine did'nt. I stand by my statements.

Roger Holmberg
Old 08-31-2007, 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by Roger 1
I'm not interested in winning any popularity contest. I just responded to a thread and related my personal experiences. When asked to explain, I elaborated and got more specific.
I'm glad that you are happy with your boat and I hope that it gives you many enjoyable hours, mine did'nt. I stand by my statements.

Roger Holmberg
Roger,
I appreciate you sharing your experiences. If our boat floats and runs I am having a good time. Perhaps I am a soft critic.
Rob
Old 08-31-2007, 08:03 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

No one likes to hear someone else call their boat "the worst handling boat they have ever driven" but I wouldn't take it personal. My 2000 baja 272 was a rattling,ill handling pos until I pulled the gas tank cover,actually mounted the gas tank to the stringers where the factory screws totally missed,re-inforced the cover,re-mounted the bolsters (the hard ware was falling out), changed the engine mounts,added twin ram full hydraulic steering,had several pieces of trim re-glassed and mounted to the boat after they fell off,re-mounted the cabin door latch that had fell off,made new trim tabs and re-rigged some pretty sloppy wiring that was miles too long. There are lots of other things I'm not even going into,the dealer was ZERO help.Other Baja owners get quite pizzed when I talk about how mediocre the quality control and rigging is but I tell it like it is when asked. Now the boat is a O/K handling,over-powered typical mid 20 foot boat, I have learned to put up with its downfalls and am somewhat pleased with it,Smitty

Last edited by articfriends; 08-31-2007 at 08:05 AM.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:06 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Does anyone have any first hand input on the 28 Challenger?

Quick Reply: What is the worst single engine performance boat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.