Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   38 Top Gun (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/167007-38-top-gun.html)

Triton 08-23-2007 09:30 PM

38 Top Gun -- Missing

2 Attachment(s)
I am looking for the following boat. It was formerly owned by Chris Prouty in California. He no longer owns the boat and does not know the story behind -- please don't contact him about this. I am offering a reward of $5,000 for information leading to the arrest of this boat. Send me a message and I will get back with you. Thanks

BajaFresh 08-23-2007 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Triton (Post 2246013)
I am offering a reward of $5,000 for information leading to the arrest of this boat.

What did the boat do? :D

Are you sure Chris owned this boat? I think you may be mistaken.

Schweeng 08-23-2007 10:51 PM

Fresh...I owned it for 6 months or so. Had to sell it as I was a two boat owner (Lavey Craft didn't sell)....

I sure hope someone can help Triton out.

Chris Prouty

Semper Fi 08-23-2007 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Schweeng (Post 2246089)
Fresh...I owned it for 6 months or so. Had to sell it as I was a two boat owner (Lavey Craft didn't sell)....

Chris Prouty

That was a nice 'Gun Chris! Hope everything works out ok!!

BajaFresh 08-23-2007 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by Schweeng (Post 2246089)

Chris Prouty

Hey Chris,

Never saw that one. Looks nice. I thought you had the one with the eagle on the side.

jeff32 08-24-2007 01:53 AM

why the reward?

Jupiter Sunsation 08-24-2007 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by jeff32 (Post 2246157)
why the reward?

Triton, as a registered member you cannot get messages.

How do you arrest a boat?

This sounds more like a repoman that can't find a boat hence the 5K.

damdonzi 08-24-2007 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by Triton (Post 2246013)
I am looking for the following boat. It was formerly owned by Chris Prouty in California. He no longer owns the boat and does not know the story behind -- please don't contact him about this. I am offering a reward of $5,000 for information leading to the arrest of this boat. Send me a message and I will get back with you. Thanks

"Please don't tell anyone", on a public message board, with thousands of viewers, and no personal contact information.

Huh?

thunderusone 08-24-2007 08:06 AM

This guy is a retard.

THEJOKER 08-24-2007 08:29 AM

That boat must of done something bad , spin out maybe?

Roger 1 08-24-2007 08:47 AM

Check to see if a plug wire has come off. That will cause a miss. I still don't see it as cause to have the whole boat taken into custody.

egrus 08-24-2007 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by damdonzi (Post 2246308)
"Please don't tell anyone", on a public message board, with thousands of viewers, and no personal contact information.

Huh?

LOL - True...

Triton, If your looking for help you need to leave contact information, etc. This boat could be sitting in my front yard and I wouldn't be able to tell you about it.

:angry-smiley-044:

MikaylaHunterCig 08-24-2007 10:21 AM

Whats the story ?

That was a really nice TG !

Dave

Triton 08-24-2007 10:26 AM

I spoke with Chris -- and he was worried about getting a ton of messages personally about what was going on.

Bottom Line -- this boat was stolen and am trying to recover it.

I know it seems vague, but due to the legal system I can't go into all of the details. By the way "Arrest" is the term used instead of "recover".

All I am asking for is some help in finding this boat.

Sorry if I offended anyone.

runafever 08-24-2007 11:47 AM

Bring her home!

Chris Sunkin 08-24-2007 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Triton (Post 2246454)
I know it seems vague, but due to the legal system I can't go into all of the details.

Now THAT makes this whole thing sound alot less fishy!

J-Bonz 08-24-2007 02:13 PM

Was the boat named "Rice Hauler"............. Dohhhhh.........

pm203 08-24-2007 02:29 PM

[QUOTE=Triton;2246454] By the way "Arrest" is the term used instead of "recover".

That is why banks want their boats documented. The Coast Guard can go anywhere in the world and "arrest" a boat.

BajaRunner 08-24-2007 03:54 PM

I should do a citizens arrest for a couple of weeks, then give it back:party-smiley-048: :party-smiley-048:

Schweeng 08-27-2007 08:39 AM

Triton - was anyone helpful???

PhantomChaos 08-27-2007 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Schweeng (Post 2248824)
Triton - was anyone helpful???

Helpful on OSO? Come on Chris! :) :party-smiley-020:

IDRPSTF 08-27-2007 05:26 PM

If by helpfull you mean posting things like "This guy is a retard" for the fact that he has used the correct terms like "Arrest" which is what it is called when a boat is commandeered. Or when he plain as day asked that you not be contacted about the boat.
Little less comedy... little more help guys. Things like this happen and all of our insurance goes up!
How about questions like where and when EXACTLY was the boat last seen? Whom was it with? What power should we be looking for cheep on the open market? Anything distinguishing about the boats interior that may be harder to change than just a paint job?

Triton 08-28-2007 06:12 AM

38 Top Gun Still Missing

Chris,
No one has really came up with anything yet. I appreciate you suggesting to post something here. Hopefully it will show up somewhere.

Thanks again

cosmic12 08-28-2007 06:28 AM

I hope things work out for ya. Where was it taken? When? I feel your pain on the no info coming from here. I posted in the stolen boats threads for a friend about a 35 Fountian / trailer/ and the truck a while back and there has been not one comment. At least I didn't get slammed. Good luck, this chit sucks and these A-holes need to be stopped somehow

Jupiter Sunsation 08-28-2007 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by cosmic12 (Post 2250416)
I hope things work out for ya. Where was it taken? When? I feel your pain on the no info coming from here. I posted in the stolen boats threads for a friend about a 35 Fountian / trailer/ and the truck a while back and there has been not one comment. At least I didn't get slammed. Good luck, this chit sucks and these A-holes need to be stopped somehow

This is more of a repo deal than a boat theft. The least an OSO brother can do is let the guy finish up the summer crusing in style, then collect the 5K in October when most of the country's boating season is over. Then the bank can hold the boat all winter and give an OSO'r a great deal on a used/repo'd TS TG.

ciaoderhead 08-28-2007 07:25 AM

I thought this boat went to Chicago area when Chris sold it. Triton, was it stolen or are you trying to repo it?:signs069:

Jupiter Sunsation 08-28-2007 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by ciaoderhead (Post 2250466)
I thought this boat went to Chicago area when Chris sold it. Triton, was it stolen or are you trying to repo it?:signs069:

From Triton: Bottom Line -- this boat was stolen and am trying to recover it.

I know it seems vague, but due to the legal system I can't go into all of the details. By the way "Arrest" is the term used instead of "recover".

All I am asking for is some help in finding this boat.

Post #14 gave me the repo impression. Cops recover stolen property, repo men recover things that are not paid for.

jmeng 08-28-2007 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation (Post 2250419)
This is more of a repo deal than a boat theft. The least an OSO brother can do is let the guy finish up the summer crusing in style, then collect the 5K in October when most of the country's boating season is over. Then the bank can hold the boat all winter and give an OSO'r a great deal on a used/repo'd TS TG.

You're joking right?

Jupiter Sunsation 08-28-2007 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by jmeng (Post 2250557)
You're joking right?

if an actual theft against owners wishes: yes joking

if a repo: let the guy have a few more rides because he won't have another TS TG anytime soon with a big $$ repo on his credit report! :D This would be an appropriate place to use the "drive it like you stole it line!"

I get the feeling it is a repo, with the recovery term used and the post regarding the court complicated matters. If it was an actual theft they would have listed the place it was taken from, time, date etc.

jmeng 08-28-2007 08:53 AM

If the owner can't afford to pay the note he damn sure shouldn't be spending money on gas. I have a hard time feeling sorry for someone who doesn't pay his bills. Just my opinion though...

Chris Sunkin 08-28-2007 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation (Post 2250568)
if a repo: let the guy have a few more rides because he won't have another TS TG anytime soon with a big $$ repo on his credit report! :D This would be an appropriate place to use the "drive it like you stole it line!"

You apparently aren't in the banking business. If he'd have borrowed the money from you, you'd want to lynch him in the nearest tree for thoroughly screwing you.

Jupiter Sunsation 08-28-2007 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin (Post 2250590)
You apparently aren't in the banking business. If he'd have borrowed the money from you, you'd want to lynch him in the nearest tree for thoroughly screwing you.

Ha, you are 100% right on that one. I just think of a guy with no money looking to have one last ride before the boat is taken away. His life probably sucks already so why not have one good summer to remember.

There will be a lot more stories like this as the housing market falls apart, causing slowdowns in whole industries. I know of a 55 Sea Ray that is going back if it doesn't sell shortly. Guy is a builder with 8 million in inventory that was sold when it was built and the buyers evaporated. He got to keep about 500K in deposits but that money is getting spent rapidly due to carrying costs. He is a good guy getting crunched by the slowdown.

A warehouse development I sold out of last year now has 40% of its newly completed units for sale. The buyers fled high ownership costs/ maintenance and builder got stuck with lots of inventory. When I sold my warehouse it was the only one for sale, now there are 30!

Boats are just going to be the first thing to be let go in the long chain of financially coming unravelled.

Chris Sunkin 08-28-2007 09:15 AM

http://www.admiraltylawguide.com/conven/arrest1999.html

While technically and grammatically correct, it may be a poor choice of words if the majority of the recipients don't recognize it as such.

As far as a new guy coming on here, claiming to speak for others with a nebulous explanation seeking assistance locating a boat and using explanations such as "I know it seems vague, but due to the legal system I can't go into all of the details", He probably go as much as he could ever expect.

Chris Sunkin 08-28-2007 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation (Post 2250610)
Ha, you are 100% right on that one. I just think of a guy with no money looking to have one last ride before the boat is taken away. His life probably sucks already so why not have one good summer to remember.

Typically that's not what happens. More often than not, the boat is either getting beat up or stripped of it's running gear which is being sold off so the deadbeat can scrape up a few extra bucks. The banks typically can't recover these shortfalls from their bust-outs so guess who pays the freight? You 'n me, my friend. Just like the drunken boater who centepunches a cruiser full of kiddies in the dark, that gets tacked onto my insurance renewal.

Schweeng 08-28-2007 09:36 AM

Matt - good points. Here is what I know.

Jeff Murray had the boat at his house (Southern California) - holding it there for the owner. The new owner is from IL. His buddy runs a 46 Cig in Chicago. I hear there is a "problem" with that boat as well.

Jeff - what was the date it went missing from your front yard?

The boat had 525's with ITS Xr's. Props were lab Bronson Hill 32's.

Rear seats were new style while front seats were "old" style.

Trailer was a Myco Aluminum - trailer stamp indicates "36". Trailer originally made for a Gladiator.

That's it for what I know.

Triton....up the reward. Money gets people talking.

Chris

ciaoderhead 08-28-2007 09:49 AM

Hey Chris,

Hopefully you got your money out of the deal.

Schweeng 08-28-2007 09:57 AM

I'm good.

CP

PhantomChaos 08-28-2007 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Schweeng (Post 2250655)
Matt - good points. Here is what I know.

Jeff Murray had the boat at his house (Southern California) - holding it there for the owner. The new owner is from IL. His buddy runs a 46 Cig in Chicago. I hear there is a "problem" with that boat as well.

Jeff - what was the date it went missing from your front yard?

The boat had 525's with ITS Xr's. Props were lab Bronson Hill 32's.

Rear seats were new style while front seats were "old" style.

Trailer was a Myco Aluminum - trailer stamp indicates "36". Trailer originally made for a Gladiator.

That's it for what I know.

Triton....up the reward. Money gets people talking.

Chris

I though all Cig seat were old style..... :D So, the boat was stolen from Jeff's yard? :angry-smiley-044:

bgchuby01 08-28-2007 11:29 AM

PM me with your phone number

IDRPSTF 08-28-2007 04:38 PM

Triton,
714/269-0066 Keith
When rewards are involved, this is who insurance companies call for results. Give him a call and I am sure he can help. I consulted with him about protecting my dealership when it comes to these matters. He had some innovative ideas that I hope will never come in handy!

Best of luck in your search.