Like Tree0Likes

Ottawa County Sheriff on the loose

Reply
Old 08-27-2007, 02:52 AM
  #11
Registered
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Wi.
My Boats: 2000 42 Lightning
Posts: 486
Default

Well I guess this is the new way to make revenue I sure hope the trend goes away fast...
satisfied1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 07:30 AM
  #12
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
Nykamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Grand Haven Mich.
My Boats: 1989 41 Apache
Posts: 2,144
Default

They are wrecking boating over here. *ssclown Dykhouse is the one that pulled me over last year, didn't put out an fenders, handed my wife a fender wipe for a line and said hang on while he rammed the DB gun up my pipes. I finally told him he could write me up for what ever he wanted if he would just meet me at the ramp. This was only after he almost drifted us into a dock and shore. He has ruined fuel sales for many marinas and dockage, as now many out of town vistors no longer come to our town. Nice job, and michigan is doing so well as it is, thanks.
Nykamp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 07:57 AM
  #13
Registered
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: key west,fl
My Boats: 27 monza, eggbeaters, no seats
Posts: 1,410
Default

next time everyone fire up at the same time,or just leave em all idling when they show up.
BOBCATMATHEWS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 08:44 PM
  #14
Registered
 
Playn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: BRENTWOOD, TN
Posts: 4,367
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nykamp View Post
He has ruined fuel sales for many marinas and dockage, as now many out of town vistors no longer come to our town. Nice job, and michigan is doing so well as it is, thanks.
I know Grand Haven is a nice area but there is no way I'm putting up with the hassle factor. To he!! with them, I'll boat elsewhere. You'd think these clowns would be kissing your azz for spending money there. Just what Michigan needs...egotistical cops driving tourists away along with the jobs
Playn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 09:57 PM
  #15
Registered
Trade Score: (1)
 
JimV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Grand Rapids Mi. U.S.
My Boats: 27' Fountain
Posts: 708
Default

Nobody b1tches about the noise when the poker runners and their money come to town. God Bless the kids from Make a Wish but doesn't it make more sense to put the money back in the boating community?
JimV is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 10:01 PM
  #16
Registered
 
boatme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Spring Lake, Michigan
My Boats: Sold the Cig
Posts: 4,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimV View Post
Nobody b1tches about the noise when the poker runners and their money come to town. God Bless the kids from Make a Wish but doesn't it make more sense to put the money back in the boating community?

That is because we secure permits for that week to allow the noise for a few days during the event

No difference then getting a variance to block off a street for a car show except we have to do our diligence to make sure it applies to the entire area we cover during the event which icovers many countys
boatme is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 06:20 PM
  #17
Registered
 
Ratickle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: West Michigan
My Boats: 43' Black Thunder, 39' Scorpion, 24' Empress, 10' Bonanza
Posts: 833
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nykamp View Post
They are wrecking boating over here. *ssclown Dykhouse is the one that pulled me over last year, didn't put out an fenders, handed my wife a fender wipe for a line and said hang on while he rammed the DB gun up my pipes. I finally told him he could write me up for what ever he wanted if he would just meet me at the ramp. This was only after he almost drifted us into a dock and shore. He has ruined fuel sales for many marinas and dockage, as now many out of town vistors no longer come to our town. Nice job, and michigan is doing so well as it is, thanks.
What if everyone started carrying a video cam in their boats with sound and video'd the entire test? If you went to court with that and the SAE test requirements, could you lose? Would you also be able to counter with a reckless endangerment issue? Attorney's on here?
Ratickle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 06:50 PM
  #18
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Harrison twp. MI
My Boats: 33 PowerPlay
Posts: 297
Default

Check out the "other" site (SW) they have a long thread about this issue and were identified in the news article in GH!
SUNSATION 25 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 08:50 PM
  #19
POWERSTROKE
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Gun Lake, MI
My Boats: 42 fountain
Posts: 76
Default

Grand Haven can kiss my azz. I will spend my money other places Where I do not get hasseled
POWERSTROKE is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 11:48 PM
  #20
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Indianapolis
My Boats: 86 Cobalt 269 Condurre t/454's
Posts: 49
Default

TOTAL BS!!!!!!!!!!!

Why dont they spend their thime looking for HARLEY's to bust... Such DOUBLE STANDARD

Ahole cops with nothing better to do......
fastboat269 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
bluellama
Poker Runs and Boating Events
8
08-27-2008 06:11 PM
HaxbySpeed
General Boating Discussion
2
07-04-2008 08:47 AM
GLH
General Boating Discussion
1
09-05-2003 12:24 AM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:14 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.