Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Ottawa County Sheriff on the loose >

Ottawa County Sheriff on the loose

Notices

Ottawa County Sheriff on the loose

Old 08-27-2007, 01:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I guess this is the new way to make revenue I sure hope the trend goes away fast...
Old 08-27-2007, 06:30 AM
Registered

Received 97 Likes on 41 Posts

They are wrecking boating over here. *ssclown Dykhouse is the one that pulled me over last year, didn't put out an fenders, handed my wife a fender wipe for a line and said hang on while he rammed the DB gun up my pipes. I finally told him he could write me up for what ever he wanted if he would just meet me at the ramp. This was only after he almost drifted us into a dock and shore. He has ruined fuel sales for many marinas and dockage, as now many out of town vistors no longer come to our town. Nice job, and michigan is doing so well as it is, thanks.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:57 AM
Registered

next time everyone fire up at the same time,or just leave em all idling when they show up.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nykamp
He has ruined fuel sales for many marinas and dockage, as now many out of town vistors no longer come to our town. Nice job, and michigan is doing so well as it is, thanks.
I know Grand Haven is a nice area but there is no way I'm putting up with the hassle factor. To he!! with them, I'll boat elsewhere. You'd think these clowns would be kissing your azz for spending money there. Just what Michigan needs...egotistical cops driving tourists away along with the jobs
Old 08-27-2007, 08:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nobody b1tches about the noise when the poker runners and their money come to town. God Bless the kids from Make a Wish but doesn't it make more sense to put the money back in the boating community?
Old 08-27-2007, 09:01 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JimV
Nobody b1tches about the noise when the poker runners and their money come to town. God Bless the kids from Make a Wish but doesn't it make more sense to put the money back in the boating community?

That is because we secure permits for that week to allow the noise for a few days during the event

No difference then getting a variance to block off a street for a car show except we have to do our diligence to make sure it applies to the entire area we cover during the event which icovers many countys
Old 08-31-2007, 05:20 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Nykamp
They are wrecking boating over here. *ssclown Dykhouse is the one that pulled me over last year, didn't put out an fenders, handed my wife a fender wipe for a line and said hang on while he rammed the DB gun up my pipes. I finally told him he could write me up for what ever he wanted if he would just meet me at the ramp. This was only after he almost drifted us into a dock and shore. He has ruined fuel sales for many marinas and dockage, as now many out of town vistors no longer come to our town. Nice job, and michigan is doing so well as it is, thanks.
What if everyone started carrying a video cam in their boats with sound and video'd the entire test? If you went to court with that and the SAE test requirements, could you lose? Would you also be able to counter with a reckless endangerment issue? Attorney's on here?
Old 08-31-2007, 05:50 PM
Registered

Check out the "other" site (SW) they have a long thread about this issue and were identified in the news article in GH!
Old 08-31-2007, 07:50 PM
POWERSTROKE
VIP Member

Grand Haven can kiss my azz. I will spend my money other places Where I do not get hasseled
Old 08-31-2007, 10:48 PM
Registered

TOTAL BS!!!!!!!!!!!

Why dont they spend their thime looking for HARLEY's to bust... Such DOUBLE STANDARD

Ahole cops with nothing better to do......

Quick Reply: Ottawa County Sheriff on the loose

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.