Registered

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks guys.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:32 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tripps
Hey, i got a bravo with a cone and a 2005 gimble out of a 31 CORSA i got everything,goin ob those guys are right,big power,a bravo might not last,but the one i have is a xr a 1.5 gear,my buddy went from a bravo on a 30 superboat with a 540 went 85 easy,but had some drive issues,mostly the uppers,with that crappy cone clutch deal,went to a drive with a bw 72 and lost alot of speed ,the conrad would be good but weigh the cost of a conrad vrs 5 or 8 uppers of a bravo,and if u are a mechanic,u can change the cone clutch. take it easy and maybe it will live,but those trs drives are pretty tough and can handle alot of power!!! pm me if u are intrested in the bravo i have tripps
TRS single CANNOT handle over 550hp. TRS in latin is PFE, which stands for Pure Farm Equipment!! I'm on #5 in four seasons, 60 hours is the most I can get, and that's not "letting it all hang out" --- so far, it hasn't really cost me anything, just trading parts, doing my own work, but it's a pain in "A" getting towed.

If you want to go fast in that boat (over 65mph) then:

some drive issues?? hellllo......5 or 6 Bravo uppers?? Weigh the cost? I guess you and your boating buddys/guests time ain't worth much, huh. My weekends are worth a fortune to me. Sell the wifes car, cancel the kids college, mortgage the shed, something, geezzz........ get a drive that will hold - trust me, breaking drives $uck$ A$$ - I rather be "turnin' props", not wrenches. I'm barely at 600hp now, hoping to go to 700 next, but won't even consider ANY type of Bravo, even at 600hp, even if it has all them thar "billet wershers and polished shafts". I left one sitting in my shed for 4 years (held up great behind 480hp and a 3,000lb 24'er) while I blew up TRS's because I knew it wasn't worth the conversion - even traded it for TRS just so I could not miss a weekend, finish the summer, and finally make it to my Konrad conversion this winter (which I still cannot afford, but am doing it anyway, becasue I like boating, not working on boats). Why would you want to go through all that re-rigging, knowing you're setting yourself up for failure?!! I would think the bagillions of bravo gearsets sold would tell the story..........................

I just can't figure out why everyone thinks "thier" bravo story will be different.............I'm no expert, but the tons of info is out there............

Of course, if you just want to get it running, take it easy and cruise around, maybe go fishing once and while, pull a tube for the kids, then forget everything I just said, my bad
Old 09-04-2007, 07:51 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

So,does any body want the bravo set up??? got everything, gimble transom plate,oil tank sterring setup,tripps
Old 09-04-2007, 08:51 PM
Registered

Talking

Hang Time, I made the TRS to Bravo conversion in my 27 Excalibur. Running 81 GPS with no problems so far. Maybe your having some sort of operator error
Old 09-05-2007, 08:45 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hang Time 27
TRS single CANNOT handle over 550hp. TRS in latin is PFE, which stands for Pure Farm Equipment!! I'm on #5 in four seasons, 60 hours is the most I can get, and that's not "letting it all hang out" --- so far, it hasn't really cost me anything, just trading parts, doing my own work, but it's a pain in "A" getting towed.

If you want to go fast in that boat (over 65mph) then:

some drive issues?? hellllo......5 or 6 Bravo uppers?? Weigh the cost? I guess you and your boating buddys/guests time ain't worth much, huh. My weekends are worth a fortune to me. Sell the wifes car, cancel the kids college, mortgage the shed, something, geezzz........ get a drive that will hold - trust me, breaking drives $uck$ A$$ - I rather be "turnin' props", not wrenches. I'm barely at 600hp now, hoping to go to 700 next, but won't even consider ANY type of Bravo, even at 600hp, even if it has all them thar "billet wershers and polished shafts". I left one sitting in my shed for 4 years (held up great behind 480hp and a 3,000lb 24'er) while I blew up TRS's because I knew it wasn't worth the conversion - even traded it for TRS just so I could not miss a weekend, finish the summer, and finally make it to my Konrad conversion this winter (which I still cannot afford, but am doing it anyway, becasue I like boating, not working on boats). Why would you want to go through all that re-rigging, knowing you're setting yourself up for failure?!! I would think the bagillions of bravo gearsets sold would tell the story..........................

I just can't figure out why everyone thinks "thier" bravo story will be different.............I'm no expert, but the tons of info is out there............

Of course, if you just want to get it running, take it easy and cruise around, maybe go fishing once and while, pull a tube for the kids, then forget everything I just said, my bad
I dont know, 4 years of racing, and not off the boat yet???

its all in the throttle hand.
Attached Thumbnails New Project: 26 Corsa-kean1.jpg  
Old 09-05-2007, 08:48 PM
Registered

love that pic
Old 09-05-2007, 08:54 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

Not taking sides but bravos scare me too............
Old 09-05-2007, 09:09 PM
Registered

My 26 Corsa runs 72 with a bravo and a 496ho I have full hyd. steering and looking for a used stellings box. I will probly have to do some fab work also to get my rams to work with the box but from talking with Steve M. It should be good for close to 80mph. I have been up in the air lately about selling it and everyone who I have talked to about it talks me out of it. The more time I spend in it the more I want to keep it. I am going to run LC poker run this weekend and can't wait these boats love the rough stuff and will take just about anything you have balls enough to throttle thru. Great project boat keep us updated.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:23 PM
Registered

Muffman thanks for the post. I was thinking a box also...that mph increase is impressive. I got a question for you. How long is your gas tank? Does it extend into the cabin? I want to take mine out and check it, but not if its gonna be a major pain. It would just help me sleep better at night.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:41 PM
Registered

jdub,

Yes my fuel tank does extend into the cabin. You would either have to seperate the top have of the boat or do some major cutting and glass work. If your just wanting to check your tank I suggest buying a cheap fiber optic boroscope on ebay then remove your sending unit and inspect it that way. I have a friend that has a 340 Searay and he had a leak in his fresh water tank which was also aluminum. My boroscope worked great and I was able to find the leak with the scope. Anyway I think this would be a good alernative to just pulling it out to check it. By the way my tank holds about 80 gal of fuel.

Alex

Quick Reply: New Project: 26 Corsa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.