Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Offshore Boats Do's And Don't (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/167163-offshore-boats-dos-dont.html)

Tom A. 08-27-2007 11:09 AM

A good raft up should have cruisers and C/C's to anchor the party!:party-smiley-020:
You need the room to move, refrigerator/ice machine and a real bathroom for the ladies!

:ernaehrung004: No Sailboats Allowed!:boat:

J.B. Marshall 08-27-2007 11:40 AM

We always raft up with friends no matter what type of boat and rafting up to new folks is determined by the type of person you are. Only experienced one time where I did not except because the guy was so arrogant to us as were getting ready to pull him in by his lines and I got pissed at his comments about my boat and tossed his line back and said find another guy to raft up to. His wife or girlfriend started *****ing :angry-smiley-055: at him and we all started to laugh and he continued on his way.

Rafting up on weekends is what boating is all about.
:party-smiley-020:

mikebrls 08-27-2007 03:37 PM

THIS IS WHAT I LIKE THE HEAR . JUST HAVE FUN ON THE WATER WITH EVERYONE THAT WANT'S TO HAVE FUN AND LEAVE THE EGO MAINACS BEHIND :)
:party-smiley-020:

Panther 08-27-2007 03:41 PM

Who cares what boat, it's all about havin fun with friends!!

Strip Poker 388 08-27-2007 04:30 PM

If the water has a little chop I want let anything less that 25foot or light weight boat tie up next to me or me tie up next to them .They will be bouncing/rocking too much.

Our lake here there is only 3 sport type boats like mine so I tie up to 90% cruisers/SeaRays,the more the better,its all about fun and making new friends:party-smiley-020:

RJ1340 08-27-2007 10:24 PM

Mike,
Its not a problem that you ask questions just so you can answer them, but at least turn off the CAPS LOCK and have someone edit your posts for spelling and grammar.

mikebrls 08-28-2007 06:36 AM

THERE'S ALWAY'S A SMART A$$ :angry-smiley-044:
:
I GUESS YOUR ONE OF A FEW THAT IS TO GOOD TO RAFT UP TO OTHER BOAT'S OTHER THEN PERFORMANCE BOAT'S BUT YOUR NOT MAN ENOUGH TO SAY IT . SO YOU HAVE TO TRY TO RIP MY SPELLING APART . OWELL IT DOESN'T BOTHER ME ONE BIT . :)
HAVE A NICE DAY

fabricator 08-28-2007 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by mikebrls (Post 2250420)
THERE'S ALWAY'S A SMART A$$ :angry-smiley-044:
:
I GUESS YOUR ONE OF A FEW THAT IS TO GOOD TO RAFT UP TO OTHER BOAT'S OTHER THEN PERFORMANCE BOAT'S BUT YOUR NOT MAN ENOUGH TO SAY IT . SO YOU HAVE TO TRY TO RIP MY SPELLING APART . OWELL IT DOESN'T BOTHER ME ONE BIT . :)
HAVE A NICE DAY

Mike, it's considered to be shouting when you type with your cap locks on. Also, it's a lot harder to read..... (at least for us old farts) RJ1340 wasn't trying to be disrespectful, I would guess many others wanted to tell you the same thing but just didn't.......... no worries, we're all here to learn and share.:D

kennyo 08-28-2007 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by RJ1340 (Post 2250202)
Mike,
Its not a problem that you ask questions just so you can answer them, but at least turn off the CAPS LOCK and have someone edit your posts for spelling and grammar.

THank you God, he was making my ears bleed!

rangerrick63 08-28-2007 09:42 AM

I have to say, this is my first season in a "performance boat", & I've had more fun this year, than all my seasons boating. My wife & I have met some of the nicest folks. I suppose all my years of boating, I've always looked at "performance boat" folks, as "unapproachable". I'll be the first to admit when I'm wrong, & boy am I wrong about that. My very first outing (Pensacola Air Show), we left running with about a dozen boats, most of them bigger & faster, so they got there first. As we were pulling up, those same folks were in the water & waiting on us. As soon as we got close to the shore, they had us shut the engine, & they grabbed the boat & walked us in & got us tied off. I was quite impressed, especially when a 47 Fountain tied up next to me, I was amazed just learning how to properly "raft up". I never thought it would work, but the time spent doing it correctly, definetly prevented any possible damage. I also liked the fact that eveybody looks out for each others boats.
One final observation that I had....I am retired from the Navy, & I've been to many, many gatherings when alcohol was being consumed. It never failed, there is always someone who can't control their liquor, & they want to start something....with anyone....But, with all the events I've been to this year while boating, I've not seen one person with this problem, & that is what definetly helps make a great day of boating....
So to all you folks who welcome everyone, "regardless" of boat, or anything else.....I thank you for a fantastic boating season & I do look forward to many more....