Like Tree0Likes

30' o/b Cat owners chime in please!

Reply
Old 08-30-2007, 09:06 AM
  #11
Registered
 
Gladhe8er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfield, CT
My Boats: 2005 Active Thunder 28
Posts: 3,693
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowenCT View Post
I have not. And that brings me to this; if there are any owners out there in the CT/L.I./Northern Jersey area willing to take a me out, I would pay for lunch and gas!!!


Thanks everyone for the replies.......keep them coming!!!
There are a few of them around here in LI sound, but not a ton. My friend has a 32 Skater with I/O's and I have ridden in a 28 Skater with OB's....completely different animals. You will love the ride in one of these OB powered boats.
Gladhe8er is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 09:10 AM
  #12
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dallas, Tx
My Boats: 55 MTI, 50 Scarab, 40 Skater
Posts: 47
Default

insurance is going to run you about 2% of the value of the boat, higher in a cat if you have no experience,

if i was a first time buyer would stay way from anything with a tunnel tab, has caused a lot of hooks and rolls, only picks up a couple mph,
jax55 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 09:13 AM
  #13
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member
 
T2x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Granite Quarry, NC
My Boats: 1966 !8' Switzer Wing "Miss Diablo" 1968 Switzer Wing "Dust'n the Wind 2",, 1960 Powercat 15C , 1977 17' Molinari w/Evinrude CCC
Posts: 5,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowenCT View Post
I have not. And that brings me to this; if there are any owners out there in the CT/L.I./Northern Jersey area willing to take a me out, I would pay for lunch and gas!!!


Thanks everyone for the replies.......keep them coming!!!
Contact East Coast Marine for a ride............. (631) 422-7997.

Joey Imprescia (multi time Offshore World and National Champion THrottleman) will set you up. He can also service and set up any OB cat and assure you of max performance from your ride. He is without doubt the best guy for this in the area.

T2x
T2x is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 09:23 AM
  #14
Registered
VIP Member
 
berns29scarab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Brick, NJ
Posts: 6,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2x View Post
Contact East Coast Marine for a ride............. (631) 422-7997.

Joey Imprescia (multi time Offshore World and National Champion THrottleman) will set you up. He can also service and set up any OB cat and assure you of max performance from your ride. He is without doubt the best guy for this in the area.

T2x

What he said !! I had 3 perf boats before i bought my 1998 30 spectre with 2003 300x's. I owned a couple 18-20 checkmates and baja's, a 22 Avanti, 29 twin small block scarab then purchased my spectre...the spectre was the best bang for the buck 1 could imagine. was a 107mph boat in magnificent condition on a trailer for under $80k. ran the boat for 2 seasons, awseome lake bay boat and loved 1-2 ft chop...i live in Jersey and had it in the ocean on numerous occasions.
berns29scarab is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 09:46 AM
  #15
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: miami fla.
My Boats: Avance
Posts: 1,549
Default

I think the 30 ob cat is a perfect reliable boat....I had never owned a cat or a boat that ran these speeds till I got my Spectre and all I can say is that if it wasnt for my new boat I would not have it for sale becuase there is no other boat that you could run wide open (run these speeds), take passengers, run in rough conditions and be in the water every weekend without any grease on your hands and to me thats priceless....here is a link to my add if your interested....

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o18309-en.html
Attached Thumbnails
30' o/b Cat owners chime in please!-andy-cat-small.jpg  

Last edited by lowblue320; 08-30-2007 at 09:49 AM.
lowblue320 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 10:05 AM
  #16
Registered
 
dreamboater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Southern Maryland
My Boats: 2000 28 Skater
Posts: 1,234
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowblue320 View Post
I think the 30 ob cat is a perfect reliable boat....I had never owned a cat or a boat that ran these speeds till I got my Spectre and all I can say is that if it wasnt for my new boat I would not have it for sale becuase there is no other boat that you could run wide open (run these speeds), take passengers, run in rough conditions and be in the water every weekend without any grease on your hands and to me thats priceless....here is a link to my add if your interested....

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o18309-en.html
That boat was originally for sale right after I purchased my 28, gorgeous boat. How fast does it run with the promax's?
dreamboater is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 10:09 AM
  #17
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: miami fla.
My Boats: Avance
Posts: 1,549
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamboater View Post
That boat was originally for sale right after I purchased my 28, gorgeous boat. How fast does it run with the promax's?
best Ive seen is 102-103 but the motors could go higher.......
lowblue320 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 10:56 AM
  #18
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
AppSysCons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Port Charlotte, FL
My Boats: CURR: 230LX, PREV:2007 30 Skater, 2003 36 Skater,1998 37 OuterLimits, B-Class race 28 Magnum
Posts: 2,116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax55 View Post
insurance is going to run you about 2% of the value of the boat, higher in a cat if you have no experience,

if i was a first time buyer would stay way from anything with a tunnel tab, has caused a lot of hooks and rolls, only picks up a couple mph,
Insurance on my 2007 30 Skater T/300xs is about 4.5% of the value, and I have 20+ years of extreme high performance boating experience and 10 years experience as a professional offshore race driver.
AppSysCons is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 10:56 AM
  #19
Registered
 
LostinBoston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 1,544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowenCT View Post
I have not. And that brings me to this; if there are any owners out there in the CT/L.I./Northern Jersey area willing to take a me out, I would pay for lunch and gas!!!


Thanks everyone for the replies.......keep them coming!!!
I am in NYC, but my boat is not. If you get something though id be happy to run it around with you.

I highly recomend taking the Tres Martin course BEFORE buying anything. It will give you a much better idea what to look for. I also dont think a 100+ mph cat is a great first performance boat. Get a cheaper straight bottom V with some OB's to tool around in for a year.
LostinBoston is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 11:13 AM
  #20
Registered
VIP Member
 
berns29scarab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Brick, NJ
Posts: 6,969
Default

insurance on cats seems to run between 3-6% of the insured value...
berns29scarab is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
BowenCT
General Boating Discussion
9
06-18-2008 09:53 AM
JKK
Awesome
12
08-16-2007 09:56 PM
Maritime_Eng
Spectre
10
11-23-2006 09:35 PM
MnFastBoat
General Boating Discussion
2
12-14-2003 09:09 PM
MnFastBoat
Eliminator
2
12-14-2003 01:40 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:53 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.