Old 09-16-2007, 12:02 PM
AKA "BAZOOKA JOE"
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice boat and like the lay out options
Old 09-16-2007, 03:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That was his car. He has a Lambo too so I guess maybe a yellow one next.

He currently has a 33 Hydra-Sports with trip 300's and custom six man bolsters I did for him in 2005. Runs about 61-62 mph and he uses it in Chicago and down here. He really loves the boat ride and how dry it has been and has not ridden anything yet he liked more.
Old 09-16-2007, 04:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by underpressure
Mike,

The plan right now is to bring a Midnight Blue quad 300 36, no top with the same bolster seating, a triple 300 Black L-shape front and rear seat 36, A 36 Cuddy triple 300, and either a 33 cuddy or open. They will all be in the water at Bahia Mar on the south side.

We are trying to get space on land at the convention center but it is like pulling teeth.

We could get 5 easy closing off the openings, maybe five with one opening left.

I tested the comfort of all the positions, rear seat, front of console, and helm. I am extremely happy with the fit, feel and comfort and I am 6'6" about 270. That is one of the design parameters when we layed them out.

Carl
Carl,
Sounds good, I will be down at the Lauderdale show and look for you guys. Are you going to be taking demo rides? I have had two Fountains, a Donzi and a Concept. Looking to go back to a big center console that is fast but also offers plenty of seating that makes the pasengers feel safe. The 300 verados would be the motor of choice due to no oil burn and longer warranty. What kind of range do you think a quad 300 boat would have at a 55-60 cruise? Do you offer a bigger fuel tank? Those bolsters look very nice and I assume would hold you secure in any type of seas. Can you do an arch instead of a t-top? If so how much speed differance compared to the t-top?Thanks Mike
Old 09-16-2007, 04:41 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Carl, how do you level the boat in a beam sea and wind with out trim tabs?
thanks! Mike
Old 09-16-2007, 07:33 PM
Registered

Can you order from Mercury those motors custom colored and decaled or is it all aftermarket
Old 09-17-2007, 11:52 AM
Registered

Deep V and Maryland

That would be a negative on the motors from Merc. We spend over a week disassembling, sanding, airbrushing, clearing and reassembling them. I would be thrilled if Merc would do it as it sucks up time like you would not believe.

Mike,

Simply touch either of the outside motor trims up or down. Just about any triple will do it, especially a step or pad bottom.

Deep V

We will be locked in our water slip so we typically do not do seatrials there. We may keep one at one of my friends house but the logistics to work it all out are a nightmare.

We do have boats at the marina in Key Largo and have a shuttle for serious buyers at the show, about a two hour trip south. The boat has the additional fuel 100 gallons so it carries 420 total. Most triples we do 320.

I will know more on cruise numbers when we get the 20" motors and start propping. I would look for 1.2 to 1.3 mpg at 55. We saw 1.08 at 65 mph but we were spinning at 5200 and the Verados are using more fuel then. Remember we are over 14,000 pounds plus carrying people and fuel just as you would use the boat, not lightweight test numbers.

The seats will all have either handles or grab straps standard depending on the location, they are still being made. We do have a radar arch but use it for the oversive top. We will run the next quad boat with no top and get numbers on it. We can do just the arch though.

Carl
Old 09-17-2007, 12:00 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Since there don't seem to be too many of these floating around Chicago...I'm guessing it was Buca that we saw at East Chicago yesterday...yellow with the white OBs? Beautiful boat!
Old 09-17-2007, 12:24 PM
Registered

Actually that boat is a twin to Buca's boat. His is Bahama blue. That one belongs to a big crane guy up there. He is a drag racer and also thinking four engines now.

That boat ran 71. 3 with trip 275 Verados.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:48 PM
Registered

We hear that at every show and even here at the marina "when did Mercury start doing white motors?"

We even talked to a few body and paint shops here in S. Fla and they do not want the work either so we do it in house.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:11 PM
Registered

I guess that would break tradition for Merc to do a WHITE engine

Quick Reply: Deep Impact 36 Quad 300

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.