Airdock...info or opinions... >

Airdock...info or opinions...

Notices

Airdock...info or opinions...

Old 09-06-2007, 11:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airdock...info or opinions...

hey all....i am looking at this lift system made by airdock...its an airbag system for lifting the boat instead of an elevator, Davit or hydrihoist....i dont have the room for a davit, dont have the depth for a hydro hoist and will never get permits for a lift....

no need for a permit with this...i can take it with me when i go...no metal parts to fail....i kinda like it....

let me know .....

http://www.airdock.com/
Old 09-06-2007, 11:33 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

I don't have any first-hand experience with an airdock or similar airbag system, but this small Donzi caught my eye when cruising around last weekend...
Attached Thumbnails Airdock...info or opinions...-img2007-09-04-145446-medium-.jpg  
Old 09-07-2007, 05:17 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

When I bought my first boat a couple years ago, I didn't want to drop the coin on a Hydrohoist (10k), so I went looking and found the Airdock (3k). Simple choice, right? Plus, like you said, I could pull it out every year and clean it and not worry about damage over the winter. All I needed was permission from the harbor, and that's where I was stonewalled. The harbor master said he didn't know if that would be acceptable, and deferred to the harbor director. This "gentleman" told me flat-out "NO," stating that it would put too much stress on the floating docks, it would grow a nasty "beard" of weeds and stink, and that the harbor wouldn't accept the responsibilty if someone were to run the thing over (in MY slip??) and tear it up. I calmed diffused all of his arguments, but he wouldn't budge. Soooo, because I really wanted to save 7k, I called the owner of Airdock (he's in Indianapolis), spoke with him, and had him call the harbor director...who refused to speak with him. I tried again, stating I had the owner of the company ready to refute his arguements, and the guy literally went off on me. If it weren't a telephonic conversation, it would have ended with my fist down his throat he was so freakin' rude (he is/was a fatassed blow-boater). I wrote Powerboat magazine and was published in the "Letters" section pleading for help (I sent a highlighted copy to Mr. Director), but got nothing. Ended up buying a Hydrohoist, but not by choice. The Airdock is still something I'd look into if I had the option. Funny thing is, there are a couple sets of those modular air-cushions that you pull jet skis up onto in the harbor now...don't see how that's any different! Good luck...the dude at Airdock is a good guy, wish I couldv'e given him my business.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:15 AM
Registered

i have been hearing nothing bt god things about the air dock...there are a couple of small draw backs but i think i can deal with them....

gonna call today for info from them and a price...if this works i see a larger boat in my future....
Old 09-07-2007, 08:00 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

George, email sent.
Ur pm box is full.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:12 PM
Registered

I got an Airdock, and am very disappointed with it and the service:

http://orrenmedia.com/2010/09/30/pro...oat-your-boat/
Old 09-30-2010, 05:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had 2 different size air docks and have had good luck with both . Never had a problem when I needed service.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:40 PM
Registered

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
When I bought my first boat a couple years ago, I didn't want to drop the coin on a Hydrohoist (10k), so I went looking and found the Airdock (3k). Simple choice, right? Plus, like you said, I could pull it out every year and clean it and not worry about damage over the winter. All I needed was permission from the harbor, and that's where I was stonewalled. The harbor master said he didn't know if that would be acceptable, and deferred to the harbor director. This "gentleman" told me flat-out "NO," stating that it would put too much stress on the floating docks, it would grow a nasty "beard" of weeds and stink, and that the harbor wouldn't accept the responsibilty if someone were to run the thing over (in MY slip??) and tear it up. I calmed diffused all of his arguments, but he wouldn't budge. Soooo, because I really wanted to save 7k, I called the owner of Airdock (he's in Indianapolis), spoke with him, and had him call the harbor director...who refused to speak with him. I tried again, stating I had the owner of the company ready to refute his arguements, and the guy literally went off on me. If it weren't a telephonic conversation, it would have ended with my fist down his throat he was so freakin' rude (he is/was a fatassed blow-boater). I wrote Powerboat magazine and was published in the "Letters" section pleading for help (I sent a highlighted copy to Mr. Director), but got nothing. Ended up buying a Hydrohoist, but not by choice. The Airdock is still something I'd look into if I had the option. Funny thing is, there are a couple sets of those modular air-cushions that you pull jet skis up onto in the harbor now...don't see how that's any different! Good luck...the dude at Airdock is a good guy, wish I couldv'e given him my business.
Did you tell the jacka## to tie his halyard up tight so they don't clang in the wind EVERY TIME THE WIND BLOWS........................I feel your paine it sucks when the people running the the boat place don't like boaters.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are several in the Harbor I am in and they look nasty. They do not seem to lift the boats evenly or completely out of the water. Beyond that observation I have no experience with their operation.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:00 PM
Commercial Member
Commercial Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I had two friends with them. Neither one still use them today and they both had boats under 32ft. Did not like.

Quick Reply: Airdock...info or opinions...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.