Like Tree0Likes

Golddigger

Reply
Old 09-10-2007, 09:06 AM
  #11
Registered
 
sakoutis3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Colts Neck,NJ
My Boats: 2002 Outer Limits 51'
Posts: 2,149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GATORONE View Post
starter
I hope you enjoyed yourself thats all that counts.
sakoutis3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 11:13 AM
  #12
Charter Member#1545
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Grand Junction, Co.
My Boats: Boating,Motorcycling,Snowmobiling
Posts: 879
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GATORONE View Post
starter

Incredible boat. 160mph sounds awesome. Congrats.

Sam
Neverfastenuf is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 11:26 AM
  #13
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
rainmn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Manahawkin, NJ
Posts: 2,121
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylandmark View Post


I said GD seemed like a flop a few months ago and you would have thought I called the Pope a queer.

All I can say is regardless how much $$$ or how many toys I had; if my $2Mish 50 footer that was the star of a boat show 8 months ago was still not running 100% I would be pretty pissed...
Didn't you lay out $$ out of your own pocket to try out a bunch of different props on your boat? Why didn't you push back on Concept that the setup should have been 100% perfect when you took delivery?

Didn't you also blow up a lower & a powerhead in less than a season?

My point is that all boats have issues. You have had them yourself, in what would be considered a fairly simple set up compared to the first 50' cat from a v-hull builder with big power.
rainmn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 11:54 AM
  #14
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member
 
Cash Bar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: On the way to a PR near you
My Boats: 2009 Skater 3212- Mad Props-- 27' Conceot CC t/275VRods
Posts: 11,958
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax55 View Post
I can tell you from personal experience that Randy Scism and the MTI got thier first 55' right - runs and handles as advertized

Yo, what's up?? Sorry you missed LOTO. Hope to see you in Miami and for the KW poker run.

And, yes, your rig is bad azz.
__________________
Your OSO connection to great S. Florida Real Estate.
www.gregsellswaterfront.com
Cash Bar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 12:59 PM
  #15
AKA NORTECHJ
Gold Member
Trade Score: (1)
 
SCARABJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: orange park fl.
My Boats: 3900 Nor-tech V
Posts: 830
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylandmark View Post


I said GD seemed like a flop a few months ago and you would have thought I called the Pope a queer.

All I can say is regardless how much $$$ or how many toys I had; if my $2Mish 50 footer that was the star of a boat show 8 months ago was still not running 100% I would be pretty pissed...
were all glad that your 2 mill is not in this boat.. and Ive asked for you phone number so we can make sure that every time golddigger gets run we can call you and confirm what speed it has ran that day!! because EVERYONE involved want's to make sure that you are up to date.

O yea this is from this weekend
Attached Thumbnails
Golddigger-2007_09080161.jpg  

Last edited by SCARABJ; 09-10-2007 at 01:47 PM.
SCARABJ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 02:09 PM
  #16
Registered
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Huntersville,NC
My Boats: '93 43' Scarab "5" boat, 38 Scarab Miami Vice edition
Posts: 396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCARABJ View Post
were all glad that your 2 mill is not in this boat.. and Ive asked for you phone number so we can make sure that every time golddigger gets run we can call you and confirm what speed it has ran that day!! because EVERYONE involved want's to make sure that you are up to date.

O yea this is from this weekend
Amen also when MTI built they're 55 they had already done several years of cat builds. I bet the first MTI was not perfect right out of the box.
allfiredup is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 02:55 PM
  #17
Registered
 
AIR TIME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: EASTON MA.
My Boats: BAJA OL 650HP/ SABER 28 Gellner unlimited with konrad ace
Posts: 6,281
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantera28-650HP View Post
I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking this...
talking about set ups just kidding hope your doing better
AIR TIME is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 02:59 PM
  #18
Registered
 
AIR TIME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: EASTON MA.
My Boats: BAJA OL 650HP/ SABER 28 Gellner unlimited with konrad ace
Posts: 6,281
Default

yes 160 sounds nice and safe with the lid on it for a 50fter with 1200s, congrats and hope you get some more out of her. art
AIR TIME is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 03:00 PM
  #19
Registered
 
sellsman11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Pickwick Lake, USA
Posts: 1,296
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfiredup View Post
Amen also when MTI built they're 55 they had already done several years of cat builds. I bet the first MTI was not perfect right out of the box.

The first MTI was Tommy Bahama. If I remember correctly, that boat was a National and World champion. (remember...you brought this up!)


I might also add that I would give my left "you know what" to own Gold Digger or the Skater. Both of them are sick sick sick!

Last edited by sellsman11; 09-10-2007 at 03:08 PM.
sellsman11 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 03:34 PM
  #20
Registered
VIP Member
Trade Score: (2)
 
LubeJobs42's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Fort Lauderdale
My Boats: 44 MTI 39 MTI 35 MOTION 16 DONZI
Posts: 3,594
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sellsman11 View Post
The first MTI was Tommy Bahama. If I remember correctly, that boat was a National and World champion. (remember...you brought this up!)


I might also add that I would give my left "you know what" to own Gold Digger or the Skater. Both of them are sick sick sick!
It's going to take a little more then your left _ _ _!
LubeJobs42 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
40FlatDeck
Outerlimits
33
12-16-2008 12:38 PM
Rick G
General Boating Discussion
6
05-28-2007 10:19 PM
JCPERF
General Boating Discussion
21
04-20-2007 10:16 AM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:31 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.